Dream buttcheaks show

williamson_ja

I'm taking my family on a cruise on the Dream in Dec. 2011. I am one of those overprotective parents that don't let my kids view inappropriate shows. Which shows on this ship should I stay away from if we don't wish to view the dancers with their buttcheaks hanging out? I know some of you enjoy the view... that's fine for adults. I just don't want my young kids watching ladies dance around 1/2 naked. :eek:

Cancel the cruise immediately and get tickets for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I commend you for teaching your children good morals! Good for you!!

I would go to the guest services desk when you board and ask them your question. They should know exactly what the costumes are for each show.

Enjoy your cruise!

What the heck is that supposed to mean??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The shows are very classy and unless you tell your children their is something wrong with their customes the children won't think a thing. As some have said. You will see more from passengers skimpy swim suites on deck then anything you will see in a production show on the ship. What do you tell them bout men in spedo's and women in hardly any swim suit? I would take them to any show that is not marked adult only and you should have no problem unless you react as a problem. Have fun and enjoy yourself you are on vacation. :)

I'm taking my family on a cruise on the Dream in Dec. 2011. I am one of those overprotective parents that don't let my kids view inappropriate shows. Which shows on this ship should I stay away from if we don't wish to view the dancers with their buttcheaks hanging out? I know some of you enjoy the view... that's fine for adults. I just don't want my young kids watching ladies dance around 1/2 naked. :eek:

please do not describe yourself as overprotective just because you do not want them seeing something that you deem inappropriate.

This has nothing to do with the "buttcheeks" issue, btw...it is just sad that many parents feel they must "apologize" for the way they raise their kids.

I know there is at least one show per week which Camp Carnival brings a group of young kids to view together. They seem to usually sit in the balcony. Maybe that's because the costumes aren't quite so obvious up there? If memory serves me, I believe the Welcome Aboard show shows less flesh than some of the others. And there is the Legends show, where the performers are passengers and never scantilly clad...although there are ship's dancers also involved with this show.

As others have said, you will see more skin on Lido and the beaches than you will on the stage. However, costumes like the ones in the pic that was posted are common on the stage, so if this worries you, don't take the kids to the show lounge.

If you want to avoid the looking-up-at-buttcheeks experience, then sit in the balcony. If your kids are looking down, then they might not even notice that the dancers are in thongs. If anything, avoid the first 5-10 rows if you want to keep your kids from... :eek:

I agree, sit farther back, or up in the balcony, I find the balcony the best to see everything (not buttcheeks)

I would also watch out for the see thru string bikinis on the rest of the ship.

Why does everyone say Disney would be a better choice?

Have you ever looked at Donald Duck? He is practically "butt" naked! He dances around the ship.

I'm surprised no one yet pointed out that on some of the islands, they have some clothing optional beaches.

There are many things to keep kids from, but the sights in shows, night clubs, beaches, pools, will only teach them to respect the body, and not look upon it is bad.

please do not describe yourself as overprotective just because you do not want them seeing something that you deem inappropriate.

This has nothing to do with the "buttcheeks" issue, btw...it is just sad that many parents feel they must "apologize" for the way they raise their kids.

With the sarcastic comments, you'd think that it WAS something to apologize for.

I must have missed that comment........really someone actually feels they need to apologize for the way they raise their kids:confused:

OP I hope you don't keep your kids away from the pool if some of us choose to wear our thong bikinis while out on the lido deck:o

I'm not going to make any comment one way or another about the parenting skills of others (unless you just decide to let the ship babysit your kids and let them run wild, which imposes on others and gives tomato juice a bad name :-) )

But I will suggest to the OP to research the beaches you might be going to, because there are some topless beaches out there.

I suspect your kids are going to be bugging you to go to Camp Carnival all the time and you'll be able to enjoy the shows without worrying about what they might see.

Cheers and have a great cruise!!

Carole

Hello, I had similar concerns when my girls were younger and frankly some of the costumes and style of dance made our kids a bit uncomfortable, so I completely understand your question. I do expect to see revealing costumes and somewhat mature dance styles in the main theater. and generally I have found that to be the case. I think the entertainment is fine, it was just a bit too grownup for my girls when we began cruising. Hope this helps. Teri

I had a feeling I would get lots of negative comments here. We have sailed Disney FYI and love it very much. However, it is 4 X as much as sailing a Carnival cruise. I believe we can still have fun on this ship without having to lower our standards. We actually never saw a single male/female on the ship itself (when cruising Disney) that was either in a thong swim suit or a see through bikini top. It didn't occur to me that people would dress differently on Carnival. When I go to water parks or pools on land, for the most part people are dressed very appropriately. I guess I assumed that people would generally wear the same sort of attire on a ship that they would to a pool or water park on land. Even though many of the comments here were very snide and rude, it did give me something to think about.

I had a feeling I would get lots of negative comments here. We have sailed Disney FYI and love it very much. However, it is 4 X as much as sailing a Carnival cruise. I believe we can still have fun on this ship without having to lower our standards. We actually never saw a single male/female on the ship itself (when cruising Disney) that was either in a thong swim suit or a see through bikini top. It didn't occur to me that people would dress differently on Carnival. When I go to water parks or pools on land, for the most part people are dressed very appropriately. I guess I assumed that people would generally wear the same sort of attire on a ship that they would to a pool or water park on land. Even though many of the comments here were very snide and rude, it did give me something to think about.

I believe that the people that you run into at pools and water parks on land tend to be families and not singles or couples traveling together. The families that you see on the ship will be just like at home, as will the singles, BUT you rarely see the singles so you will be really surprised about the styles of bathing suits and how much skin they show.

Why does everyone say Disney would be a better choice?

Have you ever looked at Donald Duck? He is practically "butt" naked! He dances around the ship.

I'm surprised no one yet pointed out that on some of the islands, they have some clothing optional beaches.

There are many things to keep kids from, but the sights in shows, night clubs, beaches, pools, will only teach them to respect the body, and not look upon it is bad.

and when Daisy is with him she has those big breasts out in public topless. Other times she is in a very reviling halter top.

Just so you know, these were not very rude, when it is rude, or flaming you you will know it.

But have fun, and do what you normally do and you will be ok.

I had a feeling I would get lots of negative comments here. We have sailed Disney FYI and love it very much. However, it is 4 X as much as sailing a Carnival cruise. I believe we can still have fun on this ship without having to lower our standards. We actually never saw a single male/female on the ship itself (when cruising Disney) that was either in a thong swim suit or a see through bikini top.

Then you are very lucky. I cruise on the Disney Magic in October and there were a few questionable bathing suits. One in particular that stands out was a woman wearing a bikini that was joined at her belly button - it was about 2 sizes too small and her boobs were popping out. I swear it took the collective will of all of us to keep her boobs from popping out.

That was just the most noticable one - I could go on and on but there were a number of people dressed in a way that made me want to nominate them for "What not to wear".

And it's not "good moral values" it might be "puritan moral values" (a descriptive term). Good is a subjective term as is moral; you should not mix the two together as it does not provide a clear meaning when the two words are combined.

Appropriate......or covered:confused:

Just so you know, these were not very rude, when it is rude, or flaming you you will know it.

But have fun, and do what you normally do and you will be ok.

i actually did find a lot of the comments to be both snide and rude. The OP is asking questions and there were comments about not leaving the cabin, booking a vacation in Denver etc. Seriously...was that really necessary to tell the OP that they are likely to see similar suits by the pool and on the beaches? I do understand there have been more rude and snide comments posted before.... so a little less rudeness should be tolerated? While posters mock the OP for their way of bringing up their children, I hope the children that they may raise do not pay such close behavior to these actions.

to the OP. We are very strict over things our son now 15 watch since he was little. He really did not notice the costumes. Most of the time he wanted to be in the kids clubs and missed the shows entirely. At 15 he would be far more interested in the costumes than the choreography, which we find normal and expected. Have a great cruise!

i actually did find a lot of the comments to be both snide and rude. The OP is asking questions and there were comments about not leaving the cabin, booking a vacation in Denver etc. Seriously...was that really necessary to tell the OP that they are likely to see similar suits by the pool and on the beaches? I do understand there have been more rude and snide comments posted before.... so a little less rudeness should be tolerated? While posters mock the OP for their way of bringing up their children, I hope the children that they may raise do not pay such close behavior to these actions.

to the OP. We are very strict over things our son now 15 watch since he was little. He really did not notice the costumes. Most of the time he wanted to be in the kids clubs and missed the shows entirely. At 15 he would be far more interested in the costumes than the choreography, which we find normal and expected. Have a great cruise!

Would it have been better to not mention the pool area? Then when they got there they would be surprised? That sounds much nicer. I think to pretend it is not there is wrong, to pretend they are not going to look is wrong, and to hide a 15 year old in the kids camp so mom and dad can have a cruise is wrong. If you are going to bring the kids along, do things with them, if you want them to be with the baby sitter leave them home and save the money, then go a a Family Vacation with them.

I think this thread has gotten out of hand, and a little backward so.

Actually, I think it is 100% necessary to let the OP know where he (and his kids) were going to see "skin". If he is worried about the costumes in the shows, which compared to some bathing suits are really benign, then he needs to know he'll need to keep his kids off the open decks during the day because they will most certainly see a lot of skin there. In addition, while it may have seemed snide to say he needs to vacation in Denver, I said that as a realistic alternative. If you are afraid of seeing Zebras, do you go on an African safari? No. This is not rocket science. If you are afraid your kids are going to see scantily clad women, you don't go somewhere they are. You go to somewhere that has people with lots of clothes on. Like Denver in January.

Actually, I think it is 100% necessary to let the OP know where he (and his kids) were going to see "skin". If he is worried about the costumes in the shows, which compared to some bathing suits are really benign, then he needs to know he'll need to keep his kids off the open decks during the day because they will most certainly see a lot of skin there. In addition, while it may have seemed snide to say he needs to vacation in Denver, I said that as a realistic alternative. If you are afraid of seeing Zebras, do you go on an African safari? No. This is not rocket science. If you are afraid your kids are going to see scantily clad women, you don't go somewhere they are. You go to somewhere that has people with lots of clothes on. Like Denver in January.

Just wait till formal night, some of those dresses, WOW ;)

Would it have been better to not mention the pool area? Then when they got there they would be surprised? That sounds much nicer. I think to pretend it is not there is wrong, to pretend they are not going to look is wrong, and to hide a 15 year old in the kids camp so mom and dad can have a cruise is wrong. If you are going to bring the kids along, do things with them, if you want them to be with the baby sitter leave them home and save the money, then go a a Family Vacation with them.

I think this thread has gotten out of hand, and a little backward so.

No, reread my post. The snide way of those saying stay in the cabin, book another vacation was not necessary. Of course share that they are likely to view butt cheeks at the pool. BTW, we do not hide our 15 your old in the kids clubs as you are implying. He wants to be there. I find it laughable that i should force my son to be with us every moment of the day because it is a family vacation. I love the fact that a cruise offers multiple opportunities for families to play together or do their own things. I also love that through our many travels he still chats with kids that he has met. The first time that it was pointed out that the children were likely to see the same or worse at the pool was amusing. For others to jump on the band wagon in such a condescending way is sad. Not only did they steal the material of the original poster who said they were likely at the pool as well, they showed while they were unable to think for themselves, they were mean spirited.

Archived