I just turned down the upgrade Fairy!

SuiteRose

:( :(:( Well, I am really sad to say that I got a call from the upgrade fairy offering me an Owner's Suite for only $760 and turned it down!! We are sailing with family members who's cabins are all very close to ours and some adjoining... so while it broke my heart, I had to turn it down...

We are in an aft penthouse so I am sure I'll love my room... but will probably keep thinking that I turned down an owner's suite! Please tell me I am not crazy! :(:(

Well, I am really sad to say that I got a call from the upgrade fairy offering me an Owner's Suite for only $760 and turned it down!! We are sailing with family members who's cabins are all very close to ours and some adjoining... so while it broke my heart, I had to turn it down...

We are in an aft penthouse so I am sure I'll love my room... but will probably keep thinking that I turned down an owner's suite! Please tell me I am not crazy! :(:(

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh well, you gots to do what you gots to do. Enjoy your cruise!!!

:( :(:( Well, I am really sad to say that I got a call from the upgrade fairy offering me an Owner's Suite for only $760 and turned it down!! We are sailing with family members who's cabins are all very close to ours and some adjoining... so while it broke my heart, I had to turn it down...

YOUR CRAZY...but in a good way. I commend you and appreciate your consideration for the "family" aspect of your trip. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, you put the needs of your family befor your own. Sometimes an upgrade isn't all thats important, especially when the most important thing is right beside you- family. :D

YOUR CRAZY...but in a good way. I commend you and appreciate your consideration for the "family" aspect of your trip. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, you put the needs of your family befor your own. Sometimes an upgrade isn't all thats important, especially when the most important thing is right beside you- family. :D

Thanks, it's my brother's first cruise and we specifically planned our rooms that way... we would be way up front and him way in the back... and probably on different floors.... I do feel better! Thanks!

Thanks, it's my brother's first cruise and we specifically planned our rooms that way... we would be way up front and him way in the back... and probably on different floors.... I do feel better! Thanks!

Y'all should get a couples massage instead, won't cost more than $250, then save the rest for another cruise! It will be just as luxurious.

You mentioned you had aft penthouse - assume that is the one room suite, not the 2 BR one that some people call penthouse.

In any event, difference to the Owners Suite is not that big in my mind. Some booze and access to courtyard - which of course others could not use is it. And a bigger room of course.

You mentioned you had aft penthouse - assume that is the one room suite, not the 2 BR one that some people call penthouse.

In any event, difference to the Owners Suite is not that big in my mind. Some booze and access to courtyard - which of course others could not use is it. And a bigger room of course.[/quote

We are in an AE penthouse on deck 9... so I already have most of the suite perks, it's just the room size, booze and courtyard access. I already paid for a bar set up so we don't need more and since we have a big group we'd never be in the courtyard anyway... I really wanted the aft view so maybe I made the right call... :):)

Smart move. You were considerate of your family members and will still have an awesome room and an awesome time. Use that money for a spa pass and some nice things from the jewelry store that you'll enjoy for a lot longer than a week. :)

That wasn't the upgrade fairy, that was his dirty cousin the upsell fairy!

Yea, I realized my mistake after I already named the thread!! We actually got visited by the upgrade fairy last time from a mini-suite to an AC which was a surprise... (just got an email with a new reservation no permission given)... I am actually happy that it was the "upsell" fairy so that I could respectfully decline intead of calling and trying to get my old room back!... I know I made the right choice but would have loved that room...:o:o

You are still living the "suite life"... go and enjoy your family...

And imagine, you turned down the OS and that entitled someone else to have a wonderful upsell and experience the OS. You can smile at that.

Have a great cruise!

You made careful arrangements to have family near each other on the ship, and you put family first. That's a great thing, and you shouldn't feel bad about it.

The AE is a great suite; lots of room for two people. PLUS, you will have an aft balcony, OUT OF THE WIND, in the winter. You will get to enjoy sitting out there long before anyone else who isn't facing aft will enjoy their balconies.

Think of it as a win-win. Happy New Year, and have a great cruise!

You aren't crazy. We have turned down the fairy as well. You'll need that $760 next year for your next cruise!

what do you think our chances are for a family of 4. We are in a mini-suite now and it seems to me that the passengers that are traveling in Pairs(2) are more likely to be offered an upsell.... what are your thoughts??

thanks Lisa

Dawn--Bermuda 7/29/11;)

Overall, the chances for ANYONE are low. There are only a handful of suites on the ship and most are booked anyways.

You would NOT get an offer for the AD/AE or Owners suite as they only sleep two people. On the other hand, on the Jewel class ships, the 2 BR suite is wonderful and perfect for a family with two kids.

We were on the Dawn last Feb in an AE and I really struggled with what my response would be if we got "the call" for an owners suite. We love the aft, we definitely used our balcony a lot more than we ever could have on the front of the ship. We never got a call so I didn't have to worry about it. When you are with a group it is really nice to have your rooms nearby. Have a great trip.

We were on the Dawn last Feb in an AE and I really struggled with what my response would be if we got "the call" for an owners suite. We love the aft, we definitely used our balcony a lot more than we ever could have on the front of the ship. We never got a call so I didn't have to worry about it. When you are with a group it is really nice to have your rooms nearby. Have a great trip.

Our last cruise we were in an AC and while the room was really nice we really didn't use the balcony. That is why I booked the AE, loving the idea of the aft balcony... I had wondered if we would get "the call" and what I would say... it was such a good deal!! Thanks

Archived