B2b, which ship which ports

leedm

We are looking for a special cruise in 2012. The big birthday special. March or June 2012. Which ship and which ports would be the best?

We are looking at the caribbean first. Best B2B deal.

Thanks

leedm:confused::confused::confused:

Where in Florida do you live? I would look at Freedom, I think it has a 6 day and 8 day alternating to the caribbean ports.

Dream might be my 2nd choice since you live in Florida.

some 7 day where the ports are different on the two legs?

No 'deals' for a b2b - and I guess you would want to do a ship that does a different itinerary each 'cruise'and not the same one.

Most important to me would be having the SAME CABIN - so you don't have to switch in-between. I would look into the different ships going to the caribbean and see which do a) alternating itineraries and b) have the same cabin available. (or of course you could just call your PVP or travel agent and have them look into this if you don't want to?)

Good luck!

There isn't much for discounts for booking b2b. Don't forget to check rates on different lines for a b2b as well. We got a great deal booked for this fall, first leg on RCCL, night in miami, second leg on CCL.

We did this with two different ships, and a extra night in between the two cruises this last fall, so we got to see different ports and good prices.

We did this with two different ships, and a extra night in between the two cruises this last fall, so we got to see different ports and good prices.

We looked at another cruise where we would have gotten off the first leg and right onto the next leg right away, but really it's kind of nice to have an extra night in between.....I don't know why I guess it really makes it seem like two cruises instead of 1 long one!

For me the best part would be STAYING on the ship - no need to repack/unpack, disembark, embark again, etc. Just wave bye bye to everyone, do the 'customs' thing, get back on the ship and get ready for another cruise! :D

For me the best part would be STAYING on the ship - no need to repack/unpack, disembark, embark again, etc. Just wave bye bye to everyone, do the 'customs' thing, get back on the ship and get ready for another cruise! :D

Froufie's got that right. I've done B2B's all different ways, changing cabins, getting off and getting on another ship etc, but my upcoming B2B on the Liberty on 01/22/11 I will be in a Cat 9B for two weeks. The upsell fairy made me a heck of a deal to switch to a OS, but I wasn't doing it. I'm unpacking once and calling it good.

did Freedom b2b eastern/western carib and loved it. Leaving soon for b2b on Glory, again eastern/western carib. woohoo!!

b2b on the same ship is great - lots of time to relax, party. You can pick and choose what you want to do, knowing that the same show or entertainer or whatever will be there the next week too! Not having to pack up the last night of the first week is awesome. And the time when week1 folks are off and week2 folks aren't on yet is great, like having your own private yacht.

ENJOY :D

:eek: OK you past B2Bers. At the end of the first leg of your cruise on the last night did you get any liq. purchases delivered to your cabin? Or did you have to wait until the last night of the second leg of the cruise? Any unuasal, different or special things you had to do because you were on a B2B on the same ship?

Thanks

leedm

:eek: OK you past B2Bers. At the end of the first leg of your cruise on the last night did you get any liq. purchases delivered to your cabin? Or did you have to wait until the last night of the second leg of the cruise? Any unuasal, different or special things you had to do because you were on a B2B on the same ship?

Thanks

leedm

I have seen other folks post that they received their liquor the last night of the first leg, but we have no personal experience with that. We might be finding out in a couple weeks tho! :D

The only thing we did different, from what I remember, is that if you are staying on the same ship, between weeks, back in home port, you have to get off the ship, go thru customs (or whatever) and then you go back onboard. All folks staying onboard receive a letter in their box detailing to meet at a specific place/time, and then you are led as a group off the ship, thru the required line, then back onto the ship. We spent way more time waiting in the specified place than it actually took to go off and back on. It's easy peasy and no worries.

Thanks

leedm

I would wait to buy it when you can just carry it to your cabin the last afternoon or night.

Archived