Any Carnival Ships going to Manzanillo Mexico

merinski

Hi I heard that the carnival Spirit isn't going to Manzinillo anymore due to saftey. It seems though that maybe none of carnival ships are going. I only found Holand America going. I am wondering because they go to Acapulco, which is less safe. Does anyone know if any cruises are going there still.

We enjoyed Manzanillo last year. We went with Scuba Shack tours , snorkleing, it was very enjoyable. See gomanzanillo dot com. :)

Last cruise to Manzanillo is this week on the Spirit. I don't know of any CCL ships that will be going there. I got off the Spirit yesterday and was happy to see that Manzanillo finally got the dock built so now you get off the ship in town. Much more pleasant.

Since it is all speculation from CC member's, I don't think anybody really has the real reason, unless they work for Carnival and are in the know.

It has been said that the price of fuel is one of the main reasons that the southern most Mexican Riviera itinerary has been cut out for now. A lot will say it is because of the violence in Acapulco.

So if anybody really wAnts to know why, I would call Carnival Corporate and get the reason straight from them.

Carnival is going to Acapulco on the Paradise and Inspiration next year when they reposition the ships. Since they will be going by there it isn't costing any more in fuel on those cruises, but I can see it costing quite a bit for the cruise that went down there and back. We've done it twice and I'm glad we did, although I will be getting off the ship when we stop there again in Dec.

• 1 month later...

Our Disney cruise is going to Manzanillo in December. I am not wondering if I should be concerned. With a million kids on board, you would think Disney would NOT go there if there were safety issues... I hope.

Katherine

I LOVED the old itinerary of Carnival Spirit to Acapulco, Manzanillo and Zihuatanejo!! I am REALLY sad they stopped.

We felt totally fine in all the ports and had a wonderful private tour from Manzanillo to the interior towns nearby!

We walked on our own in Acapulco and saw nothing alarming at all.

The whole situation with Carnival leaving the west coast is pretty sad for me!!

I LOVED the old itinerary of Carnival Spirit to Acapulco, Manzanillo and Zihuatanejo!! I am REALLY sad they stopped.

We felt totally fine in all the ports and had a wonderful private tour from Manzanillo to the interior towns nearby!

Carnival isn't totally leaving the west coast. When the Spirit leaves they will have the Splendor and Inspiration leaving from LA year round.

I agree. I felt as safe in Acapulco as I did in any large American city. The only place I didn't feel safe was at the port where all the taxi drivers and tour operators were trying to get our attention and wouldn't take no for an answer. We walked to the zocalo and the church and no one bothered us and I felt safe. I think we were the only non-Mexicans there.

I loved Manzanillo and Zihua also. Sorry to see these ports not on any Carnival itinerary anymore.

It has been said that the price of fuel is one of the main reasons that the southern most Mexican Riviera itinerary has been cut out for now. A lot will say it is because of the violence in Acapulco.

Is it "violence in Acapulco" or simply the fact that Acapulco is a total hole and not worth visiting anymore?

I suspect fuel costs also might have something to do with the change in itineraries.

The real loss, in my opinion, is Zihatenejo which is absolutely glorious. It was a delight just to be on our balcony in that port.

I suspect fuel costs also might have something to do with the change in itineraries.

That was my thought also. Acapulco is way down south. Actually Manzanillo is farther down south than Puerto Vallarta is, so that kinda puts it in perspective how far Acapulco is down. They only had 2 sea days to get down to Acapulco, the same they have to get down to Puerto Vallarta, so they had to run the ship faster than they would have liked to get down to Acapulco in time. Faster cruising speed= higher costs.

I think that was the main reason for changing the itineraries.

Carnival has said they are making minor changes to itineraries to improve fuel efficiency. Most of the time it is just leaving a port an hour earlier of arriving an hour earlier. So this was one of the more major changes.

We did the Southern MR route New Years of 08. Acapulco was just scary. We were in Acapulco until 1am and I had no desire to be off of the ship for more than an hour. We were literally stalked by vendors as we walked down the beach, would NOT leave us alone and a couple of them placed themselves between myself and the rest of my party and would not let me pass until I shoved my way through. Yikes.

Archived