If you have sailed on Azamara...

cruzemaven

Why not just accept that there are options and one can choose whichever one prefers without offending proponents of the competition?

I agree!!!

There is no right or wrong choice

Pick the line that suits your needs & wants

Lyn

I think some posters view their choice of a cruise line as a validation of their own judgement and taste and to criticize the line is to criticize the poster personally. But a cruise line is simply a commercial enterprise and, like a brick, it doesn't love you back.

I'm always amazed that people seem to take "sides" when discussing one cruise line over another, as if it were a personal affront that someone would prefer a different line. Why not just accept that there are options and one can choose whichever one prefers without offending proponents of the competition?

Of course, you are correct in principle. But sometimes, like in this case, the OP is trying to compare the 2 lines and trying to figure out if it is worth paying all that extra money for one cruise lines vs the other for the same/similar itinerary. Everyone (myself included) is putting in their 2 cents' worth to help (or confuse) the OP :D

Of course, you are correct in principle. But sometimes, like in this case, the OP is trying to compare the 2 lines and trying to figure out if it is worth paying all that extra money for one cruise lines vs the other for the same/similar itinerary. Everyone (myself included) is putting in their 2 cents' worth to help (or confuse) the OP :D

Surely the principle of cruise critic is to respond to people's queries and requests to enable them to make informed decisions. I completely accept that my taste in food may be different to others - life would be very boring if we all had the same tastes and preferences. It strikes me that Cruise lines are a bit like cars, I love my MG and won't have a word said against it. My husband loves his Jaguar. Big difference in price and a big difference in comfort - not so much in performance!!! (Joke) - but both please us! Happy decision making - and more importantly just enjoy what you choose!!

Paul,

I wasn't referring to the OP's query which was perfectly valid. It seems thought that some responses are so partisan that it becomes annoying. It is, after all, just a cruise line. WE don't need to run down the other lines in order to compare.

I've had it with teensy-weensy bathrooms where the shower curtain (ick!) sticks to my derriere and I barely fit in the bathroom, period! And this was in my...um...younger days when I was somewhat teensy-weensy myself (still small now, just not a size 2 anymore).

That said, I've heard from some AZ cruisers - and also read on blogs and boards - that AZ ships sport tiny bathrooms WITH the dreaded SHOWER CURTAINS!!! AAAHHHHHH!!!

Silly, I know, but our next cruise is on Marina (thank you, God) with its glass-door showers AND bathtubs. And it will be our intro to upscale cruising (on a brand new ship yet). Am I a spoiled and blessed woman? Yes to the latter.

I have also heard/read that the condition of the AZ ships does not come close to O and looks somewhat tired and worn. Cannot personally attest to that, so I'll check it out. Don't need free alcohol, so that's no magnet that would draw us to AZ. OBC's from our TA cover gratuities, so that doesn't matter. What DOES matter is, at these prices, I have to feel confident that the line will not disappoint. So, it's O for me.

During the course of our life together, Hubby and I have cruised 12+ times on many lines, mostly of the mass market variety, but also on Windstar and Seaborn. He became seriously ill on Day 2 of the SB trip and we had to leave, pronto; therefore, I don't count that as our first, big, luxe cruise. This one will be! That's also why I'll stick with our choice.

Soooo, see you on the Marina, hopefully more than once, 'cause we're never going back to the 3,000+ passenger lines and their bathrooms!!! LOL

BTW, you'll recognize me: I'll be the woman dancing in the hallways and singing "If My Friends Could See Me Now" !

Barbara

Archived