Transportation in Honolulu

dleighb

We are not renting a car for our pre-days in Honolulu. There is only one night that I see us having a problem. It is the night of our anniversary which tradition has it that we always eat at a French restaurant. After much research, I settled on the semi-expensive restaurant with the good food reviews as opposed the expensive restaurants with good views and mediocre food. Sadly, it is bit away from our hotel. I have looked up the bus schedule on the Internet and printed it out. How safe and reliable is the Bus in Honolulu? Is it going to be scary taking it after dark? Anyone know?

The Bus is safe and reliable, and the best way to get around Oahu in my opinion. I have been to Hawaii several times. I am a solo female traveller, and have never had a single problem. The buses are clean, the drivers extremely helpful. One thing to consider - take a wrap with you, the air conditioning can be pretty efficient:D

Have a great time:)

The Bus is safe and reliable, and the best way to get around Oahu in my opinion. I have been to Hawaii several times. I am a solo female traveller, and have never had a single problem. The buses are clean, the drivers extremely helpful. One thing to consider - take a wrap with you, the air conditioning can be pretty efficient:D

Have a great time:)

You can pretty much set your watch by them. Tremondously reliable. The Bus gets our vote as well.

Since it is a semi-expensive restaurant and an anniversary, I would say splurge on a cab - it can't be that expensive! :)

While I agree with the posts praising the bus system in Honolulu , who wants to take the bus on their anniversary. :confused: Sounds like my husband a real romantic. :D

Lol!! Actually, it is me who is looking into the bus. My husband would say take the cab or whatever I think is best. But I am becoming more and more frugal as this trip progresses, and I keep shelling out money! I start to cry when I look at our budget.

My current thought is to take The Bus to the restaurant and get the local flavor of the transportation system and then maybe take a cab home since we're likely to be exhausted after a full day at Pearl Harbor (with my parents) and then dinner (not with my parents!).

Archived