What to pack for Southern Carribean in Jan?

csic

First time cruisers to Southern Carribean in January. By all the reviews I have seen from Summit, looks like the weather is warm enough for shorts during the day but what about at night? Do I need to pack long sleeved shirts and jacket or stay with short sleeves? Thanks

I agree - that is one of the things we love the best about the southern itineraries - they are sure to be WARM! Bringing a wrap, or light sweater is a good idea though because it can be quite breezy at night, especially if you like to take an evening stroll on the promenade deck or hang out at an outside bar. Also there have been times when I have found the AC to be a little intense.

How is it in April? We usually travel to the Caribbean in the colder months, but school schedules dictate April this year.

Thanks!

Hi,:) the Caribbean is warm all year round. Have a great time:D

csic ~ the nice thing about leaving from San Juan is that it will be warm from the beginning of your cruise. The weather temperatures don't change much in the Caribbean. The average high in San Juan in January is 82 and the average high in the summer is 88 so it's warm all year round. The average forecast highs for the next ten days is 80. Everyone gave great advice above.

Have a wonderful cruise. It looks like a nice itinerary!

Archived