odyssey vibration

edwardw

Did the odyssey crossing and arrived in lauderdale on december 19th.

The food was excellent and hot when served. The ship experienced a large amount of vibration during the whole cruise.If you went into the observation lounge your teeth would shake.Most of the cruise was done at 17knts. When the ship slowed to 15knts it was not as noticeable I had thought this was supposed to be corrected in the last dry dock.

We,also, were on the Odyssey Crossing and did indeed experience a significant vibration most noticeably at "flank" speed on the upper decks. At lower speeds the vibration was barely present. This was our first time on one of the "big" ships and many good things can be said about the crusing experience( food, space,service etc. were on a high level).

I find Odyssey's vibration issues very curious particularly since its recent dry dock focused on this issue. During the dry dock new propellers and additional shaft stabilizers were installed. Yet the vibration continues at top cruising speed???

Does the Sojourn suffer from the same issue? Almost sounds like a design issue that I hope is resolved with the Quest.

We were on Sojourn's second cruise and noticed no vibration. Regent Voyager of the Seas had pretty awful vibration (we were on one of her trials pre her first cruise) and also since, and I think she still has it. As well as pod problems.

Currently on the Odyssey. We are towards the front of the ship and there is a constant vibration at cruising speed.

Previous Seabourn cruise was on the maiden voyage of the Sojourn and it certainly had none of the vibration that we are now experiencing.

We hope maybe to make another crossing in March. But we know of some couples that had to be moved out of there cabins on the I think the 8th deck forward. The capt. told us they fixed the rotations of the props to better maneuver never the vibration part. I would think they would have tank tests before going into construction. The stern of the ship during breakfast had some heavy vibration as well. But lots of ships have that for of the water is rough the props tip out of the water. This ship I don't believe can do that.

Let me get this straight. Carnival, the corporate parent of SB, has over 50 ships sailing and has a cadre of naval architects and engineers on staff. Yet they can't solve the vibration issues even after an extensive dry dock. What am I missing??? Will Quest have the same malady?

Archived