Anybody Know where I can find Dining Room Table Numbers Before Cruise?

chermilo

Hello,

We just made Diamond Plus recently and one of the perks is that you can request a preferred location for your dining room table. We are going on the Jewel of the Seas on 1/3 and are hoping to request a large table away from the waiter stations (to be more quiet) but I can't find anything on the internet with a layout of the dining room with the table numbers.

Anyone know where I might find that?

Hello,

We just made Diamond Plus recently and one of the perks is that you can request a preferred location for your dining room table. We are going on the Jewel of the Seas on 1/3 and are hoping to request a large table away from the waiter stations (to be more quiet) but I can't find anything on the internet with a layout of the dining room with the table numbers.

Congrats on making D+ :D

I could be wrong, but on most of my cruises the table numbers were on little tags on the tables when we boarded and all I did was ask a crew member in the dining room to point me in the right direction.

Have never had a problem with finding people in there, and no problem finding the table. But your idea is a good one! :)

We are boarding the Jewel when you return! :) Really looking forward to it. :)

You can email your table request to RCLDining@rccl.com. Include the ship, sailing date and reservation number.

Email them last week and a couple of days later, I got an acknowledgement that the email had been forwarded. All I got to see was that they forwarded the email to "JW Dining Onshore"

JW must refer to Jewel but I wonder why Onshore?

Edited by JohnKen3

Email them last week and a couple of days later, I got an acknowledgement that the email had been forwarded. All I got to see was that they forwarded the email to "JW Dining Onshore"

JW must refer to Jewel but I wonder why Onshore?

They email the request to the ship and then wait to get confirmation. Not sure how far away your sail date is but table assignments usually aren't confirmed until a couple of weeks before sail date.

It is "onshore" because shoreside workers handle all requests. Then, two days before the sailing, the manifest is sent to the ship and everything is confirmed. You can *sometimes* get confirmation ahead of time but it takes pretty extraordinary circumstances to bother the dining team onboard before your sailing. After all, their job is to assist those onboard. That is why there is a shoreside team.

It is "onshore" because shoreside workers handle all requests. Then, two days before the sailing, the manifest is sent to the ship and everything is confirmed. You can *sometimes* get confirmation ahead of time but it takes pretty extraordinary circumstances to bother the dining team onboard before your sailing. After all, their job is to assist those onboard. That is why there is a shoreside team.

Well, actually I have had my table numbers confirmed in advance several times. As Kewlguy recommends send in the request to the dining staff, BUT add to the request that you would like the table number confirmed as well as the location and size.

I had mine confirmed in September before we got on the Rhapsody because I had requested not to be seated on the bench seats for a table for two. I had the actual table number given to me in the return email.

Unfortunately, Dining Room layouts are not available on-line to the public. The only time I ever saw one was when I was planning a cruise for 1,200 people on the Monarch in 1992 and RCL Group Dept. faxed a diagram to me so I could assign our guests tables.

I read this thread and immediately sent a request to the email provided above requesting a table for 10 or more for my family of four on the 12/19/10 freedom cruise. Email sent 6:33 AM, response received saying we are confirmed at a table for 10 at 6:37 Am- now thats service :)

Each ship has a Restaurant Operations Coordinator who is now in charge of table assignments. This position has been in place on most ships for the last two years. Requests may go to the shoreside team, but the ship starts to work on dining room assignments 2 weeks prior to any cruise.

• 5 years later...

I sent an email to them on Friday requesting a table for 2 near the window for our Enchantment cruise on the 29th. Yesterday I got the response that it had been forwarded. This morning I got the reply that we were granted a table for 2 by the window and even have our table number.

So happy!!! I never knew about this before this cruise. Not sure how I missed that info. LOL :D

Holly

I sent an email to them on Friday requesting a table for 2 near the window for our Enchantment cruise on the 29th. Yesterday I got the response that it had been forwarded. This morning I got the reply that we were granted a table for 2 by the window and even have our table number.

So happy!!! I never knew about this before this cruise. Not sure how I missed that info. LOL :D

Holly

Wow! Six year old post. Did not even recognize my post on this thread! ;)

Congrats on getting your table choice. :)

BTW: Dining near the window this time of the year might have you disappointed, as the only thing you might see is your own reflection. It is dark here by 5:30. :(

Hello,

knowing the number ahead of time may not help. Jewel was the one ship that stopped my tradition of walking through the dining room after boarding and checking out our table location. When we boarded Jewel last May, we found our table. That night we walked to it to find a different table and table number there. Our cruise had a higher number of wheel chair guests than the week before so around noon on embarkation day they moved the tables around to create a couple of more accessible locations for people to roll into.

Hello,

table numbers and configurations change every cruise, and even every seating for Traditional dining.

hell one cruise the table number stayed the same but the LOCATION varied wildly each night. we started off directly in front of a window. by the time the cruise was over we ended up by a station.

knowing the number ahead of time may not help. Jewel was the one ship that stopped my tradition of walking through the dining room after boarding and checking out our table location. When we boarded Jewel last May, we found our table. That night we walked to it to find a different table and table number there. Our cruise had a higher number of wheel chair guests than the week before so around noon on embarkation day they moved the tables around to create a couple of more accessible locations for people to roll into.

table numbers and configurations change every cruise, and even every seating for Traditional dining.

hell one cruise the table number stayed the same but the LOCATION varied wildly each night. we started off directly in front of a window. by the time the cruise was over we ended up by a station.

Psst, check the posting date on the post you replied to. I suspect the ship has sailed, so to speak. :p

Hello,

We are D+ and have just had an email to confirm our table number. Having been on the Adventure before we asked for a specific table giving the number.

The table numbers have changed but we have still got a table for two.

Hope you get what you want.

We are D+ and have just had an email to confirm our table number. Having been on the Adventure before we asked for a specific table giving the number.

The table numbers have changed but we have still got a table for two.

Hope you get what you want.

At the risk of repeating myself...

Psst, check the posting date on the post you replied to. I suspect the ship has sailed, so to speak. :p

I know the op has sailed but just to continue general info on dining:

We just sailed the Anthem and were looking for a table for 2 (no bench seating) and saw that most tables for 2 by the windows were so close to each other that it looked like seating for 4 or 6. Really close.

I know the op has sailed but just to continue general info on dining:

We just sailed the Anthem and were looking for a table for 2 (no bench seating) and saw that most tables for 2 by the windows were so close to each other that it looked like seating for 4 or 6. Really close.

Wow, I am now wondering if the tables for 2 by the windows on Enchantment are the same way. Does anyone know? I would rather be in the middle of the room than 6 inches from another table.

Anthem is a different animal thanks to dynamic dining. Based on my Quantum experience tables aren't assigned until you arrive at the restaurant. If you don't like your table just ask for a different one.

On all other ships with traditional dining dw and I always request a table for 2 but stop by mdr shortly after boarding to verify table size and location. If we're not happy there's always a maitre d' on duty available to change table assignments. Just look for the long line.