Holiday Inn POM

chirpy007

We are booked into the above hotel but have a car to drop off by 4pm. Check in time is 3pm so im worried about cutting it a bit fine. Are we able to drop our cases off early in the day and then we can check in after we have dropped the car off. Thanks

I cant say for sure, but I think you would be able to drop off your suitcases earlier in the day, as that seems to be acceptable at most hotels. I stayed there in October 2009, and arrived at the hotel about 1pm and was able to check into our room already.

As for the hotel, I have read a lot of people giving the place a thumbs down, but I had a positive experience there. I feel it is a bit too pricey maybe but I expect that in Miami. The hotel room was clean and well appointed and I really like the location. Have a great cruise!:)

Try and check in earlier; then you can put your suitcases in your room and go ahead and drop the car later. We have always been able to check in earlier than the posted check-in time, at absolutely every hotel we've ever stayed at. You can check into the hotel early but do not be late returning the car or you face extra charges. It makes sense to go to the hotel first, yes?

Try and check in earlier; then you can put your suitcases in your room and go ahead and drop the car later. We have always been able to check in earlier than the posted check-in time, at absolutely every hotel we've ever stayed at. You can check into the hotel early but do not be late returning the car or you face extra charges. It makes sense to go to the hotel first, yes?

OP can try,, however, I stayed here twice in the past. 1st time was so bad I was sure it was an aberration. Therefore, I tried a second time. Nope, it's a dump.

Anyway, I was a gold level Priority Club member and they refused early check-in both times. I was trying once at 11am and the other time at 2pm and they would not allow early check in.

BTW: Refusal of early check-in was not the only "dump" deciding factor.

OP can try....

Yes, I guess they can.

BTW, you've made your point about your feelings for this place. Doesn't really do OP any good, does it? :o I won't stay there again either and if someone asks about it before booking it, I'll tell them.... know what I mean, jelly bean? :)

Not to disagree with anyone here, we all have our own experiences and likes and dislikes, and yes, I have as I said read many negative reviews of this hotel. It is an older building and it's age shows in places, and I have unwittingly ended up a a few "dumps" in my life, but HOL Inn POM's most negative attribute to me is it is over priced, and the pool area is very small and shaded ( could be good for some I guess ). Anyway, just saying, we all have our experiences, so I hope the OP is not affected by this. He/she really did just ask for info if they could check in early or not.:)

When we stayed there a couple of years ago, we were able to check in a little early. (I think it was around 1 or so). We enjoyed this hotel for the most part. The location was good. The only issue that we had was the elevators. There weren't enough for everyone who was trying to check out at once. Enjoy your cruise!:D

Did you decide to go with Hertz, which is 5 blocks from the HI POM?

No l think l will go with Dollar as l can drop the bags off and then drop the car off in good time, look around SB and then catch a cab back to the holtel.:D

Thanks everyone. Every hotel l have looked at has had some bad reviews so l will just have to take my chances :D

I agree that this hotel in an overpriced dump. However that is not what you are asking. Most hotels have a bellman that can keep your luggage for you if you drop it off early. If I were you I would call and find out if they offer this service.

Archived