Crown & Anchor Society level changes

Gosh I HOPE nothing happens at all.

A week from today I board the Jewel on a 10 night to Panama that would make me Diamond upon completion, as I am at 9 points.

Figures....boarding just 2 days after the 12th. Would be just my bad luck. sigh.... :(

Same here. I have just booked today for the Brilliance sailing 28 Feb. Also sitting on 9 credits and was hoping to be Diamond to get equiv with Celebrity for summer cruise.

Surely they should be honouring cruises booked before the announcement as you are buying into the loyalty programme product when you pay the cruise. However, if you book after the changes then fair enough.

I was told today I would be Diamond after this cruise so they are still working off the current benefits.

Guess I'll never see you onboard then :)

We are up at 5:00, asleep - early - stay on the ship on port days, loving the peace and quiet. We know exactly where to go at which times to have the most peaceful experience - and we don't have D+ access to get to the "elite" areas of the ship.

While we like people, we don't enjoy the mob scene. Since we have the ability to manipulate this to our liking without upsetting the other guests, that's what we do! :D

Guess I'll never see you onboard then :)

We are up at 5:00, asleep - early - stay on the ship on port days, loving the peace and quiet. We know exactly where to go at which times to have the most peaceful experience - and we don't have D+ access to get to the "elite" areas of the ship.

While we like people, we don't enjoy the mob scene. Since we have the ability to manipulate this to our liking without upsetting the other guests, that's what we do! :D

We have always exited the ship to spend a little time in port. That being said there are times when we only spend an hour or so on shore before heading back on board the ship. There is something to be said to having a 5 star hotel all to yourself. We have spent several afternoons camped out at the pool drinking mojitos. It's not a bad way to spend a day at all in my book.

All this talk of changes and I get C&A Member Benefits letter in the mail today explaining Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus benefits seems like a waist paper and postage if everything is going to change next week.

Gary

All this talk of changes and I get C&A Member Benefits letter in the mail today explaining Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus benefits seems like a waist paper and postage if everything is going to change next week.

Gary

Me too. Just got one yesterday thanking us for our Liberty cruises in October. It was the one with the 2 coupons and the whole reverse side is the levels of the C&A society and all of the benefits. I hope they recycyle!

Same here. I have just booked today for the Brilliance sailing 28 Feb. Also sitting on 9 credits and was hoping to be Diamond to get equiv with Celebrity for summer cruise.

Surely they should be honouring cruises booked before the announcement as you are buying into the loyalty programme product when you pay the cruise. However, if you book after the changes then fair enough.

I was told today I would be Diamond after this cruise so they are still working off the current benefits.

Same thing here. When I talked to the C&A rep to check on my reservation, she told me "as it stands right now, there are no changes" Very diplomatic, and kept silent when I mentioned possible changes that could come this month.

Same thing here. When I talked to the C&A rep to check on my reservation, she told me "as it stands right now, there are no changes" Very diplomatic, and kept silent when I mentioned possible changes that could come this month.

Sounds like the right answer to me. If you aren't the one making the decisions, then all you can do it spout what they print out for you.

We have always exited the ship to spend a little time in port. That being said there are times when we only spend an hour or so on shore before heading back on board the ship. There is something to be said to having a 5 star hotel all to yourself. We have spent several afternoons camped out at the pool drinking mojitos. It's not a bad way to spend a day at all in my book.

We have gotten off the ship at every port, even if we are repeating them, on our cruises except for Nassau. We've been there a couple of times now and there just are not enough things of interest for us to see/do, particularly with a 6yo involved.

Talk to C&R today, they said look for the press release on the 7 or 8, goes into effect the jan 12. yes changing to days, added two new tiers one between platinum and diamond and one at 100 cruise point. cruise points is the new term. did not have info on how they are going to convert cruise credits to cruise points. suite discounts for d+ will be $225 now

Well I must admit that this subject has gotten me curious. I called C&A today and while it does seem that changes are in the works I do not believe that it is a complete system overhaul. I was concerned by all the rumors as I need ONE more cruise before I can book my FREE one and very concerned that changes would affect this. While the rep told me that she cannot comment on upcoming changes she didn't think I would be affected by any changes. However I took the safety road and booked a b2b today to assure that I didn't lose out on my free cruise.:) Now just waiting for them to price adjust the 2nd half of my b2b to $0.:D:D

In a suite you get a bottle of free water, better robes and toiletries, designated seating by the pool, free pressing of formal wear, room service off the complete dining room menu, a private suite party with the captain and officers and the best private departure lounge that leaves before the C&A lounge. These are things that C&A members don't get. There may be other things I can't think of.

Gina

Actually the robes are the same. And the bottom line is you pay an awful lot more for a suite. Break down the price and the benefits then get back to me.

In a suite you get a bottle of free water, better robes and toiletries, designated seating by the pool, free pressing of formal wear, room service off the complete dining room menu, a private suite party with the captain and officers and the best private departure lounge that leaves before the C&A lounge. These are things that C&A members don't get. There may be other things I can't think of.

Gina

So I agree with the previous post, yes I think the D+ benefits are better.

Actually the robes are the same. And the bottom line is you pay an awful lot more for a suite. Break down the price and the benefits then get back to me.

The robes in the suites are not the all terry ones like in the rest of the cabins(that DP get to use).........these are really nice......

I always get a kick out of the threads about the cruise line loyalty programs...I guess if enjoy a few free wattered down cocktails, sort of useful coupons and other small benefits to be more important than the actual trip than it would be a huge deal. We have always enjoyed the ports we go to more than any of the actual ships. And as far as RC goes...their activities and the ships themselves have been more enjoyable than the others...thats why we will keep going with them more...
Bryce just a heads up the drinks in the CL and the D, D+ events are without a doubt NOT watered down cocktails, trust me! And I agree with you on the activities on the ships at RCCL. I sail with RCCL because of the ships and the crew, not the ports of call. Thanks and happy sailing

The robe I had in a suite on Allure was different from the robe I had the following sailing in a D4..same ship different robes.

I mostly agree. While I appreciate most of the benefits they are not a make or break deal for me. The only benefit that I find truly useful is the discounted cruise rate. However I am one of those people who enjoy the ship more than the ports :D.

The discount on the cruise rate is nice. But would sail with RCCL regardless of the C&A on not. Not sailing because of the C&A benefits which I feel is a great bonus for loyal royals but again I sail because I love cruising and I love the ships and crew of RCCL.

The robe I had in a suite on Allure was different from the robe I had the following sailing in a D4..same ship different robes.
Maybe new robes fleetwide showing up Liz?? Will be in a suite and an outside balconey this year, lets see....

Maybe new robes fleetwide showing up Liz?? Will be in a suite and an outside balconey this year, lets see....

I dont think these were new style of robes as we had the same kind while in a suite on the Navigator in Nov 2009.

The suite ones were what I think they call, waffle type fabric, while the other one was the terry toweling type fabric.

NCL blows RCI away in suite perks.

OMG that so seems like the case.

Thanks to undercover boss-spent some time on the site and have been lurking over at the NCL boards and I am shocked at what they offer suite guests. Even more shocked at the prices. Blow them away may be an understatement!!:)

Def. going to give them a try.

What is the current Diamond plus balcony discount?

6 months or more in advance = $350

less than 6 months in advance = $325

Regarding Southwest's revised Rapid Rewards program (and, thanks for the link EVALUATOR), I calculated my credits versus the points I would need and took a look at how many I would need for one of my post-cruise flights home. We just need a one way.

I will have to spend about $2,000 more on my SW Visa card to get that airfare than it would with the credit system. Oh well, it was GREAT while it lasted. If they open up the booking dates by 2/28/11 to cover until 11/11/11, then I can get my flights with the old system. Otherwise, we will have to wait some extra time (and money spent) to get enough points.

I usually pay off my cruises early to get the next roundtrip award, but now I'll have to do it to get my (hopefully) rewards airfare taken care of before 3/1/11.

Archived