Ship Departure

Just watching an episode on Science Channel called How Do They Do It.

Discussing ship turnaround and pics showed some nasty looking cabins for the crew to turn around.

How do you leave your cabin?

Maybe they were showing Katie and Suri's cabin.......................

;) :p :D

We are very neat and leave the cabin the way we found it with the exception as another poster said, of unmade beds, used towels. Trash is always put in the trash can. I've walked by cabins being cleaned and some people have clothes laying across every piece of furniture and the floor. I can only imagine what their homes look like.

Even though I'm not the neatest person in the world (as my roomies will tell you), I do my best to limit the amount of work the stateroom attendant has to do. Trash in trash cans, anything I'm leaving behind either in a trash can or in a bag right next to it, etc.

I am on the Monarch often and I know quite a few of the room attendants as I am in cabins in a couple of areas.

Except for the dirty towels (all in one pile), trash in the trash can and the beds there is nothing out. Once in a while my backback will be on the chair. Otherwise they are in and out of my cabin very quickly. I also carry a small cooler as the frigs aren't very cold and I give the attendant $10 the first time I see him...tell him I want it filled every morning and night. They know who has prepaid gratuities and I do as I like MTD.

They are great.

Archived