Alaska, anyone? Possible group cruise in 2012

aggieastrosfan

Ok, not to hijack the thread any more - but get a load of the traffic snarl we had last week, before Thanksgiving. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=news&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCoQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fseattletimes.nwsource.com%2Fhtml%2Flocalnews%2F2013493940_weather23m.html&rct=j&q=seattle%20snow%20closures%202008%20&ei=gxvzTJTRKoaksQOzh_DSCw&usg=AFQjCNGDEGUF119mC3rzpGmBVbXB0PR5ZA&cad=rja

My brother works in Kent, & his bus back home was not running. He had to take a bus to the airport & catch light rail home. He got off work at 8:30 & didn't get home until past 1AM.

:end derail:

Everything's still pretty open at this point. Prices aren't even out yet, and I'm open to any date that's outside of the school year. Looks like in 2011 late May/early June is the cheapest, but I need to get my hands on a school calendar to see when we get out.

This is new to me, working around school schedules. :( But yay for no more day care, we're splurging on this trip! :D

Hey Mere, Royd, Meyer2, and anyone else I know but missed! Roy asked me to come join the chatter cos if it works out date-wise, I'll be joining y'all! And maybe the kiddos too.

I'm glad you say first week of August is the latest you can go, cos that's my cutoff too. I'll have one in her sophomore year of college and 1 going into 8th grade at that time.

Are you Cy-Fair or Katy?

Meyer2 - you mentioned driving to Seattle - here's an idea: What if we rented an RV and shared the drive? By google maps, it's a 36-hour drive. Rental for an RV for 2 weekends (assuming we can drop it off up there and then pick it up again) should be less than airfare for 8 I'd think! And we can still get there a day or 2 early for the party at Roy's!

Does going with a group give you better rates? I am interested and open to other months than august if that is beter for others. Of course..have to know more info and talk with hubby.

They have in the past, but I don't know how Carnival's new rules will affect group pricing. Guess we'll find out soon!

Would love a May 2012 if the prices are like they currently are!

May is perfect for the Carribean but for Alaska- It is still very early in the season in May and even into June. The best time to go to Alaska is July and August. It is pricier but for some of us it is likely a once in a lifetime (or at least decade) experience and I want to get my money's worth.

If we get a vote - I vote Mid July to mid August

Does going with a group give you better rates?

I'm interested in finding about this too. Have never been on a CC group cruise, but I think it would be a blast.

Do you get the discounted rate or deposit only if you book a guarantee? If so don't know if it would help me, because I always want to pick my cabin.

DW and I have cruised Alaska on the Spirit twice, once in mid-June and also early September (see my signature link for photos of our Glacier Bay cruise earlier this year). We would be interested in May, July or August 2012 as we now would like to visit AK once during each month of the summer tourist season to see it all (like the salmon run which is in July and August). With the heat here in DFW area in the summer, a trip to Alaska is a great change! :)

Cherie and I were thinking about doing either Alaska or the Med for 2012 so we would be interested. She is probably taking her 3 month sabbatical then so her dates are a little more flexible. (I would need to first find a sugar daddy to cruise whenever I wanted. :p )

May is perfect for the Carribean but for Alaska- It is still very early in the season in May and even into June. The best time to go to Alaska is July and August. It is pricier but for some of us it is likely a once in a lifetime (or at least decade) experience and I want to get my money's worth.

If we get a vote - I vote Mid July to mid August

We loved Alaska in May. Prices are great. Though, plan on a balcony. Next time we do alaska we will get a balcony. I just wish Carnival did a different itinerary than the same old one that everyone else does and victoria not at night.

Hey Mere;

We have always wanted to do Alaska. Seattle to Seattle would be the only way hubby will fly (If then) Since we are in Colorado now, he doesn't have a choice. No ports in site of us now! I will try and keep up with the thread.

Pricing in March 2012?

Yay! The more the merrier, I'm so glad there's a lot of interest in this! Didn't know what I was going to get when I posted this. :o

I'm thinking March sounds about right, so we get to just sit tight and chat away 'till then. ;)

We loved Alaska in May. Prices are great. Though, plan on a balcony. Next time we do alaska we will get a balcony. I just wish Carnival did a different itinerary than the same old one that everyone else does and victoria not at night.

We are definitely springing for the VS on this trip. Never sailed Spirit class, and I've always wanted one of those cabins!

I'm sure we'll be hosting a see the glaciers party. ;)

I would love to see the details on this. I plan my cruises long term and I really want to do Alaska. Sounds like there are more than a few Texans interested. We are from the DFW area as well. I will look back to see if there is more info. That is if you will let a longhorn fan sail with you aggie ;)!!!! And I cheered for you against Nebraska :D

Cherie and I were thinking about doing either Alaska or the Med for 2012 so we would be interested. She is probably taking her 3 month sabbatical then so her dates are a little more flexible. (I would need to first find a sugar daddy to cruise whenever I wanted. :p )

I would have been you're sugar daddy if I had won big at bingo that day on the splendor with you.. Lol... I hope you can make this one, and if so, that I get to see you more often...

Archived