Long gown but no shoes

bluzchick

Well silly me bought this gown a year or so ago.....didn't think about shoes since I had plenty here to choose from.

Finally tried on the dress a month ago...yay it fits...BUT every heel I own is too high, as a matter of fact I need to wear flats with it and I have NONE and can't find any, been looking for a month now. (we leave in two days)

Is anyone going to be seeing my feet on formal night...do you come down stairs to the MDR??

This has me sooooooooo stressed and I know it shouldn't. I have never had a long gown too short with a small heel!

First...no one will be looking, and if they do, they don't care---they don't know you!

Is there anyway to let the hem down, so you can wear a heel? Heels do look better as "formal wear"!

Those "kitten heels" are quite popular this year, too...you might want to try a pair of them!

Good luck. Just know that you shoe is not going to matter...just have fun!

Hem is very small so letting it down wouldn't make much difference and even the smallest heel is still too high :rolleyes: I guess I will just wear some flats, boo...i wanted high silver and sparklie!

I'm with u! I started packing my clothes for the Victory the week after you and didn't like any shoes I have....really hoping to find some in the next week or so!!!!

you know what...I will just be wearing my black reef flip flops if I have to! ;-)

Happy sailing.

If it were me, I'd probably consider hemming the dress shorter rather than wearing the wrong shoes for the dress. I wouldn't hesitate to wear flats, but if I didn't have the right ones, forget it.

Wearing the wrong shoes not only ruins the look of the whole outfit, I feel not as great when I know I'm wearing the wrong shoes. I truly believe we are all more beautiful when we feel confident in what we are wearing, regardless of what others may think.

I was at Target today and saw some black jeweled flats that might just work. They were on sale, too, if I recall. (I live in MI so I imagine the Targets in your area may also have this style...)

Whatever you wear, have a great cruise!

I went to DWW today and found the PERFECT shoes!!! They were on sale for $20. They are the ONLY thing I have bought esp for the cruise...and if you knew what a shop a holic I am, you'd fall out!

I see you have 4 days...got a DSW close?? Good luck!

I was having a VERY hard time finding my Lancome foundation and decided today to try Von Maur, found it AND when leaving the store stopped in a Bridal/Prom store and found the CUTEST jeweled silver flats..LOVE THEM! More than I wanted to pay but I think they will get used by myself and any one of our 6 girls can wear them to school dances :D

DSW had some cute ones but the closest store is in Chicago, over two hours away and hemming the dress was not an option...no time and not a seamstress:o

I am set to go....so tomorrow I better get packing since we leave in less than 31 hours!

Glade you found your shoes. I've been on a red/black kick lately and I need some cute red shoes (not too high of a heel though b/c I have lower back issues), but red is so hard to match. You either get a burgundy or that crayon red. Reds just never seem to match.

I was having a VERY hard time finding my Lancome foundation and decided today to try Von Maur, found it AND when leaving the store stopped in a Bridal/Prom store and found the CUTEST jeweled silver flats..LOVE THEM! More than I wanted to pay but I think they will get used by myself and any one of our 6 girls can wear them to school dances :D

DSW had some cute ones but the closest store is in Chicago, over two hours away and hemming the dress was not an option...no time and not a seamstress:o

I am set to go....so tomorrow I better get packing since we leave in less than 31 hours!

Glad you found your shoes!! Doesn't it feel good? Today I found my perfect NYE blouse...and now I'm just 10 days away from my cruise!

I hope you have a wonderful time! Be sure to post pics when you get back!!

Archived