Crown & Anchor Society level changes

I thought you posted this Gina? :D:):D

It sure wasn't me. I don't take notes....never have. :eek: I remember what I can and I do remember that I was told less than a month ago that the CL will be in Hollywood Odyssey and Juan Diego plans to be around some for the dry dock so he has input over where his desk will be.

All Capt. Claus told me in a very secretive way is that if I haven't booked RD yet after the drydock, I should. It will be very special. Well, I didn't consider my Australia bookings to be "after" drydock. That is too far away. So I booked her for Sept. :D

Gina

It sure wasn't me. I don't take notes....never have. :eek: I remember what I can and I do remember that I was told less than a month ago that the CL will be in Hollywood Odyssey and Juan Diego plans to be around some for the dry dock so he has input over where his desk will be.

All Capt. Claus told me in a very secretive way is that if I haven't booked RD yet after the drydock, I should. It will be very special. Well, I didn't consider my Australia bookings to be "after" drydock. That is too far away. So I booked her for Sept. :D

Gina

I googled it, it is in the Radiance thread but originated in the Diamonds thread.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048&page=180

I googled it, it is in the Radiance thread but originated in the Diamonds thread.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048&page=180

All that link gives me is a thread, not a specific post. I have my page set so the newest post is on top so I still don't see when that info was posted. But unless Capt. Claus has come back, that has to be old info. Is Capt. Claus back on board?

Gina

Thanks mem, it was cruisenfever. :) It would be nice if Merion Mom quoted souces in the footnotes. :D

I ran a search for "park cafe" on that thread and found the post. Nov. 13 - nearly 2 months old and the drydock hasn't even started. Of course there may be even more changes by the time it happens. The last I heard - a month after that post - is that it was still not exactly decided where the diamond lounge will be located.

I DID hear the CL will become a family suite of some sort and Breakers dining room will be OV staterooms - some people rumor them to be single staterooms but that is not confirmed. It is thought to be 5 or 6 staterooms though.

What I plan to find out is if the shower curtains will be replaced with doors. Now that would be a major improvement. Talk about water leaks. :rolleyes: How many people flood out their own room? :eek:

Gina

Doors would be wonderful! :D Unless you are planning an Alaska cruise on Radiance....we will probably have to wait and hear after drydock. :D:):D Ooops sorry. O/T....we can't wait until January 12th and a possible announcement about new C&A changes.:o

Wow............sounds good to me.......:D

Sounds good except for Samba Grill. On the Allure my son and I decided to give Samba Grill a try and it was a HUGE disappointment. Service was the worst I have ever gotten in all on my cruises.:(:mad: The food was only OK and the light may as well been a hunk of plastic as the servers have not gotten the hang of the point of the light.:rolleyes: Several tables walked out due to the poor service. The staff need more training in the concept of this restaurant, food selection and quality needs work, and service needs to be improved if it is to be successful.

We spoke to more than a dozen people including a few that were in the restaurant that night and not one person we met were happy with the experience. The couple at the table across from us had a small competition going to see how long it would take for the new meat selections to come around. They had wanted to go to Chops but couldn't get in as it was fully booked for the week. Lucky for them I know the Chops manager and told them to tell me the night and time they wanted and they were as good as in. Saw them later in the week and they were very happy with me and loved the Chops experience.:) They said the only good thing about the bad Samba Grill experience was that they met me. Such nice people.:)

Hopefully once they gain more experience the Samba Grill will improve.

Doors would be wonderful! :D Unless you are planning an Alaska cruise on Radiance....we will probably have to wait and hear after drydock. :):D

I'll be on board in 9 days. :) Maybe this time I SHOULD take notes. :o

I have 30 more days on board RD planned prior to drydock. Only 5 in a suite. Does that mean 35 days at sea. LOL They ARE all after January 12, when the changes go into effect. (haha - like I believe any of it anymore) :rolleyes:

Gina

Sounds good except for Samba Grill. On the Allure my son and I decided to give Samba Grill a try and it was a HUGE disappointment. Service was the worst I have ever gotten in all on my cruises.:(:mad: The food was only OK and the light may as well been a hunk of plastic as the servers have not gotten the hang of the point of the light.:rolleyes: Several tables walked out due to the poor service. The staff need more training in the concept of this restaurant, food selection and quality needs work, and service needs to be improved if it is to be successful.

We spoke to more than a dozen people including a few that were in the restaurant that night and not one person we met were happy with the experience. The couple at the table across from us had a small competition going to see how long it would take for the new meat selections to come around. They had wanted to go to Chops but couldn't get in as it was fully booked for the week. Lucky for them I know the Chops manager and told them to tell me the night and time they wanted and they were as good as in. Saw them later in the week and they were very happy with me and loved the Chops experience.:) They said the only good thing about the bad Samba Grill experience was that they met me. Such nice people.:)

Hopefully once they gain more experience the Samba Grill will improve.

What is the Samba grill? I have no clue.

We've tried Brazilian-style in Vegas and Niagara Falls - it's interesting ....once or twice. The meat is served tableside onto your plate sliced by the wait staff from very large, long skewers. I assume the "light system" means you need more food. Different places use different ideas to alert staff for more food.

To me, it was a novelty. Slow service, warmish meat....try it once for the experience then go to Chops the next night to dine.

We've tried Brazilian-style in Vegas and Niagara Falls - it's interesting ....once or twice. The meat is served tableside onto your plate sliced by the wait staff from very large, long skewers. I assume the "light system" means you need more food. Different places use different ideas to alert staff for more food.

To me, it was a novelty. Slow service, warmish meat....try it once for the experience then go to Chops the next night to dine.

LOL.........interesting, but I think I'd skip it all together and just go to Chops........LOL:)

Well, that's all interesting because I was told by the concierge and the hotel director that Hollywood Odyssey will be the new Concierge Lounge. I was told this after the time that Capt. Claus got off. Then there was another captain and he got off. Capt. Sindre was there when I got my information. When was this information posted?

The Diamond Lounge is to be in another area of Starquest (VCL).

Gina

There was ongoing discussion of this on that thread...........I didn't read through the whole thing to get the most recent, agreed-upon news. I just wanted to show beachbuddy that there WILL BE a Diamond Lounge on RD. I don't care WHERE on Deck 13 it is, and I doubt that she cares, either. :rolleyes:

Thanks mem, it was cruisenfever. :) It would be nice if Merion Mom quoted souces in the footnotes. :D

Yes, I am truly and seriously deficient.

Silly me thinking that I am doing 99% of everybody else's work, so they can do the last 1%. :rolleyes:

I was checking RCCL's travel agent site and see that there will be a webinar on Jan 12th entitled "It Just Keeps Getting Better" talking about "great new enhancements that are going to WOW you away." It also talks about making something new of something old.

not sure if this is about C&A or not. I changed my plans to be able to do the webinar!!!

Yes, I am truly and seriously deficient.

Silly me thinking that I am doing 99% of everybody else's work, so they can do the last 1%. :rolleyes:

You know what? :rolleyes: I feel the same way....but I do try to credit the poster that I am quoting or copying/pasting from. It does make it easier to read for context. Thanks though. :D:):D

I was checking RCCL's travel agent site and see that there will be a webinar on Jan 12th entitled "It Just Keeps Getting Better" talking about "great new enhancements that are going to WOW you away." It also talks about making something new of something old.

not sure if this is about C&A or not. I changed my plans to be able to do the webinar!!!

Thanks for that info. :)

Gina

Tim McGraw - "I'm Amazed By You" Lyrics

I Dunno How You Do What You Do

I'm So In Love With You

It Just Keeps Getting Better

I Wanna Spend The Rest Of My life

With You By My Side

For Ever and Ever

Every Little Thing That You Do

Baby I'm Amazed By You

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Seems that these lyrics reflect how RCCL's marketing wants us to feel. Nothing wrong with that, I guess.

Archived