Use computers to burn cd?

johjohjus

All pc's on the ship are locked down with only monitor, keyboard and mouse accessible by users. Risk for things from other IO devices are just to great.

FWIW the internet is also dreadfully slow as its satellite and more like dailup for speed and also has long latency times.

Instead of taking a laptop I was wondering if princess would allow Internet minutes use of computers to download pics and burn a cd? Anyone have any info about this?

The photo gallery has a station where one may do this (for a fee, of course).

Most people these days use memory cards that exceed the limited capacity of a CD.

Thuis, most people these days burn their pictures to a DVD, an option that the photo gallery does not offer.

Downloading or uploading photos using the ship's Internet, whether using your own laptop or not, is a huge bandwidth hog. I'll be excrutiatingly slow not just for you but will slow down the Internet for everyone else using the Internet. Depending on the size of the file, it very well might not even download or upload. You'll use not just Internet minutes but it possibly hours. Not a good idea.

Most people these days use memory cards that exceed the limited capacity of a CD.

Thuis, most people these days burn their pictures to a DVD, an option that the photo gallery does not offer.

They have an option to burn them to a CD. I don't know why they couldn't burn them to a DVD also.

Archived