velvet skirt-Mex. Riviera

Junebug1

I'm starting to pack for our January Sapphire cruise and was going to pack a velvet,knee length skirt with a satiny top to wear on one of the formal nights. Ladies, is this appropriate on a Mexican Riviera itineray? I know it sounds like a silly question, but velvet in the tropics seems like it may be too wintery.

I'm starting to pack for our January Sapphire cruise and was going to pack a velvet,knee length skirt with a satiny top to wear on one of the formal nights. Ladies, is this appropriate on a Mexican Riviera itineray? I know it sounds like a silly question, but velvet in the tropics seems like it may be too wintery.

Personally, I would not bring velvet on a cruise to Mexico, but as long as the ship's air conditioning is working, you should be comfortable in it. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Velvet is fine. Any fabric is fine. The days of you "cannot wear white before Memorial Day" are well in the past. ;)

Velvet is fine. Any fabric is fine. The days of you "cannot wear white before Memorial Day" are well in the past. ;)
I agree. If you want to wear velvet, bring it. Our first formal night will probably be our first sea day and it'll be pretty chilly out. Temperatures are relative but it's only going to be in the low 60s on Wednesday, well below normal, and it'll still be chilly on Thursday.

I have a velvet/taffita skirt that I bring two different tops for and wear to the 2 formal nights anywhere in the Caribbean - even the Southern Route.

I have always been comfortable and felt it looked fine on formal nights!

I too pack velvet when cruising. Mine are slacks that I pair up with several different tops. Pack easy, are comfortable, and look great. Wear your skirt and have a great cruise!:)

Wear your velvet and enjoy. The Mexican Riviera is not the tropics. I am in Puerto Vallarta right now and it is 8:30 p.m. and it's 70 degrees. This time of year the days are bright and sunny with highs during the day in the high 70's but the temps at night are in the 50's. It's even cooler on the ships when at sea.

By the way, a little while ago we watched the Sapphire leave the dock and sail across Banderas Bay to the Pacific making way north to Mazatalan. We got pretty "homesick" watching her since we were on her for 62 days in Sept -Nov from Seattle to Sydney to LA and we didn't want to leave the ship! It was a fabulous cruise and we miss being on board. It's very nice here in Vallata but it was wonderful on the Sapphire.

Have a great time on your cruise and stay warm!

Archived