Liberty Penthouse Suite Upsell....Did I goof?

robtx100

One of my employees and his g/f are taking their first cruise on the Liberty. I talked him into upgrading for a little more to go from an oceanview on deck 2 to an Aft Balcony on deck 6 leaving this Saturday. A few days later he recieved a call for an upsell for $700 to go to the Penthouse Suite. I assumed it was the old Category 12 and told him to keep the aft balcony. Then I go to the website today.

In the stateroom section, the Penthouse Suite is listed as the Old Category 12.

In the Deck Plans section, they have 2 Captains Suite listed on Deck 9 forward.

If you click on those Captain Suites, the description states Penthouse Suite.

For $700 more than he paid, the Captain Suite/Penthouse suite would have been a good deal, but aft to old category 12 would not have been a good deal.

Regardless, this is their first cruise and they are both very excited. I wish I could be there to see the look on their faces when they first see the ship. I just hope I didn't talk him out of the Captain suite if that is what was being offered.

One of my employees and his g/f are taking their first cruise on the Liberty. I talked him into upgrading for a little more to go from an oceanview on deck 2 to an Aft Balcony on deck 6 leaving this Saturday. A few days later he recieved a call for an upsell for $700 to go to the Penthouse Suite. I assumed it was the old Category 12 and told him to keep the aft balcony. Then I go to the website today.

In the stateroom section, the Penthouse Suite is listed as the Old Category 12.

In the Deck Plans section, they have 2 Captains Suite listed on Deck 9 forward.

If you click on those Captain Suites, the description states Penthouse Suite.

For $700 more than he paid, the Captain Suite/Penthouse suite would have been a good deal, but aft to old category 12 would not have been a good deal.

Regardless, this is their first cruise and they are both very excited. I wish I could be there to see the look on their faces when they first see the ship. I just hope I didn't talk him out of the Captain suite if that is what was being offered.

Actually both the Captains Suites and the old Category 12s (Grand suites) are called Penthouse suites. If you click on one of the Grand suites on the deck plans, it says Penthouse suite. Clicking on the Captains Suites, it says "Deluxe Penthouse Suite". So if that "Deluxe" wasn't a part of it, it probably was the old category 12s. But if there's any way you can find out and possibly still get it if it were the Captains Suite, go for it. Those rooms and balconies look amazing!!!

I would be very surprised if it was the Captain's Suite for $700 more total than what he paid - $700 per day more, maybe.

I agree. If it was true (for the Captain's suite) it was a steal!

What do you think is the problem if it was an old Cat 12? I was in one once and loved the separate seating area with the sectional sofa. Or did you just think that the Cat 12 was worth the $700 upsell price.

What do you think is the problem if it was an old Cat 12? I was in one once and loved the separate seating area with the sectional sofa. Or did you just think that the Cat 12 was worth the $700 upsell price.

I tends to meander my thoughts about suites....depending on how long since I last have cruised. We have done every type of cabin (except inside) and have enjoyed them all. Cat 12's are really spacious and have many amenities that some here would say are not worth the money. We travel in groups so the use of the cabin for a couple of cocktail parties made it worth it for us. We will be staying in the Captain's suite this coming April. I am still in sticker shock and will let everyone know if I thought it was worth it after we come back.

Bottom line, the only thing that matters is what you think!

I tends to meander my thoughts about suites....depending on how long since I last have cruised. We have done every type of cabin (except inside) and have enjoyed them all. Cat 12's are really spacious and have many amenities that some here would say are not worth the money. We travel in groups so the use of the cabin for a couple of cocktail parties made it worth it for us. We will be staying in the Captain's suite this coming April. I am still in sticker shock and will let everyone know if I thought it was worth it after we come back.

Bottom line, the only thing that matters is what you think!

I agree I should have posted with my other post... that the only way I would pay that much for a suite upgrade if it was on a Spirit class and the aft wrap :)

I agree I should have posted with my other post... that the only way I would pay that much for a suite upgrade if it was on a Spirit class and the aft wrap :)

While we have not stayed in the aft wrap suites on the Spirit class, other we have sailed with did. When I went into their cabin I fell in love (love the Spirit class as well). We were in our first aft wrap on the Dream this past August (6492). I really really enjoyed the balcony.

While we have not stayed in the aft wrap suites on the Spirit class, other we have sailed with did. When I went into their cabin I fell in love (love the Spirit class as well). We were in our first aft wrap on the Dream this past August (6492). I really really enjoyed the balcony.

You cant compare the suite wraps on the Spirit class to the aft wraps on any other ship... try one you will know:p

You cant compare the suite wraps on the Spirit class to the aft wraps on any other ship... try one you will know:p

You are right....and we will try one. We were sitting out on the balcony on the Dream and the wife said... imagine if the cabin was like the one we saw on the Spirit.

You are right....and we will try one. We were sitting out on the balcony on the Dream and the wife said... imagine if the cabin was like the one we saw on the Spirit.

Well I hope you do get to experience those cabins and balcony.. you will more than enjoy it :) Go deck 4 tho if you can.. you get coverage and some sun... it is AWESOME :D

For seven smacks you could have booked another cruise, even if it was only a five day .

Prolly for reg suite... way too much money to pay for a tub and if it is the old cat 12 a bidet.. if they still have them.. but hey maybe they want the bidet LOL:D:p

Prolly for reg suite... way too much money to pay for a tub and if it is the old cat 12 a bidet.. if they still have them.. but hey maybe they want the bidet LOL:D:p

LoL, he's from out in the country in Texas. He wouldn't know a bidet from a buffet. I spoke to him this evening. They made it to FLL and are both very excited.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think they will be very happy with the aft.

Archived