self serve laundry facilities on Eclipse

CPCruisers

How do you get all the clothes in the small sink???

The salt air makes the items left outside have a salty texture feel. Do not like to put my swimsuit outside to dry due to that fact.

I also say that you should consider another cruise line that has coined operated washing machines and dryers. Celebrity does not have ss laundry machines and do not believe they will in the future.

There are two posters on this thread who put themselves above everyone else because they don't agree with the way Celebrity runs it's business - one of them with 25% of the posts and so arrogant as to proudly post photos of her rule breaking - and it is obvious that they couldn't care less. A shame, really, that two selfish posters have pretty much hijacked this thread. As a result, this discussion will NEVER result in anything remotely helpful.

So, I am out of here!

drarill, below is a photo of my washing on a Mediterranean cruise back in 2011, as you can see it is nothing like the photo's on page three.

P1020063.JPG

TACKY! Looks like a balcony of a subsidized housing complex. Not what I consider responsible cruise behavior.

WOW..I mean...WOW....this thread is now 7 pages long.....

I for one DON'T WANT TO DO LAUNDRY when I'm on vacation....any of it....happy to let the cruise line do it and if it's not done perfectly...so what!!!??

And, oh yeah, the pictures of the laundry hanging...they are ALL tacky and tasteless and glad I have enough sense that if I were going to hand wash something I'd hang it in my bathroom NOT on a balcony.....

Okay, that's the streetttcccchhhh... There is a chance that a lit cigarette butt will land on laundry that is significantly dry enough to catch on fire although by definition laundry would be damp and not readily combustible. So if I leave a wrap on the lounger and forget to bring it in before dinner I could be responsible for a fire starting on the veranda and causing loss of life at sea....hmmm.

I think there might be a greater chance of a metor strike or pirates attacking the ship.

The bigger issue as a fire hazard is those smoking in banned or non designated areas. I would be more worried about poluting the ocean with overboard clothing articles (and looking tacky).

Unfortunately idiots that can't read, or don't care, or aren't very bright throw cigarettes & cigars off the top deck from smoking areas all the time. I believe these are the same ones that throw them out the car windows.

Just ponder for a second what is going to burn when those fires you referenced starting from people smoking in banned & non designated areas. It certainly isn't going to be the metal of the ship, or probably not the faux teak. The fire source has to have some combustible materials to grow. Was it ever determined what the smoker that started the fire on Princess caught on fire with his/her cigarette? Perhaps it was their clothes drying on the balcony.

Is Cousin Andy and Uncle Walt both on vacation? This place the last few days reminds me of when I was in school and we would have a sub teacher or the teacher was out of the room for 5 or 10 minutes.

Good question! Especially in those tiny little raised sink basins on Solstice Class -- or "the splash zone", as DH calls it. :rolleyes:

Last month on Equinox, I literally had to rinse out our bathing suits one at a time, as I couldn't get them both in that sink, without an overflow! :eek:

The salt air makes the items left outside have a salty texture feel. Do not like to put my swimsuit outside to dry due to that fact.

I also say that you should consider another cruise line that has coined operated washing machines and dryers. Celebrity does not have ss laundry machines and do not believe they will in the future.

Small sink, don't be ridiculous. You put the clothes on and take a shower with laundry soap......

Archived