Dream buttcheaks show

williamson_ja

No, reread my post. The snide way of those saying stay in the cabin, book another vacation was not necessary. Of course share that they are likely to view butt cheeks at the pool. BTW, we do not hide our 15 your old in the kids clubs as you are implying. He wants to be there. I find it laughable that i should force my son to be with us every moment of the day because it is a family vacation. I love the fact that a cruise offers multiple opportunities for families to play together or do their own things. I also love that through our many travels he still chats with kids that he has met. The first time that it was pointed out that the children were likely to see the same or worse at the pool was amusing. For others to jump on the band wagon in such a condescending way is sad. Not only did they steal the material of the original poster who said they were likely at the pool as well, they showed while they were unable to think for themselves, they were mean spirited.

I'm sorry, I did not know the posts were copywrited and we should not be copying them, Please don't turn anyone in for plagiarism!

You sure are making a lot of this thread, lighten up a little, if is just a blog.

Actually, I think it is 100% necessary to let the OP know where he (and his kids) were going to see "skin". If he is worried about the costumes in the shows, which compared to some bathing suits are really benign, then he needs to know he'll need to keep his kids off the open decks during the day because they will most certainly see a lot of skin there. In addition, while it may have seemed snide to say he needs to vacation in Denver, I said that as a realistic alternative. If you are afraid of seeing Zebras, do you go on an African safari? No. This is not rocket science. If you are afraid your kids are going to see scantily clad women, you don't go somewhere they are. You go to somewhere that has people with lots of clothes on. Like Denver in January.

isn't that why he asked the question....so he would know? To me there is a huge difference in a show, where all eyes are paying attention to what goes on onstage, than someone walking around the deck area in similar attire. The kids are usually so engrossed in what they are doing to notice people in bikinis.....most of the time. ;) We knew our son was going to be a boob man at a very early age. Does the attire bother me? No....to see someone ridiculed for gaining a bit of knowledge so they can have a fabulous vacation is awful.

I'm sorry, I did not know the posts were copywrited and we should not be copying them, Please don't turn anyone in for plagiarism!

You sure are making a lot of this thread, lighten up a little, if is just a blog.

one time is funny...over and over is bashing. It's sick. I apologize that i don't find being snide hilarious. I'll have to work on that i guess.

:rolleyes:

OP here. Just wanted to clarify that I am the mom, not the dad of the family. I also agree that this thread has gotten out of hand. I just wanted to know if there were shows that the dancers were more covered up than other shows. It is my choice whether or not to view each of the shows. We'll probably end up going to some of the shows and having a good time together. I just wanted to have a little more information. We've never sailed Carnival before and wanted to know a little more about their style of shows. We all have different ways of raising our families and living our lives. I make different choices than you. When you ask questions about which kind of booze is stronger than another, I don't post in about how I choose not to drink and you shouldn't either. I keep my views to myself and let others make whatever choices they want to. However, when I want information on making a choice for my family that is not as popular, I get told to pretty much "go elsewhere". Can't we just be more tolerant of each other and let us make the choices that we feel are right for ourselves and our family. I never did get information on the actual shows. If you are not going to help me out, I don't really need you telling me to just go away.

I'm taking my family on a cruise on the Dream in Dec. 2011. I am one of those overprotective parents that don't let my kids view inappropriate shows. Which shows on this ship should I stay away from if we don't wish to view the dancers with their buttcheaks hanging out? I know some of you enjoy the view... that's fine for adults. I just don't want my young kids watching ladies dance around 1/2 naked. :eek:

OP, read what you wrote. You specifically said you do not want your kids watching ladies dance around "half naked". Your kids are going to see half naked people on any deck where there is a pool. At no point did I say you were making a wrong decision, or said you should not raise your children the way you are--that is certainly your right. But if you are worried about seeing half naked ladies, a cruise is certainly going to provide that. Both in the shows and on the open decks. My suggestion that you go somewhere cold so people would have more clothes on was simply an alternative (not that you hadn't already thought of it) that you might take into consideration if seeing a lot of skin is an issue for your kids.

I have to say I say I didn't recognize the show that someone posted. We sailed the Dream and my son is14. I did not attend any shows but he enjoyed th comedien. The labeled the earlier show family then the later show was over 17. I believe the shows were the same way . But! We have no interest in the shows and I doubt the kids will either. My son spends all his time in the kids program - his choice! I personally find the shows boring, I would rather go watch a movie. The karaoke was family friendly.

OP here. Just wanted to clarify that I am the mom, not the dad of the family. I also agree that this thread has gotten out of hand. I just wanted to know if there were shows that the dancers were more covered up than other shows. It is my choice whether or not to view each of the shows. We'll probably end up going to some of the shows and having a good time together. I just wanted to have a little more information. We've never sailed Carnival before and wanted to know a little more about their style of shows. We all have different ways of raising our families and living our lives. I make different choices than you. When you ask questions about which kind of booze is stronger than another, I don't post in about how I choose not to drink and you shouldn't either. I keep my views to myself and let others make whatever choices they want to. However, when I want information on making a choice for my family that is not as popular, I get told to pretty much "go elsewhere". Can't we just be more tolerant of each other and let us make the choices that we feel are right for ourselves and our family. I never did get information on the actual shows. If you are not going to help me out, I don't really need you telling me to just go away.

Yes you did......someone even posted pictures..... and it has already been said that they wear thong outfits with body leggings.......so their cheeks are really not bare.......but there will be bare cheeks on the lido deck.....

OP...There have been some good suggestions for the shows given to you.

Sitting in the balcony will limit the exposure that your child has to the dancers.The dancers do dress in costumes and if you feel that this is not appropriate for you and your family my suggestion would be to just attend the welcome aboard show and the legends show at the end of the cruise.

I feel that it was wise of the other posters to give you a heads up on the attire on the lido deck as the bathing suits could be somewhat offensive to you and your family. I don't really know what will bother you as far as dress goes but you really must remember that a cruise is a multi-national vacation and most countries outside of the US don't have the same hang up with the human body that many Americans do. As I have stated in another thread I am an American so I am not bashing or being disrespectful it is just that I have had a chance to travel worldwide and immersed myself in many different cultures and by doing this I have reliezed just how hung up on many things we are in the US. My best suggestion for you would be not to make a big deal about the dress,bathing suits or costumes in front of your children...sorry can't remember if you said child or children.....and by not making a fuss or comment they will probably just ignore the dress and go about enjoying whatever they were doing.

In reallity most people look at thier surroundings but don't really see unless something is brought to thier attention verbally or by being pointed out in some way and this is the reason that eye witness testimony is so unreliable so what they see will probably just fade into the back ground.

Hopefully you all will be enjoying the music, set changes and dancing so much that the costumes will end up being a non-issue

Go forth and enjoy your cruise:D

I'm taking my family on a cruise on the Dream in Dec. 2011. I am one of those overprotective parents that don't let my kids view inappropriate shows. Which shows on this ship should I stay away from if we don't wish to view the dancers with their buttcheaks hanging out? I know some of you enjoy the view... that's fine for adults. I just don't want my young kids watching ladies dance around 1/2 naked. :eek:

None of the people responding to your question have the right to judge you. It is a shame that there is so much negativity directed at others on this board.

Carnival typically notes on your daily "Fun Times" which shows are not appropriate for children. Perhaps you'd feel more comfortable with the kids in Camp Carnival while you enjoy the entertainment. Camp Carnival provides plenty of age appropriate activities for the kids.

Enjoy your cruise with your kids. How lucky they are to be earning cruises toward their Platinum status at a young age!

Just beware - my niece and nephew (9/10) were in Camp Carnival last week on Dream with us - their age group was brought to "Dancin in the Streets." They sat in the center balcony section. They also went on a scavenger hunt - and were in and about the pool area during that. Truthfully, I don't know how you are going to "protect" them on a cruise, or on any vacation, for that matter. We were in Disney this past August, and the resort bathing wear at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach was also string bikinis, speedos (which show graphic "packages" when wet) etc. Maybe if you don't point it out to your kids, they won't notice? Just a quick story - when my kids were 4/7 we went on our first vacation out of the country to Jamaica. We went to FDR's - touted as a nice family resort- which it was. However, the resort next to us was not a "nice family resort" and we shared a beach. It was a clothing optional beach, and no one wore clothing, which we didn't know until we went there the next morning. We had our kids playing in the sand, and a nice guy walks out of the water right up to us and starts a conversation. Now his "thingy" was swaying in the breeze pretty much at my kid's heads level - they never noticed. They were talking to him also! Dh and I were dying a slow death till he walked back in the water. When we asked the kids if they noticed anything - they said "his accent?" Love the innocence of kids!

Disney might be a better fit for you. Just watch out for Ariel, and that show on board. She has a lot of boob showing!;):D

I have to agree with you. The OP needs to be more aware of the pool areas then the nightly shows. More butts and boobs are shown poolside then any place. Of course you have this same problem on Disney.

I went on the Dream in April 2010. Most of the shows were ok. I am not into looking at womens exposed buttocks either. Most of the shows were with guys who do the hip hop dancing - funny how the guys are always covered up, huh? You wil have to check the actvity sheet in case there have been changes. Fantasy ship have more "flesh" than any of the other ships I have been on.

I don't think you will see buttcheeks at any of the Comedian's Shows :D

So, it looks like the karaoke, family comedian, legends show, and perhaps the welcome aboard shows would be the ones we would feel more comfortable with from what people have posted here. I definitely know that people will be wearing swim attire on decks. The difference to me (as is posted by another) is that if someone on deck is wearing something revealing, I'm not going to sit and stare at them for an hour as my entertainment. You just continue with what you are doing and not pay too much attention to them. I know most of you don't understand this point of view. That's okay. I was just looking for some information. I think I have what I need now. Thanks to those that were helpful. :)

No, you cannot take them to the Welcome Aboard show.

First, it's at 10:30 at night.

There will be female passengersds throwing their buttcheeks into the laps of male passengers, trying to break balloons, among other things, as well as taking a spoon on a string to go up and down the pantlegs and dresses of a line of selected passengers.

I guess I have been lucky(or unlucky, depending on your point of view), but very often the butt cheeks are bare-no leggings- in the shows I have seen on Carnival.

I enjoy the shows, but quite frankly I am not sure how they can be described as tasteful. Often there is very suggestive choreography that goes along with the costumes. Sometimes it is playful and humerous, other times it's not.

OP - talk with the cruise director or 1 of the dancers( they work the bingo sessions). They can tell you which shows have thongs.

Sorry, but none of the evening production shows indicate age appropriate.

You would see the same stuff on TV rated G.

Even George Reeves showed butt cheeks in the 50's.

Speaking of TV, the butt cheeks will be there also, when they show the video of the cruise, and it will include the pool area, the shows, the contests, everything,

Archived