Can you see prices of shore excursions before actually booking?

fletcher57

Hi, On Holland America's web site you can see how much shore excursions cost before you book the cruise. Is there some way of doing the same thing for Princess shore excursions? Thanks. Joyce
The answer is no. The difference between HAL and Princess is that on HAL, you actually purchase and pay for the excursion when you reserve it. On Princess, you are merely reserving and don't pay for the excursion until the end of your cruise (the tours are charged to your onboard account when you board the ship.) On HAL, once you board, you can't cancel a tour without penalty unless you book another tour. On Princess, you can cancel any tour up to 24-48 hours before arriving at the port without any penalty.

If you are interested in a particular tour, post the information on the board and someone will be sure to have the info from a previous cruise. That's no guarantee that the cost will be the same but it'll give you an idea of the cost.

Hi, On Holland America's web site you can see how much shore excursions cost before you book the cruise. Is there some way of doing the same thing for Princess shore excursions? Thanks. Joyce

Before you have your cruise actually booked, no, there is no way to see exactly what the shore excursions will cost. Sorry!

I believe you can see the price when you book through your Cruise Personalizer once the excursions on your cruise are available. At least that is how it was on our previous Princess cruises. When you just look up an excursion on the general website page there are no prices though, only a description.

I believe you can see the price when you book through your Cruise Personalizer once the excursions on your cruise are available. At least that is how it was on our previous Princess cruises. When you just look up an excursion on the general website page there are no prices though, only a description.
You have to be booked on the cruise to see in it your Cruise Personalizer and thus the excursions. :(

Before you have your cruise actually booked, no, there is no way to see exactly what the shore excursions will cost. Sorry!

I have my cruise booked and when I go on my cruise personalizer to look at excursions it says at the bottom "Unable to process now, try again later". It also says excursions are available 120 days out from the cruise. I'm 124 days out so I'm anxiously waiting to see if prices show up once I reach 120 days!

I have my cruise booked and when I go on my cruise personalizer to look at excursions it says at the bottom "Unable to process now, try again later". It also says excursions are available 120 days out from the cruise. I'm 124 days out so I'm anxiously waiting to see if prices show up once I reach 120 days!
It should say, "Up to 120 days." In reality, it can be 120 days, it could be 90 days.

We have had shore excursions available from just under 200 days prior to less than 70 days before our cruise departure date. You just have to keep checking. There are times (I have been told) when the cruise line is finalaizing contracts for some excursions, so they aren't available as early as others are. Yours could be available at any time, so it's just best to keep checking.

Another thing to consider is that I've seen prices increase before a cruise through the Cruise Personalizer & also once onboard. So if you think you'd like to take a Princess shore excursion, book it early.

Once onboard you have until about 36 hours before the tour to cancel without any penalty.

I have a 14 day Alaska cruisetour booked for July 23, 2011 and already have been able to select and confirm all of my land and cruise port excursions. And so it would appear that at least some cruises/tours allow/encourage excursion shopping far beyond the 120 days mentioned in this thread.

It turns out that the early booking is quite important in high season Alaska touring as I noted a number of Princess excursions, and/or most desirable departure times for their excursions, already showing as SOLD OUT.

you may also be able to call Princess & find out what the charge was last yr-

some on our roll call were smart enough to get the prices last yr so they have been sharing them ..

knowing ahead for our Great Britain cruise makes it easier to know what to book privately, what ports to try & save expenses with some local bus tours & which ones to use the cruise line excursions in..

You have to be booked on the cruise to see in it your Cruise Personalizer and thus the excursions. :(

That's true. I will browse the general listings before my tours are posted on my cruise personalizer to see what I can expect to be available. However, more times than not I will have independent excursions booked buy the time they are available through Princess. Occasionally a tour I want will only be available through the cruiseline, or due to time restraints/distance I will choose to book through the cruiseline. Then I have to try and wait patiently like everyone else!:eek: Once I wanted a whale watching excursion that was listed on the general descriptions. I had given up and booked something else when it did not appear at the same time as the bulk of the excursions. I was thrilled when it appeared 60 days before the cruise and I was able to switch.

Try again, I booked our Huatulco and SJDS excursions over a month ago. It might have just been glitching. I wish they would hurry up and put the Panama/Colon excursions in!

I received an e-mail from Princess last week saying that shore excursions are available to pre-reserve - and my cruise isn't until July next year.

They probably have some up now and will add more later. That is what happened to us. Once they have their contracts signed with the vendor and prices are locked into place they usually get them posted.

Archived