Alaska, anyone? Possible group cruise in 2012

aggieastrosfan

I hear ya! We will get some advice from our friends that just went too I'm sure. We just saw there pictures & they are so beautiful!!!

LMBO Roy! That would be us considering driving....:D With all 5 of us, who knows. So, does that mean you would maybe let us all crash at your place for the night if we drive. :D:D

Oh, of course!, you're absolutely welcome at my estate. I'll just let my maid and butler know I will have some extra guests. Lol

I'm actually missing two, but all I have out here on the road is my iPhone and I can't figure out how to do it.... Lol

Same way Roy, but I'd wait till you have wifi or 3G cause its sloooow!. Just got to the top left corner, "user cp" then scroll down to "edit signature"... the one caveat may be that scrolling down in the edit box on the iphone may not be allowed...anyway happy travels and be safe!

Same way Roy, but I'd wait till you have wifi or 3G cause its sloooow!. Just got to the top left corner, "user cp" then scroll down to "edit signature"... the one caveat may be that scrolling down in the edit box on the iphone may not be allowed...anyway happy travels and be safe!

It is the scroll down part that has me stumped...

Oh, of course!, you're absolutely welcome at my estate. I'll just let my maid and butler know I will have some extra guests. Lol

Woo Hoo, Awesome! LOL ;)

Isn't that what your finger is for? ;)

Wanna know what my middle finger is doing now mere?? Lol!! You think I didn't try? I can scroll the entire page down, just not the individual section I need to edit....

LMBO! :D

Yes we are interested! My husband and I are going on our fourth Western Carribean in May but we want to go to Alaska some time in July or August 2012. We are flexable but also need to be back for School year. I plan on teaching at the end of August! Please let me know the details expecially if it is a good deal. galardia@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Party at Roy's house! :p

I'm all for that!!!

Woot Woot!!! It's on! ;)

I just checked on Carnival's site, and for 2011, Glacier Bay is only in September. Bummer.

I also checked prices, and it looks like end of May, and even early June, is cheaper than early August.

Early June might work too, kids do swim team, so we'd have to see. Just patiently waiting for Carnival to release the rest of the 2012 dates. LOL

Hi what dates and need to know the price?

Everything's still pretty open at this point. Prices aren't even out yet, and I'm open to any date that's outside of the school year. Looks like in 2011 late May/early June is the cheapest, but I need to get my hands on a school calendar to see when we get out.

This is new to me, working around school schedules. :( But yay for no more day care, we're splurging on this trip! :D

Meredith, I'm sorta limited for 2012. I can only do a cruise from Jan 1 to dec 31..lol!!!

Hmmm, we might be able to accomodate that.....;)

Everything's still pretty open at this point. Prices aren't even out yet, and I'm open to any date that's outside of the school year. Looks like in 2011 late May/early June is the cheapest, but I need to get my hands on a school calendar to see when we get out.

This is new to me, working around school schedules. :( But yay for no more day care, we're splurging on this trip! :D

I know for us, school is out the 1st week of June now since school can't start until later in August.

If the forecasts for heavier than usual snow this winter turn out to be true, school could be extended a bit beyond what is scheduled due to making up snow days. If it turns out the group cruise is early summer rather than late to take advantage of good rates - might be better to leave a week leeway from the time schools are expected to be in recess for summer.

I know for us, school is out the 1st week of June now since school can't start until later in August.

I have no idea what the public school calendar looks like, guess I'm about to find out! Ryan is in private kindergarten at his day care since he missed the public school cut-off by 5 days. So he'll be repeating kindergarten next year.

If the forecasts for heavier than usual snow this winter turn out to be true, school could be extended a bit beyond what is scheduled due to making up snow days. If it turns out the group cruise is early summer rather than late to take advantage of good rates - might be better to leave a week leeway from the time schools are expected to be in recess for summer.

Wow, you guys would end up making up snow days for a week? That's never something we've had to worry about around here. :o

Wow, you guys would end up making up snow days for a week? That's never something we've had to worry about around here. :o

Seattle shuts down if there is a couple of inches of snow on the ground. Hills, and even with good warning of snow - for some reason the DOT still runs out of salt for the roads, etc etc. So perhaps not a measure of how much snow we get, as much as how little it takes for the schools to close. Although the past several years seems to be feast or famine.

And then there is the rest of the country - not sure if the forecast is for heavier snow all around but that's what I thought.

Archived