Rendevous - Day Pass

Quinn

I inquired about the day pass - they quickly replied $140 each - help me out here. Thanks

$140??? :eek::eek:

I was quoted $40 for a morning pass and $50 for a half day pass. I'd love to make reservations but they are absolutely terrible with replying to emails so I may just find something else to do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was just at the Rendezvouse this past Tuesday, it is $50.00 per person for the day pass we went from 10 - 4 pm. The food was fantastic as were the drinks, we had 21 varying from beer, pinan coladas, mud slides &hummingbirds which were great & all the drinks were frozen no ice cubes. It was so nice we cant wait to go back. It is quiet, but sometimes thats what you need

The day passes are per person, so it doesn't matter what your relationship status is, it just means there are no children running around. Once the taxi pulled up, it was a short walk to the concierge where you pay your $50.00, and then a short walk to the beach. We just found the first available hut with 2 lounge chairs & decided to get our fill of beach for a few hours. The beach is kind of split a little bit by a section of rocks, to the right there seems to be no waves at all, to the left minimal waves, just depends where you pull up a chair, then a very small walk to the pool, with other lounge chairs. NO need to worry about lockers for your stuff, just leave on the lounge chairs you can see everything from where you are at, we never worried at all. The dining area is right by the pool with wonderful food & the chocolate pudding they called it is really more like the chocolate lava cakes that have been out for a few years, just gooey & delicious, my favorite part of the entire meal. I'm hoping that one of the next cruises I go on has a stop in St Lucia, because I will be headed back there. Take advantage of the free drinks, especially if there is a drink you have wanted to try but dont want to spend the money only to find out you dont like it. Anything else let me know.

Thanks for info.Just be clear,I realize charge is per person,but does that necessarily mean singles are allowed. You mention "lounge chairs" so I assume you were not alone. Did you notice any singles? I get the "no kids" thing,but resorts can be adult only and still have that. I think couples sometimes want places that aren't singles party "pick up" resorts,if you know what I mean,and that is why they keep their policy. I don't know why a bunch of single day trippers would be any more desireable to them than having them as hotel guests. Not trying to dispute what you say--just mean that I wouldn't assume by pricing policy that singles are welcome. I would hate to go there to be turned away. Guess i could just call and ask them,huh?? LOL! DUH! Thanks again!;)

• 2 weeks later...
Could someone tell me... For the $50/pp what's in included?

This is from the email I received directly from the Rendezvous a few weeks ago:

Half day pass (Morning) Includes only, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 8:00am to 12 noon. Cost US$40.00

Half day pass (afternoon) Includes Lunch, Afternoon tea, Drinks and use of resort facilities from 12 noon to 6:00pm. Cost US$50.00

Passes Excludes use of scuba facilities and motorized water sports, also attached is a copy of our spa treatment options for your consideration while at the hotel.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us?

Please be advised that reservation are needed for final confirmation.

Thanks for info.Just be clear,I realize charge is per person,but does that necessarily mean singles are allowed. You mention "lounge chairs" so I assume you were not alone. Did you notice any singles? I get the "no kids" thing,but resorts can be adult only and still have that. I think couples sometimes want places that aren't singles party "pick up" resorts,if you know what I mean,and that is why they keep their policy. I don't know why a bunch of single day trippers would be any more desireable to them than having them as hotel guests. Not trying to dispute what you say--just mean that I wouldn't assume by pricing policy that singles are welcome. I would hate to go there to be turned away. Guess i could just call and ask them,huh?? LOL! DUH! Thanks again!;)

I believe patty cake was primarily answering my questions in posts 30 and 31 above.....but hopefully it helped you also.

Pattycake....Thanks so much for the great info. I appreciate it very mch!

Was just at the Rendezvouse this past Tuesday, it is $50.00 per person for the day pass we went from 10 - 4 pm. The food was fantastic as were the drinks, we had 21 varying from beer, pinan coladas, mud slides &hummingbirds which were great & all the drinks were frozen no ice cubes. It was so nice we cant wait to go back. It is quiet, but sometimes thats what you need

Hmmm. 21 Drinks. Is this for a couple? And if for only two one would expect that those drinks had very little alcohol. If two adults can drink 21 drinks and still walk, something is wrong with the drinks :)

Hank

So do u have to make arrangements ahead of time or "can" u just stop in the day ur there??

And... You have to specify the 10-4 day pass?? And not the morning or afternoon passes??

You definitely need to contact them ahead of time, especially if you want to arrange a special pass for 10-4. Those are most definitely arranged ahead of time and bring your written confirmation with you. You won't necessarily be turned away at the door, but you will probably be charged for both the morning and afternoon passes unless you have made arrangements ahead of time. Be sure to mention, when you contact them, that you have read reports from folks on CruiseCritc about the 10-4 pass for $50US per person.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

So do u have to make arrangements ahead of time or "can" u just stop in the day ur there??

And... You have to specify the 10-4 day pass?? And not the morning or afternoon passes??

We had to have reservations. When we checked in, they had our names on a list. We reserved the afternoon pass, which includes lunch but not breakfast.

Just got this reply from Rendezvous.......

Please we advised we can offer a pass of US$60.00 per person from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.

This would include lunch, drinks, afternoon tea.

NB: excludes use of scuba facilities and motorized water sports.

Payment can be made upon arrival at Resort.

Kindly advise.

Regards

Valencia| Reservations

Malabar Beach | Vigie | Post Office Box 190 | Castries | Saint Lucia|(:+ 1 (758) 4577918|7:+ 1 (758) 4527419 |*: Reservations@theromanticholiday.com

Please we advised we can offer a pass of US$60.00 per person from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Kindly advise.

Regards

Valencia| Reservations

Malabar Beach | Vigie | Post Office Box 190 | Castries | Saint Lucia|(:+ 1 (758) 4577918|7:+ 1 (758) 4527419 |*: Reservations@theromanticholiday.com

Yes, We received the $60 price about two weeks ago for a December request.

• 2 weeks later...

We were here last week and LOVED it. Very quiet, beautiful beach, friendly staff, drinks and lunch were very good. We are looking at going for five days next fall now. You need to email them ahead of time to make a reservation. I asked if we could modify the daypass time due to the time our ship was in port and they were very easy to work with. We got the pass for $50 for 10-3pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Kindly advise.

Regards

Valencia| Reservations

I got the same reply, we have 2 couples going and I see we are on the same cruise...

• 4 weeks later...

no snorkeling from the beach there - or pretty much anywhere in the north of the island. There is a bit of snorkeling at Pigeon Island about 30 minutes from the port or at Smuggler's Cove beach (not to be confused with Smuggler's Cove resort) which is also about 30 minutes.

No, you shouldn't have a problem getting back to the ship in 40 minutes from Rendezvous to the dock - however, every cruise we've ever been on, we are supposed to be aboard 30 minutes ahead of sail time, so you may want to check that out too.

Walking would take about 25-30 minutes, car - depending on traffic, which can be bad if there is more than one ship in port - should be about 10 minutes (figure at least a half hour or more though if there is more than one ship - one a 2 lane highway and very congested)

Archived