I have a terrible confession to make

Merion_Mom

How are you feeling now about the new website?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. How are you feeling now about the new website?

• Yes, I confess, too. I am completely acclimated. It's good/great/fine.
    • Well, I don't HATE it anymore, but.....
    • I still hate it.
    • What website?

DH and I hate the website. We were comparing prices and categories with the online ta site and you really have to understand this to stay on top of it. I see nothing for over 55 or military or state, so why do they ask? Prices are the same, but at least we get free gratuities with the online ta and yes, we press them to get the cabin we want (starboard, middle to aft).

I like the new, fresher look and some of the search features, but that's where it ends for me. The site is much slower and requires more steps to get to one's destination. I think Royal meant well, but they didn't think the whole thing through and got lazy in the end.

I like some things about it, like being able to select multiple ports, dates, etc.

However, it's really slow, and the drop down lists do not recognize shortcut keys. For example, for your state of residency, I used to just be able to tab to that and hit the F key for Flordia. Now, I actually have to open up the list and scroll through it. The controls, while nice looking, are not implemented well and do not use the standard shortcuts.

I spoke with an Exec at RCI today who advised me they have a critical ticket open for the website slowness. It isn't just you, it is an error in impementation.

All I can say is why did they change it? :confused: The old one was pretty easy to navigate and of course I was used to it. The new one is, well, not easy and I am not used to it. :(

Because the other website was very, very broken.

I don't hate or love it but I noticed, when checking excursions for our next cruise, my DH and I are listed as children. My travel agent said she has another customer that has the same problem.

Also a known issue according to my RCI contact. They are working on it.

i still don't like it.

Same complaints as before:

-too many clicks

-the font is too large (requires a lot of scrolling)

-i like being able to see the price for different categories without having to click on each cruise (esp helpful when trying to look at many different sailings)

-i'd still rather see a map of the itinerary than a big picture of people in a kayak with a ship in the background.

-the pictures of the cabins are misleading

-the program i use for checking price drops isn't working

ditto!!!

I don't hate or love it but I noticed, when checking excursions for our next cruise, my DH and I are listed as children. My travel agent said she has another customer that has the same problem.

Us too!

However after re-entering our names we are back to being adults!

I spoke with an Exec at RCI today who advised me they have a critical ticket open for the website slowness. It isn't just you, it is an error in impementation..

That's interesting after seeing a lot of posters say that it was lightening fast for them.

Because the other website was very, very broken..

Then why did it work so good? I got my best price drops offa that site.

Also a known issue according to my RCI contact. They are working on it.

I feel bad for those guys. They must have been eating cold pizza for days now.

That's interesting after seeing a lot of posters say that it was lightening fast for them.

Then why did it work so good? I got my best price drops offa that site.

I feel bad for those guys. They must have been eating cold pizza for days now.

It was mostly working fine for me until today. I've had it unable to load for much of the day.

Gina

I'm still having trouble getting pages to load. Maybe the Tuesday sales are using up all the bandwidth. I WAS able to log in once and find my upcoming cruise running a resident discount so I got another $240 in OBC. :D Yippee!

The only thing is...I wasn't able to recognize the rate on the page as a resident price. I checked the box to look for FL or senior pricing. The prices came up with no designation as to what they are. :eek: That is NOT good RCI. It could have been for new bookings only for all I could tell. But fortunately it wasn't.

Gina

After I book a cruise I frequently go to the RCI website as if I was booking a new cruise, without entering any personal information or completing it, to check its current price. Shortly after I did that a few years ago, a travel agent, who I was no longer using, sent me an e-mail that she is holding that reservation for me.

How did a travel agent that I worked with at one time have the ability to know what I was doing on an RCI website?

Archived