How could princess improve your cruise

nhcpl57

While we do not purchase a lot of pics, we probably would if they were more reasonably priced ... and they could be if you weren't printing 1000's of pics that are just thrown away at the end of each cruise. This does not make sense. Have the pics viewable on PCs and allow persons to pick and choose what they wish to purchase and reduce the pricing accordingly. It would be a win-win for everyone and think of the trash that would be avoided.

I would love the ship to be non-smoking, but understand that smokers would want some place they could smoke without offending those who do not. I don't think smoking in cabins or balconies is a good choice, because those on either side can't exactly move if they want to avoid the smoke.

1. Get some decent coffee.....deep six that awful liquid coffee excuse for coffee

2. Get some consistency in the beds. We don't stay in hotels where the mattresses are so bad that we need foam toppers......ditto for cruise lines.

3. No smoking in cabins and on balconies.

...Other than that we really like Princess but if you are reading this Princess, the last two cruises were a draw and you lost because of this. And the loss was not to another Carnival Corp. sub either-it was to a real competitor.

Put decent hairdryers in the cabins. That is the single biggest complaint I have and one which truly impacts negatively every cruise I take. I want every day to be a good hair day! This is a reasonably inexpensive (compared to some of the pie-in-the-sky suggestions on this thread) investment and would garner you my lifelong slavish devotion.

There are many cruise lines that don't allow smoking. To all Non Smokers: If you are that opposed to the smell, then go on another line that doesn't allow it in the rooms and balconies. Its that easy. When I don't like something, I generally make some changes in my life to not be around the thing I don't like. With so much competition, it very easy for you non-smokers to go somewhere else. Stop complaining about other people who bother you and help your self. We enjoy it just as much as your claim to hate it, so help yourself and cruise somewhere else!

If Princess is actually reading these, here is my stance:

I am a smoker, its my choice, and one of the reasons I am loyal to Princess and I won't sail RCCL, NCL, or Celebrity is because Princess allows me to enjoy my vacation the way I want to.

The non smoking lines use to allow smoking and they got onboard earlier than others (just like some states are banning smoking in public places.) Princess as well as the rest will come around and ban it. It is proven to be a health hazard. Second hand smoke kills - I don't want to breath your smoke while I'm trying to enjoy my balcony.

I do agree that they should allow certain areas for you to smoke but it should be well ventilated.

There are many cruise lines that don't allow smoking. To all Non Smokers: If you are that opposed to the smell, then go on another line that doesn't allow it in the rooms and balconies. Its that easy. When I don't like something, I generally make some changes in my life to not be around the thing I don't like. With so much competition, it very easy for you non-smokers to go somewhere else. Stop complaining about other people who bother you and help your self. We enjoy it just as much as your claim to hate it, so help yourself and cruise somewhere else!

I am a smoker, its my choice, and one of the reasons I am loyal to Princess and I won't sail RCCL, NCL, or Celebrity is because Princess allows me to enjoy my vacation the way I want to.

I refuse to walk away from my favorite cruise line (that I have earned perks with) without trying to advocate for change. It's inevitable. Maybe my voice, along with the rest of the vocal majority, will help bring that change about faster.

If you choose to continue to smoke you will adapt to the new rules, just as smokers have adapted to so many changes in smoking laws in the states. When I was a smoker there was hardly anywhere that smoking was banned. I'm ashamed to admit some of the places I used to smoke. When places I frequented began to ban smoking, I finally made the decision to quit and have the stricter smoking laws to thank for it!

So after years of cruising with Princess all the loyal people who can't stand the smell of smoke should change lines & begin building up perks with another line? I doubt that will happen anytime soon. The day will come when Princess does convert to non smoking room & balconies, as soon as it becomes economically feasible to do so. They're well aware of the problems both pro & con and hopefully they make changes soon based upon the number of complaints from the non smoking pax to improve the situation.

Limit all smoking to a designated lounge so that those that want to stay healthy and not breath that crap don't have to. I used to smoke and dont need to smoking second hand.

Enforce the rules on not saving lounge chairs on deck.

Enforce the parents are responsible for watching their kids, not the other passengers or the crew.

Enforce "no kids" in the hot tubs at any time!!

I cruise to get away from that stuff not pay thousands to babysit others unruly kids.

Extend the room service pizza delivery hours, I want a late night pizza, not just one during the afternoon. Even better bring back the dedicated sit down pizzeria like on the Sun class ships

Also I'd love more smaller ships overall.

How about some 10 day Alaska routes from Seattle and/or Vancouver?

So after years of cruising with Princess all the loyal people who can't stand the smell of smoke should change lines & begin building up perks with another line? I doubt that will happen anytime soon. The day will come when Princess does convert to non smoking room & balconies, as soon as it becomes economically feasible to do so. They're well aware of the problems both pro & con and hopefully they make changes soon based upon the number of complaints from the non smoking pax to improve the situation.

Maybe I'm just different from others, but I have a hard time understanding this particular mindset. If a restaurant offered you a 15% discount on their food after 5 visits, but the food was not to your liking, would you keep going back just for the discount perks, especially if there were a lot of similar restaurants in town?

Most of the mass market lines are more alike than different. I have no problem finding itineraries I like on several other lines and the pricing is also pretty similar to Princess, sometimes even less. If there was one major thing about Princess that I didn't like, I'd just stop booking cruises with them and take my business elsewhere. If they fix that thing, then I'd return.

In fact, that's basically what I've done, as sleeping on Princess beds has become something I'm not willing to do any longer. Yes, I'm willing to give up my perks to avoid an aching back every morning. Besides, perks build up pretty quickly on all lines these days. I've sailed Celebrity and I've sailed HAL and I'm perfectly happy to sail either line again as well as Princess.

Further, it seems to me the cruise lines have very little incentive to change when folks are basically telling them "I'm unhappy with your policies, but I'll keep cruising with you anyway." Why would they change the smoking rules and alienate the 20+% of cruisers who undoubtedly would stop cruising with them, just to please their nonsmoking customers who repeatedly say they won't stop cruising with Princess even if they don't change their policy.

:confused::confused::confused:

Maybe I'm just different from others, but I have a hard time understanding this particular mindset. If a restaurant offered you a 15% discount on their food after 5 visits, but the food was not to your liking, would you keep going back just for the discount perks, especially if there were a lot of similar restaurants in town?

Most of the mass market lines are more alike than different. I have no problem finding itineraries I like on several other lines and the pricing is also pretty similar to Princess, sometimes even less. If there was one major thing about Princess that I didn't like, I'd just stop booking cruises with them and take my business elsewhere. If they fix that thing, then I'd return.

In fact, that's basically what I've done, as sleeping on Princess beds has become something I'm not willing to do any longer. Yes, I'm willing to give up my perks to avoid an aching back every morning. Besides, perks build up pretty quickly on all lines these days. I've sailed Celebrity and I've sailed HAL and I'm perfectly happy to sail either line again as well as Princess.

Further, it seems to me the cruise lines have very little incentive to change when folks are basically telling them "I'm unhappy with your policies, but I'll keep cruising with you anyway." Why would they change the smoking rules and alienate the 20+% of cruisers who undoubtedly would stop cruising with them, just to please their nonsmoking customers who repeatedly say they won't stop cruising with Princess even if they don't change their policy.

Because change comes about when people make their voices heard. Nothing gets changed when people tuck tail, shut their mouth and run.;)

Because change comes about when people make their voices heard. Nothing gets changed when people tuck tail, shut their mouth and run.;)

Big corporations have no problem listening to customer complaints all day long. It's when customers start taking their dollars elsewhere that changes get made.

I wish they could somehow tell parents that they need to control their children and if they don't, that they will be told to get off the ship at the next port like they do with other problem passengers. Something needs to be done during Christmas and Spring break.

No smoking in cabins and on balconies or public areas but do provide a smokers lounge (enclosed and air conditioned) so the smell does not permeate the areas nearby. The smokers would have a place to be comfortable and enjoy their smoking and would not intrude on the nonsmokers space. Everyone has paid for their vacation but their personal space ends at the next persons personal space.

I am not looking for an argument and will not partake in one but.... Balconies are one of the few places smoking is allowed on Princess ships. There are ships out there that have a non smoking policy. Maybe these people who do not like smoking should go there. Non smoking cabins I can live perfectly fine with. But banning smoking from outdoors on your own balcony is just crazy. Yes non smokers paid for their balcony just as I did but that is the risk you take when booking a balcony.

So that said I vote for non smoking rooms across the board. Better coffee served at meals and in HC. I do pay for brewed but resent it a bit....

The non smoking lines use to allow smoking and they got onboard earlier than others (just like some states are banning smoking in public places.) Princess as well as the rest will come around and ban it. It is proven to be a health hazard. Second hand smoke kills - I don't want to breath your smoke while I'm trying to enjoy my balcony.

I do agree that they should allow certain areas for you to smoke but it should be well ventilated.

What could be more ventilated than being outdoors??? :rolleyes: I don't think a designated smoking lounge would solve anyones problem with smoking. I know quite a few posters have made this suggestion, which is appreciated, but I think the lounge would be empty most of the time. Currently the cigar lounge on Princess is available and has bartender service, but what smoker would want to spend most of their time there? Like other cruisers we too would like to enjoy other venues such as bars and lounges, hear live music, dance and smoke. On our last cruise the places we could do this was 0. It would be nice if there were one or two lounges we could go to. We do enjoy our time at the aft bar and the outside deck by the main pools but that area has gotten so small there is not enough room for the people who still smoke.

I truly believe that most Princess non-smoking cruisers don't realize how restrictive Princess has become. Much more restrictive than HAL. Some of you have not been on a Princess cruise recently and I think would be surprised that the ship is mostly non-smoking. So please give us smokers a break.

Comparing smoking on a cruise ship to a restaurant is not quite the same thing at all. We've been cruising on Princess since the days when you could hardly breath in the show lounge because of all the smoke. They also allowed it in the dining rooms at one time. Where would we be if no one complained back then? Probably with people smoking right next to me in the dining room just like it used to be in all the restaurants a few short years ago. It takes people speaking up for their rights not to breath the pollutants that smokers spew in order for anything to come about. I do agree it would happen much sooner if people would stop cruising Princess & they saw their profits go down but unless there was an organized boycott of the cruise line it won't happen overnight. I'm not about to stop cruising Princess and lead the way but since you don't cruise Princess any longer at least we won't have to put up with your smoke on the balconies.

Comparing smoking on a cruise ship to a restaurant is not quite the same thing at all. We've been cruising on Princess since the days when you could hardly breath in the show lounge because of all the smoke. They also allowed it in the dining rooms at one time. Where would we be if no one complained back then? Probably with people smoking right next to me in the dining room just like it used to be in all the restaurants a few short years ago. It takes people speaking up for their rights not to breath the pollutants that smokers spew in order for anything to come about. I do agree it would happen much sooner if people would stop cruising Princess & they saw their profits go down but unless there was an organized boycott of the cruise line it won't happen overnight. I'm not about to stop cruising Princess and lead the way but since you don't cruise Princess any longer at least we won't have to put up with your smoke on the balconies.

Umm, I am not a smoker and have never been one. :cool:

I have sailed Princess since Sitmar days, back in the 1970s. However, if something no longer works for me, I look elsewhere.

Going on my 5th cruise next month (all with Princess) so here's my opinion...

As much as I would like to ban smoking, it's not fair to those who smoke, however i think it should not be allowed in cabins or on balconies. It's hard to enjoy your balcony if you are downwind from neighbours who smoke and not enjoyable if you cabin smells of stale smoke.

I think the soda card is a fair price, I'd spend more than that in a week grabbing drinks on the go at home so no worries there for me.

I'd like to see some new shows, our next cruise is our 3rd on Emerald and it looks as though the shows are the same from 2008:(:(

Definately address the chair hogs. Obviously if someone is in the pool swimming their stuff should be left alone but people "mark their territory" with personal items to hold their spot and the chair remains empty for hours.

I personally don't want to keep track of my bill daily so I will venture to the pursers desk if I need an update.

I would love to have a softer mattress but thats just me. I'm trying the eggcrate this time around so we'll see.

Muts doesn't bother me, I go to the other pool but find the picture hard to see in the daylight.

I am not looking for an argument and will not partake in one but.... Balconies are one of the few places smoking is allowed on Princess ships. There are ships out there that have a non smoking policy. Maybe these people who do not like smoking should go there. Non smoking cabins I can live perfectly fine with. But banning smoking from outdoors on your own balcony is just crazy. Yes non smokers paid for their balcony just as I did but that is the risk you take when booking a balcony.

So that said I vote for non smoking rooms across the board. Better coffee served at meals and in HC. I do pay for brewed but resent it a bit....

why should booking a balcony be a risk for non smokers?

Umm, I am not a smoker and have never been one. :cool:

I have sailed Princess since Sitmar days, back in the 1970s. However, if something no longer works for me, I look elsewhere.

I guess you not a person that's bothered by second hand smoke and you're boycotting Princes because the mattress's are terrible. If so, your personal boycott isn't working so well because they're still terrible and I would tend to believe a personal boycott by only a few individuals concerning smoking would go the same.

When there's a full blown boycott of Princess for their balcony smoking policy I'll join it in a minute but until then I'll have to suffer & complain.

As long as we are talking about a wish list (or is this just another smoking/non-smoking thread? I'm losing track) I would like to request NO PERFUME. I am sensitive to some perfumes. I travel with friends who are so allergic to perfumes that they can't even go into the onboard shops that carry perfume. If we are going to designate certain areas for smoking, can't we also limit the areas where you can wear perfume? This is just as much a health issue for those people with allergies as second hand smoke.

(OK I'm kidding. A little. It really is a big problem for some of my friends, but they don't have the lobby power of the militant anti-smoking crowd.)

I would like softer beds, hot food on the room service breakfast menu, new production shows, and a ship's excursion from St. Thomas to Jost Van Dyke, please. Hey, I can dream!

Archived