Dream buttcheaks show

williamson_ja

Inappropriate for them because you are embarrassed or inappropriate for them?

What do you do if you take your kids to the ballet? The women may be covered and while the men are covered, it is totally obvious what is under the covering.

BTW, I live in Las Vegas (Sin City) and raised 2 daughters here. When they were early teenagers, we took them to a show that happened to be topless. They did not mention anything about it because they probably did not notice it. We certainly did not try to cover their eyes so they would not see the naked boobs.

In spite of the fact that we took them to that awful show, they grew up to be outstanding adults. Kids react to your behavior. If you ignore it, so will they. If you make a big fuss, they will find it attractive.

DON

Don,

Thanks for writing this.

Back in 2004, we sailed Carnival Victory. My boys were 13.5 and 16 years old. That was when there used to be a topless deck available for sunbathing. It was up high, out of the way, and the railing was covered by a tarp to afford privacy. Or so Carnival thought.

One day in particular, the boys spent a lot of time using the water slide. It looked like they were having fun so we thought nothing of their repeated trips. Then my DH and the other adult males in our group joined the boys. Their sudden interest in the slide piqued my interest, so I went for a go. Imagine my surprise .....the idea was HIGHER than the railing of the topless deck, so I had quite the revealing view. It was then that I discovered the reason the boys kept using the slide.

lol....ALL the boys....!;)

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if you have any mirrors in your house and if your kids have "buttcheeks" of thier own? I'm pretty sure you got rid of that awefull nasty TV too right? I don't know how a parent could possibly prevent a child from seeing buttcheeks now-a-days, I really don't.

You should definately keep your kids far away from the wife and I though as we both have buttcheeks ourselves. That would be nice - keep them away please. Thanks

I'm taking my family on a cruise on the Dream in Dec. 2011. I am one of those overprotective parents that don't let my kids view inappropriate shows. Which shows on this ship should I stay away from if we don't wish to view the dancers with their buttcheaks hanging out? I know some of you enjoy the view... that's fine for adults. I just don't want my young kids watching ladies dance around 1/2 naked. :eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would be more worried about the "inappropiate shows" by the other cruisers or people in the ports vs. the staged entertainment which is usually classy and more easily explainable to children. Dancers are just in costumes. Drunk or moraless cruisers are another whole story.

That's what I was going to say. The dancers are clothed in professional costumes. I can't say as much for the guy in the speedo whose gut hangs about six inches below the suit and shows off a six inch butt crack everytime he bends over. Or the woman who wears a bikini that contains as much material as a bandaid. You can't protect your children all the time. The world is full of sights and sounds that can be considered indecent or inappropriate by certain individuals. It won't go away. I taught my daughters as best I could while they were growing up. Don, in post 126 above, said it best. If you make a big deal out of something and draw attention to it, then yes, the kids will pay greater attention to it as well. Don't make a big deal out of it and neither will they. Ultimately, though, children form their own opinions and conclusions. Your kids will be fine.

Avoid the "adult only" venues.....

As for buttcheeks...there are none. All body parts are covered.

And, at least one night, there will be a showgirl or 2 all over the place on the ship taking pictures with passengers.

Perhaps the new Disny ship would be more to your liking.....

Not to worry, no naked bodies anywhere since Carnival did away with the much-missed "F Deck"....

Good thing you didn't book the Pride:eek: Blinders wouldn't even suffice!

Yeah. If stocking covered buttcheeks would scar the kids for life...imagine what a Raphael or Botticelli or other of the greatest Rennaisance Masters might do.

The end of the world is nigh.......:D:eek::cool:

I commend you for teaching your children good morals! Good for you!!

I would go to the guest services desk when you board and ask them your question. They should know exactly what the costumes are for each show.

Enjoy your cruise!

Showgirls dancing is not an immoral activity.

Neither are professional entertainers immoral.

Not even the pole dancers in the strip clubs poiint to immorality.....however, I wouldn't think it is a childrens venue...

Morality is in the mind anyway. Ones "morality" is learned from parents, not from showgirls/boys or great art.

So, it looks like the karaoke, family comedian, legends show, and perhaps the welcome aboard shows would be the ones we would feel more comfortable with from what people have posted here. I definitely know that people will be wearing swim attire on decks. The difference to me (as is posted by another) is that if someone on deck is wearing something revealing, I'm not going to sit and stare at them for an hour as my entertainment. You just continue with what you are doing and not pay too much attention to them. I know most of you don't understand this point of view. That's okay. I was just looking for some information. I think I have what I need now. Thanks to those that were helpful. :)

You might avoid "looking" at the half-naked folks around the pool..but, I thought the concern was for the kids.....

Honestly, Carnival may not be the place for you if you are reallyworried about it. Believe me, your family will see more around the pools and the hot tubs than anything on stage.....

The op asked a simple question, which shows shoud be avoided because of buttcheeks. Apparently all of the shows should be avoided for this reason. That is the answer op should have gotten. He did not ask for all the lectures on other areas of the ship that would be offensive. Just because society seems to have excepted a lower class of dress in many situations doesn't mean a parent shouldn,t still try to enforce some sense of morality in his own children.

Keep them away from Lido Deck, lots of babes sunning themselves up there, lots of cheeks up there, yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!:D

I'm taking my family on a cruise on the Dream in Dec. 2011. I am one of those overprotective parents that don't let my kids view inappropriate shows. Which shows on this ship should I stay away from if we don't wish to view the dancers with their buttcheaks hanging out? I know some of you enjoy the view... that's fine for adults. I just don't want my young kids watching ladies dance around 1/2 naked. :eek:

awwwww, thats cute... make sure you show her pictures of that to her and her boyfriend later in life, hehe:D

What are the dangers of buttcheeks?

Our daughter who was 5 at the time paraded around our cabin putting her underwear in a wedgie.

She proclaimed, "I'M A SHOWGIRL!"

BTW, the answer to you question is none. The buttcheeks are covered by body leggings. There are no bare buttcheeks in any show.

I had a feeling I would get lots of negative comments here. We have sailed Disney FYI and love it very much. However, it is 4 X as much as sailing a Carnival cruise. I believe we can still have fun on this ship without having to lower our standards. We actually never saw a single male/female on the ship itself (when cruising Disney) that was either in a thong swim suit or a see through bikini top. It didn't occur to me that people would dress differently on Carnival. When I go to water parks or pools on land, for the most part people are dressed very appropriately. I guess I assumed that people would generally wear the same sort of attire on a ship that they would to a pool or water park on land. Even though many of the comments here were very snide and rude, it did give me something to think about.

Something about the waterparks or pools, they may have rules against thong suits (or other tiny suits for females or males). There are no restrictions of this on the ships (even Disney though I think most people don't dress that way because of it's "family environment"). I have read other boards on other cruise lines and passengers have dressed skimpy on them too. When you are in ports, the beaches may provide more "views" then you desire so caution would need to used there too. Several US beaches have banned the thongs, don't know if those bans have held up, but one never knows. I did notice on my last cruise (just this past week) that on the deck with the water works it was very much a family environment setting as far as bathing suits went. The lido deck did have some skimpy suits.

Instead of being worried what your children may see, maybe you could have a nice family talk about your family values. I don't mean that in a cruel way either.

OP that is an interesting question. I think one of you may want to go into the showroom and check before you bring the children in and as was mentioned, consider sitting in the upper tier which is far enough away to soften anything you may see as inappropriate for the age of your children. I have never seen an overly exposed show on any line but I have viewed it from the perspective of an adult and I may have felt differently if I brought my children when they were younger.

In any case I am sure you will be able to find some information with many of the answers. Good luck and have a great cruise!

Archived