Ok Princess experts. Re: Elite internet perk

2Oregonians

We just got off the Sapphire on Saturday after a lovely cruise with my parents. We are lowly gold, but they are Elite with 22 Princess cruises under their belts.

My Dad told me that the last two cruises they have gotten a $75 credit EACH for the internet, but no charge to balance it out. I thought either he was confused, or Princess made a mistake. So Saturday morning at breakfast he brought his final folio and I see -- yep -- their folio starts off with each of them getting their $25 future cruise onboard credit, followed by a $75 credit for each of them marked "internet". Never on either folio was a charge for internet usage.

I thought the way it worked was that they would charge you for a package, then credit it back at the end of the cruise??? So apparently my parents have been making money off this 3 cruises in a row. They PAY them $150 to use the internet. Am I missing something???

very strange, it's always worked for me the same as colo and pam. i could see a mistake on one cruise but very weird that it happened to both of them on multiple cruises?

i'm just curious if you remember what the exact "location" and "reference" column was listed as exactly? (don't worry, i don't work for princess) :)

It's very weird, because we only signed up for an internet account for Mom, but they EACH got the $75 credit. Never were either of them debited for it. I can't speak for the prior 2 cruises, but Dad says it was the same.

are you sure its not $75 obc each, i dont think the system would give out $150 for the internet when only mom signed up for it

are you sure its not $75 obc each, i dont think the system would give out $150 for the internet when only mom signed up for it

I wondered that too, but both the $75 credits said internet. Their $25 future cruise onboard credit said something different. I'll have to have Dad send me the folio so I can scan and post it.

I wondered that too, but both the $75 credits said internet. Their $25 future cruise onboard credit said something different. I'll have to have Dad send me the folio so I can scan and post it.

Dunno if that'd be a good idea since Princess reads these forums... your parents might just get a bill in the mail! :p

Seriously, maybe the internet charge appears elsewhere on the folio? And so weird that only one of them signed up to use the Internet and both got a credit... weirdness indeed.

If your parents are using FCCs, they should get that credit.

If they have cruised more then 21 times, Princess's Loyalty program gives you an extra $25. That increases after 30 cruises. Did you see this?

If they use a TA and they have group space, they may receive more credit. Also, if they are stockholders, more credit.

If your parents are using FCCs, they should get that credit.

If they have cruised more then 21 times, Princess's Loyalty program gives you an extra $25. That increases after 30 cruises. Did you see this?

If they use a TA and they have group space, they may receive more credit. Also, if they are stockholders, more credit.

But none of these credits would say "Internet" and several of the posters above said the statement of the on board account did.

But none of these credits would say "Internet" and several of the posters above said the statement of the on board account did.

It is the same poster who said that it said "internet" -he said it multiple times. Everyone else says theirs never says it. I was just pointing out other possibilities. Considering they have cruised 22 times, I was curious if they received the loyalty credit, etc...

I agree with Coral here. The $25 credit would be the Captain's Circle credit given to the passengers for sailing over 20 cruises. The $75 I am not sure about, but if they purchased with an FCC there would be a credit from that also. We don't know what cabin category the passengers booked so that is difficult to answer how much FCC credit they would be receiving. There is just not enough information given to even attempt to figure out where the credit came from. But I honestly doubt it was an internet credit given if the passengers never even logged on to the internet onboard. And if 'mom' did log in, and received her complimentary internet package, then this $75 pp came from another soarse.

To find out for sure, I would contact the TA that was used and I am sure they can explain where the credits came from.

I agree with Coral here. The $25 credit would be the Captain's Circle credit given to the passengers for sailing over 20 cruises. The $75 I am not sure about, but if they purchased with an FCC there would be a credit from that also. We don't know what cabin category the passengers booked so that is difficult to answer how much FCC credit they would be receiving. There is just not enough information given to even attempt to figure out where the credit came from. But I honestly doubt it was an internet credit given if the passengers never even logged on to the internet onboard. And if 'mom' did log in, and received her complimentary internet package, then this $75 pp came from another soarse.

To find out for sure, I would contact the TA that was used and I am sure they can explain where the credits came from.

Ok, here are the details:

They each purchased a FCC on their prior cruise.

They each have 22 cruises.

For THIS cruise, they booked a mini-suite for themselves, and a mini-suite for my husband and me.

On morning 1 (Sunday), I logged "mom" (which was really me!) onto the internet. Didn't purchase a package, just created a login password and began surfing the net. It counted down the minutes each day and I got it down to where there was only 1 minute left, so I assume I was put on the $75 package automatically, which is - what? - 120 minutes or something like that?

Folio showed $25 OBC for each of them. Assume it was the FCC. Can't remember what the category was, but definitely NOT internet related.

Folio showed $75 credit and labeled it something to do with "internet". I don't have it here, so I can't say exactly what it said. I'm so curious about this I'm calling Dad today and having him mail me their folios!!

Folio did NOT show any debit in the amount of $75 or anything close, nor were there ANY other listings having to do with "internet" other than the two $75 credits.

They are NOT stockholders.

I am fully open to the idea that these $75 credits are for something else (loyalty credits, etc.) but has anyone ever use the internet and NOT had a debit OR credit for it show up on their folio? Because other than $75 cr saying "internet", NOTHING else on the folio was for that. My parents do not purchase anything onboard, so their folio had $11 tips X 7, one tour for the 4 of us @29 each, a water bottle, and some ginger tablets. Pretty easy to read since that is ALL that was on their folio.

Thanks for trying to help me figure this out. It really does not matter in the grand scheme of things, but it just has me puzzled. If the credit indeed IS for internet, why was there no debit and why did they BOTH get it? If it is NOT for the internet, why was there no charge/credit for the internet we DID use under mom's name? Guess it will all just remain a mystery, and that drives me nuts!! :p

If it was a 7 day sailing, their FCC credit would have been $50 per person for an outside stateroom (which would include a mini suite). Therefore I would again guess that the $25 is the Captain's Circle credit for sailing over 20 cruises with Princess.

I would also guess the $75 credit was possibly the $50 credit from the FCC and possibly an added $25 per person (from something else) equaling $75. Did they possibly have an referral credit for referring you and your hubby?

As for the internet, probably a mistake that didn't show up on their folio after you logged in under your mothers account, but I honestly again doubt that the $75 was a credit from the internet.

So, that still makes it a mystery, as the $25 per person would definitely be from the Captain's Circle. And if the only other credit shown on their folio was $75 per person, $50 of that would have been from the FCC credit, but not sure where the other $25 added to that came from, unless as said, possibly a promotion or a referral credit. ;)

If it was a 7 day sailing, their FCC credit would have been $50 per person for an outside stateroom (which would include a mini suite). Therefore I would again guess that the $25 is the Captain's Circle credit for sailing over 20 cruises with Princess.

I would also guess the $75 credit was possibly the $50 credit from the FCC and possibly an added $25 per person (from something else) equaling $75. Did they possibly have an referral credit for referring you and your hubby?

As for the internet, probably a mistake that didn't show up on their folio after you logged in under your mothers account, but I honestly again doubt that the $75 was a credit from the internet.

So, that still makes it a mystery, as the $25 per person would definitely be from the Captain's Circle. And if the only other credit shown on their folio was $75 per person, $50 of that would have been from the FCC credit, but not sure where the other $25 added to that came from, unless as said, possibly a promotion or a referral credit. ;)

Ok, that sort of makes sense. I didn't realize they got more than just the $25 FCC. As you said, still a mystery, but I am beginning to believe that the $75 was something else. Odd that it said internet though. I'm still going to have Dad send me their folios. I will blank out any identifying info and just post the entries. Sorry I'm being so thorough about this, it just nags at me!! :confused:

Ok, that sort of makes sense. I didn't realize they got more than just the $25 FCC. As you said, still a mystery, but I am beginning to believe that the $75 was something else. Odd that it said internet though. I'm still going to have Dad send me their folios. I will blank out any identifying info and just post the entries. Sorry I'm being so thorough about this, it just nags at me!! :confused:

I have seen many times that the folio has some strange names for things onboard, that at times seem to have little to do with where they were charged or where the credit came from. But since we have now eliminated that $25 credit as not being the FCC credit ( But can only be the Captain's Circle credit from sailing over 20 cruises with Princess), The second credit would only have $25 not accounted for, since $50 would be from the FCC's they booked their cruise with. As said, if they have a travel agent, I would have them check with them, or with Princess directly if they booked that way. It would solve the entire mystery and they would be able to explain where each of the credits came from. Good Luck!

FCC shipboard credits are as follows (and they depend on the type of stateroom and length of sailing).

7-9 Day Cruise....$25 inside cabin..........$50 outside cabin (or above)

10-15 Day Cruise....$75 inside cabin..........$100 outside cabin (or above)

16+ Day Cruise.......$125 inside cabin........$150 outside cabin (or above)

This is per person booking with an FCC.

could it have said "computer" instead of internet? i am looking at my recent bill and it started with my fcc as 75 for an outside, and my bf got a 25--i didn't say anything because eventhough i thought it would be 50 each it was more for me :) but the "location" for that said sscomputer-that may look like internet to some. i also got the 25 for the captain's circle. it still doesn't solve your mystery of where the charges went for your internet use and it always asks me to choose either a package or by the minute so that is strange it just started by itself.

i am very curious now ..please keep us updated (trying to avoid work)

We have also had gold mine promos which provided OBC. It is not something I knew about it but if I booked a cruise during a certain time period for a certain time period, I received an OBC. They were targeting me when I hadn't booked for a while so my last gold mine credit was over a year ago.

Referrals are usually off the cost of the cruise, not the cruise itself.

They may have received a credit from something not going well on their last cruise (if you write to princess about an issue, it is not un-common for them to apologize and give a small shipboard credit).

could it have said "computer" instead of internet? i am looking at my recent bill and it started with my fcc as 75 for an outside, and my bf got a 25--i didn't say anything because eventhough i thought it would be 50 each it was more for me :) but the "location" for that said sscomputer-that may look like internet to some. i also got the 25 for the captain's circle. it still doesn't solve your mystery of where the charges went for your internet use and it always asks me to choose either a package or by the minute so that is strange it just started by itself.

i am very curious now ..please keep us updated (trying to avoid work)

I believe you're right - it did say computer now that I think about it. Ok, so were doing well at solving the mystery!!

Just off the Sapphire; 2 cruises B2B. Internet worked differently. We never had to buy a package and thus no charges were ever on the shipboard account. We were each entitled to 500 minutes per cruise and the first time we logged on the minutes were already credited. I did ask the internet manager about it and she said it was just easier to give the Elites their credits automatically and not have them BUY and then get REFUND. I don't know if this is something that is going to happen on all ships, or just something that makes life easier for the manager.

BTW, this internet manager is the nicest I have ever had contact with on any ship.

Just off the Sapphire; 2 cruises B2B. Internet worked differently. We never had to buy a package and thus no charges were ever on the shipboard account. We were each entitled to 500 minutes per cruise and the first time we logged on the minutes were already credited. I did ask the internet manager about it and she said it was just easier to give the Elites their credits automatically and not have them BUY and then get REFUND. I don't know if this is something that is going to happen on all ships, or just something that makes life easier for the manager.

BTW, this internet manager is the nicest I have ever had contact with on any ship.

We were on the same cruise. Well, the 7 day Mexican Riviera portion!

Archived