December 14 - 21, 2010 - SeaDream II

mimito4

...are you listening Santa? :p

Changing gears--glad you're jetting to St. Thomas. I do expect that it all will be completely more than worth it for you, but I was thinking of a previous thread. Some who were on the November 5 day that I was on had a completely different experience--and not as wonderful as mine was! And so it is true in life, we are all having completely different experiences.

I'll wind up my soapbox post with three quick thoughts--

1) My husband was horrified when he first saw the boat. Now he's a bigger fan than I am (if that's possible.)

2) Try to relax into the experience.

3) If there's something you'd like, just ask, "Is it possible...?"

Keeping my fingers crossed that you become half the fan I am. :D

As I type (on my new early Xmas present IPad on complimentary wi-fi courtesy of Google Chrome) we are now enroute to St Thomas. Life feels good. . .no, life feels totally fab right now. :D quote]

We'll have our IPad w/ us on our next SD cruise too.

Will be interested to hear if the internet connection on board is reliable again (as opposed to the sporadic connection FT and DJ experienced during the crossing) and if SDII is any closer to having WIFI.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Voodoo Juice. "5-6 shots of 'stuff', we pour it like we drink it, so not sure how much really' ". This from the bartender at the Marriott.

$13 for the first one. A mere $9 for the second.

I chose NOT. But then, I'm an oldster. Still, it was darn fun to watch the Ohio youngster ( a precious 25 year old corn seed salesman from Findley, first time in the Caribbean) order his second.

We plan to get up at full dark, maximum time (4-5 a.m.) to watch the meteor shower.

I shall keep you "poor left behinds" posted.

We're flying out tomorrow. There's no snow here to battle with, so that's good. We've had random flight problems lately though. If you don't see us onboard, tell them to wait for us!

Looking forward to meeting you all, Leslie, Don, Paula, and Barry! We're Courtney and Nate from Florida...we'll be the youngsters aboard, but don't let that scare you! Or maybe you should be scared...I'm not sure. And yes, I definitely need a vacation from sick babies.

Just a quickie ( get your minds out of the gutter :p). We're on- board. Roland has already made us a pain killer. Ship is lovely. Reminds me of the very very small Renassiance ship we took through the Corinth Canal years ago. Don already likes.

I met Zoltan and told him I thought I should ask for his autograph because he was so Internet famous.

We're in 215 which is much larger. Very large bathroom. We're happy.

I shall keep you poor left-behinds posted as I can. Probably not daily.

Oh, and our attendant is Babylyn. What's not to like about someone named Baby? And she told us to secure the forward Bali bed for sleeping under the stars the night we're in St. Bart's. We did, so we're set!

Looking forward to your on-board reports!

CDreamer, can I check out your IPad?? Have the Kindle and IPhone, but think I'm falling behind in the "toys" race :D

Mimito4 (my mother's name was Mimi!) -- I hope you enjoy 215 more than I did! That was the trip I had a broken leg and did NOT enjoy navigating the bathroom on crutches :eek:.

Vandrefalk

Just a quickie ( get your minds out of the gutter :p). We're on- board. Roland has already made us a pain killer. Ship is lovely. Reminds me of the very very small Renassiance ship we took through the Corinth Canal years ago. Don already likes.

I met Zoltan and told him I thought I should ask for his autograph because he was so Internet famous.

We're in 215 which is much larger. Very large bathroom. We're happy.

I shall keep you poor left-behinds posted as I can. Probably not daily.

Oh, and our attendant is Babylyn. What's not to like about someone named Baby? And she told us to secure the forward Bali bed for sleeping under the stars the night we're in St. Bart's. We did, so we're set!

Yeah!!! You are on board and now the fun will begin!

We do love the classic lines of the SD yachts.

Please tell Zoltan that I am missing my "Sweet Caroline" friend:D Actually I am missing all the staff and crew ... WWWWAAAAAAHHHH!!

Good call on the Bali Bed in St. Barts.

Looking forward to your impressions and reports!

Enjoy!!

I know I said I wouldn't be posting everyday, but I didn't say I wouldn't post several times a day ;). Just taking advantage of the 3 G wireless connection before SD blocks it and I have to buy Internet access from them.

I've been told there are 70 guests, but feels like less even. Several children on board, and so far so good. They've only been seen and not heard. Perfect. I love children (mine - have 4 grandchildren who call me Mimi, hence my screen name), but I don't particularly want to vacation with them. :eek:

Have met Paula & Barry already. Seem lovely. Hope to meet Courtney soon. I've been on the lookout for a young woman looking a little haggard from looking after a sick baby. So far, no such sighting.

Royal Caribbean's Allure is making it's maiden stop here early a.m. right next to us. What, like 5 or 7,000 passengers. Michael, the CD says we're leaving 6 a.m. to move out of the way. . .another getting the heck outta Dodge moment. :eek:

T, sounds terrific...now as the Queen CC pix poster I expect to see pix of Don and you on your SD cruise (not in your Bali bed :)) in one your next on board posts...pretty please.

You betcha, Wes. Now, my hungry man is rolling his eyes at me. Wants food. Gotta go get cocktails and appetizers.

Have a great cruise! Sounds like all is off to a good start. I look forward to your reports, since we'll be on SDII in approx 3 weeks. Please report who the major crew members are (of course we know Capt Terje and Zoltan). I was on in Sept so I'm just wondering who's still on board. Enes was my very favorite waiter. Hope he's still there.

And Vandrefalk, we just bought an IPAD! You'll have several to sneak a peak at in January.

Does SDII have WiFi yet?

I know I said I wouldn't be posting everyday, but I didn't say I wouldn't post several times a day ;). Just taking advantage of the 3 G wireless connection before SD blocks it and I have to buy Internet access from them.

SD won't block your wireless. whenever you are in port - or near the connection, you will be able to use. Captain Terje was great about keeping us near Madeira on the crossing so we could use our wireless when the internet wasn't working. Have lots of fun.

FT

I like my SD jammies. Don does, too (his, that is).

I like the Grand Marnier souffle with creme anglaise.

Don liked the oysters enough to ask for more. I've never ever seen him do that.

I like Paula & Barry (we dined with them tonight and they tolerated us oldsters quite well).

I like finding out that SD is not a big bad company who's going to block my AT&T 3G data plan I just purchased for my Pad so I can buy theirs (thanks for that info, FT, although the concierge said differently. Ummmm. I'm bettin' on your version).

I like that Don says he doesn't care if we "don't do anything on these islands except relax and enjoy the ship.". Note to self: he likes small ships.

I like DJ's journal.

Good night.

Oh yeah, Teresa and her DH are definitely getting into the SD groove now!! :D

Be interesting to hear how the voyage progresses with several kids on board.

whatnot, sounds like we might have some bargaining leverage (with our IPads) where Vandrefalk's concerned!! ;)

Oh, and Vandrefalk - I'm actually getting better about the sad departures... no longer go through a WHOLE box of tissues.... am now down to just a half! :p

I like finding out that SD is not a big bad company who's going to block my AT&T 3G data plan I just purchased for my Pad so I can buy theirs (thanks for that info, FT, although the concierge said differently. Ummmm. I'm bettin' on your version).

Good night.

I love each and every one of the concierge ladies. They are fantastic and bend over backwards to make everyone happy and make everything work and I will admit to being technologically clueless . . . but SD being able to "block" signals? Heck, they couldn't get their own firewalls operational on the crossing or the internet and wireless functional. And the explanation the concierges gave for 18 hrs was we had hit a "dead spot". Hopefully, I am right on this one. Let me know though if I have to eat my words.

so glad you are enjoying everything. Wish we could be there. It was 14 here this morning!

FT

Have a great cruise! Sounds like all is off to a good start. I look forward to your reports, since we'll be on SDII in approx 3 weeks. Please report who the major crew members are (of course we know Capt Terje and Zoltan). I was on in Sept so I'm just wondering who's still on board. Enes was my very favorite waiter. Hope he's still there.

And Vandrefalk, we just bought an IPAD! You'll have several to sneak a peak at in January.

Does SDII have WiFi yet?

Capt. Terje is back home for the holidays. My understanding is that he will be back in January ... when I am not sure.

When we were on board for the Crossing in the Fall we could SEE the WIFI network ... just couldn't connect to it yet.

I like Paula & Barry (we dined with them tonight and they tolerated us oldsters quite well).

I like that Don says he doesn't care if we "don't do anything on these islands except relax and enjoy the ship.". Note to self: he likes small ships.

I like DJ's journal.

Good night.

Glad that you like the journal!

Looks like your list of favorite things includes some of DJ's DH and mine (except for the oysters!).:p

Looking forward to more report.

Enjoy!!

Re: not needing as much tissue on day of departure:

That's only if I'm not there :D

Vandrefalk

Oh great.... looks like I may need to stock up again! :p

DJ: Miami did tell me Capt. Terje will be at the helm for our Jan cruise and I think Christophe will also be on board. We are really looking forward to seeing them both again!

I like DJ's journal.

Good night.

I agree, the souffle was amazing! I (foolishly) ordered the candied strawberries, but my husband got the souffle. I think I ate most of it. Oops!

Also, the jammies are so comfy! We slept out on the large Balinese Bed last night. It was actually a very nice night. I slept like a baby until my husband woke me up and demanded we go back to our stateroom.

We're having a fabulous time! We actually haven't met anyone at all :eek:. Maybe we look mean? Teresa - I've got blonde hair and Nate's hair is brown and kind of bushy (but don't tell him I said that). Maybe we don't look as young (and haggard) as we think! But we also got to the ship late, were first to eat dinner, and first to go to bed. Not much time for socializing.

DJ: Miami did tell me Capt. Terje will be at the helm for our Jan cruise and I think Christophe will also be on board. We are really looking forward to seeing them both again!

When are you cruising on January? We're on the Jan. 22-29 STT round trip. My understanding is that both Terje and Christophe are scheduled to be on board then.

Re: not needing as much tissue on day of departure:

Oh great.... looks like I may need to stock up again! :p

My recollection is that he was planning to be on board for the cruise departing STT on Jan. 22.

CDreamer - my recollection is the same as ctbjr's in term of Captain Terje's return and Christophe as HotMan.

I know you will have an outstanding time!:D

I agree, the souffle was amazing! I (foolishly) ordered the candied strawberries, but my husband got the souffle. I think I ate most of it. Oops!

Also, the jammies are so comfy! We slept out on the large Balinese Bed last night. It was actually a very nice night. I slept like a baby until my husband woke me up and demanded we go back to our stateroom.

We're having a fabulous time! We actually haven't met anyone at all :eek:. Maybe we look mean? Teresa - I've got blonde hair and Nate's hair is brown and kind of bushy (but don't tell him I said that). Maybe we don't look as young (and haggard) as we think! But we also got to the ship late, were first to eat dinner, and first to go to bed. Not much time for socializing.

You should have ordered another souffle;)

Sounds like you are having a wonderful voyage ... and I am sure you will find the right mix of socializing and sleeping!

Archived