Watch Sales on NCL?

SAP Guru

Not if you go to reputable stores and know what you are looking for. I paid about 1/2 for a Citizen Eco Drive in St. Thomas.

PE

I bought an Eco Drive for my husband on NCL Dawn. I had priced it here and checked in some ports and did the best on the ship.

Sometimes you need to do your homework as I have also heard that for many things the you can do better in ports.

I bought an Eco Drive for my husband on NCL Dawn. I had priced it here and checked in some ports and did the best on the ship.

Sometimes you need to do your homework as I have also heard that for many things the you can do better in ports.

Trust me I did my homework, and I did much better than the ship's price. So much so, that they said there was no way they could match the price.

Glad you got the price that worked for you.

PE

I did thorough homework pre-cruise and got a slightly better deal on the Gem for citizen eco-drive. We bought one each, and I tried for additional discount on that basis.....unsuccessfully, but it was still the best deal for these particular watches.

Philip Stein watches were priced better on the ship than at the port stores (diamonds intl). The best advice is to research the price of the watch you want. I am kicking myself for not buying the two Britto prints I wanted at the park west auction at sea. They were half of what I found online when we arrived at home!

• 6 years later...

Stay away from the $10 watch sales. Those will be broken before you get off the gangway. If you want a watch, buy a name brand.

Yes, as the cruise progresses, there will be various name brand watch sales from $50 watches to $1000 watches (and more). And they will be real.

The Hours of it all - Time is Fleeting (certainly on your ship) !

Use that internety thing and log into EBAY and do a price check - I got a Citizen Eco-Drive WR200

on a Buy It Now transaction for $160 less than what was on board the NCL STAR at $450.

Suggestion do not buy on first impulse check around in advance and narrow your selection down.

Read all the previous comments posts and those after this one - caution the gift shop people are

not going to tell you exactly when they are going to have a sale if one at all - they want to grab all

the sales profit that they can. Near end of voyage sales they bring out all the cheap loss leading

time (less) pieces something on a BOGO (buy one get one for free or % off) - the expensive watches

stay expensive - they do not have open box sales and why would you want one that has been

handled by umpteen other customers !

In closing ask specific questions about the crystal (plastic) glass dial covers - they may not scratch

easily but that they can be scratched (diamond on glass) ???s about replacement warranty guarantee

and a poster early noted about service of the watch ?

There is more to TIME and timely is everything !

Really - fell into that trap !

6 years old - WOW !

Well I'll be hornswoggled !

Really should have a moderating device to lock out threads that have gone DEAD after a period of time !

Reference ONLY - no response or reply.

Start a new one with a different tangent on the old theme.

Thanks - Triptolemus - you must be the curator of threads gone by to the Great Void only to be resurrected ! LOL !