Expecting a Blizzard her in New England

crusinbanjo

'Banjo'....... the end of the week, we're supposed to have temperatures in the forties. What day are you supposed to fly?

We are in the area of Southern New England that is supposed to get 18-20" and it's making me nervous we could lose power. There will be all the necessary conditions to call this massive storm a full blown blizzard and the high winds and heavy snow surely will cause massive power outage.

Please Wish us luck........

We are With you, we Live just outside of Providence, We are scheduled to fly on Saturday. Lucky this storm hit this week, and now end of this week looks pretty good. Dodged a disaster, I hope!

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2820103118723atfDma]2113369820103118723S500x500Q85.jpg[/url]

snow outside my front door

Yep, that is what we look like here as well. We are buried and digging out this morning. Looks like the total here is about 15 inches of the white stuff. Lucky for us we did not loose Power, telephone or cable service, normally power is the first to go off and last to come back on. OK, I'm back to the tractor for more plowing!

That's about what it looks like here, too.

We got about 18" and it is still snowing but not as heavily.

Our 'plow guy' came at 5 A.M. and DH is off to his office. He just left and I'll be nervous until he calls to say he got there safely.

We can't open our back door but are so grateful we didn't lose power.

Best wishes to everyone who is digging out.

What a mess. :eek: It's winter; it snows here. I get that. Doesn't make me like it any better, though. I can stand the cold---like it, even! But I am so afraid to walk outside in the ice and snow. And since I can't shovel out, I depend on the kindness of neighbors.

I'm warm and safe in my little house, though. And there's milk and bread, even have meat for a change!

This, too, shall pass.

I'm with you, Ruth. I'm afraid to walk outside in the ice and snow. We've been plowed out now and I have a path through those snow drifts outside my door. We didn't get 18 inches, it's just that it drifted and wound up trapping us in the house. But for now, until the plow guy comes back with salt, I'm not going anywhere. Just took out my cruise packing list and will start going over it. Something good to do in this mess.

What a mess. :eek: It's winter; it snows here. I get that. Doesn't make me like it any better, though. I can stand the cold---like it, even! But I am so afraid to walk outside in the ice and snow. And since I can't shovel out, I depend on the kindness of neighbors.

I'm warm and safe in my little house, though. And there's milk and bread, even have meat for a change!

This, too, shall pass.

And lots of chocolate I hope.

Roy

For those of you who are concerned about walking safely on snow-covered ice, or just plain ice.... have a look for Yaktrax. They are amazing. Spend the extra to get the the "pro" style, that have velcro straps to hold the things on your feet.

I could not get through a Colorado winter without my Yaktrax. Like others, I am afraid of falling, but the dogs must be walked.

Susan

For those of you who are concerned about walking safely on snow-covered ice, or just plain ice.... have a look for Yaktrax. They are amazing. Spend the extra to get the the "pro" style, that have velcro straps to hold the things on your feet.

I use them all the time...but I still find that you slip on ice.

Weather for tonight into Monday is for heavy snow, high winds and white out conditions. Boston's Logan airport mostly closed already. I sure hope this is over buy the time we are leaving for Tampa!!! Yikes, I always get nervous with winter travel.

I keep reading about flight back-ups and cancellations. I hope your flight operates on Saturday!

B

Archived