Hotel Colon

jt1945

I haven't stayed there. The location is right by the main cathedral. I have read reviews on both Trip Advisor and on Venere(a European hotel booking site) that are mixed with positives and negatives depending on the needs of the travelers.

There are many hotel choices in Barcelona at all price levels soo you can use both/either one of the sites mentioned above to put in your dates/budget and then read reviews on available hotels.

We are staying at the Hotel Regensia Colon, it just behind the Colon has good reviews more reasonable than the Colon. Just go to their web site to book.

We stayed at this "sister" hotel to the more costly Colon. We were very happy with it and the location is super great. It is easy to find this hotel via a Google.com search.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 25,450 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• 3 weeks later...

We have stayed at the Colon on several ocassions and love the place for its European charm and perfect location. As to "pricy" we always thought their rates were very reasonable considering its location. Keep in mind it is a European-style hotel, somewhat dated, and not what we would call a luxury property. We really like to get rooms that overlook the Cathedral (these usually cost a few more Euros).

Hank

We have stayed at the Colon on several ocassions and love the place for its European charm and perfect location. As to "pricy" we always thought their rates were very reasonable considering its location. Keep in mind it is a European-style hotel, somewhat dated, and not what we would call a luxury property. We really like to get rooms that overlook the Cathedral (these usually cost a few more Euros). Hank

Agree with Hank that staying in a more charming "European-style hotel" has its advantages. I like experiencing the character and style that is Europe. Some of these might not be a fancy and "IT" as other newer, more Americanized hotels, but we can get that back in the USA. It's Europe!!! In Barcelona, it's wonderful to walk around and soak up the history and architecture.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 27,225 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

hi we are staying there pre cruise april 2011

my question is is it possible to walk to cruise terminal from hotel with bags?

i have heard on c.c. that it can take up to an hour during embarkation day and in a taxi with meter ticking oh DEAR!!!!:confused:

hi we are staying there pre cruise april 2011

my question is is it possible to walk to cruise terminal from hotel with bags?

i have heard on c.c. that it can take up to an hour during embarkation day and in a taxi with meter ticking oh DEAR!!!!:confused:

No! Its a pretty long walk (more then a mile) and you have to cross a major street near the water and than go over a long bridge (it does have sidewalks). We actually enjoy walking between the port and town but we do this with no luggage in about 40 min. Not sure who posted that info about getting a taxi to the port but it is no problem and quite inexpensive (it used to be less than 10 Euros but might be a little more now). We have never seen a traffic jam at the port and cannot imagine how that would ever happen. Most of the cruise ships dock at a nice modern port area which has its own bridge and a road that serves nothing but the port.

Hank

Archived