Dream buttcheaks show

williamson_ja

I'm taking my family on a cruise on the Dream in Dec. 2011. I am one of those overprotective parents that don't let my kids view inappropriate shows. Which shows on this ship should I stay away from if we don't wish to view the dancers with their buttcheaks hanging out? I know some of you enjoy the view... that's fine for adults. I just don't want my young kids watching ladies dance around 1/2 naked. :eek:

What are the dangers of buttcheeks?

Our daughter who was 5 at the time paraded around our cabin putting her underwear in a wedgie.

She proclaimed, "I'M A SHOWGIRL!"

BTW, the answer to you question is none. The buttcheeks are covered by body leggings. There are no bare buttcheeks in any show.

I would be more worried about the "inappropiate shows" by the other cruisers or people in the ports vs. the staged entertainment which is usually classy and more easily explainable to children. Dancers are just in costumes. Drunk or moraless cruisers are another whole story.

I'm taking my family on a cruise on the Dream in Dec. 2011. I am one of those overprotective parents that don't let my kids view inappropriate shows. Which shows on this ship should I stay away from if we don't wish to view the dancers with their buttcheaks hanging out? I know some of you enjoy the view... that's fine for adults. I just don't want my young kids watching ladies dance around 1/2 naked. :eek:

Good thing you didn't book the Pride:eek: Blinders wouldn't even suffice!

I would be more worried about the "inappropiate shows" by the other cruisers or people in the ports vs. the staged entertainment which is usually classy and more easily explainable to children. Dancers are just in costumes. Drunk or moraless cruisers are another whole story.

I'll second that sentiment.

I commend you for teaching your children good morals! Good for you!!

I would go to the guest services desk when you board and ask them your question. They should know exactly what the costumes are for each show.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am one of those overprotective parents that don't let my kids view inappropriate shows.

Check out the Fun Times. You may want to avoid the "Vegas Style" shows at the main theatre. Also, you may want to avoid all outdoor decks, the pool areas, any lounges along the promenade deck. Definitely avoid comedy shows, even if they're considered "family friendly". You should also avoid going ashore, and going to any beach (remember, many of these destinations attract tourists from countries with much more liberal views about what's appropriate). Hot Tubs should be off limit at all times. Absolutely avoid a stroll along the open decks at night.

I know that my answer may sound a bit sarcastic, but I'm being serious. Some of the most revealing and questionable behavior I've seen onboard cruises didn't come from these "Vegas Style" shows, but from fellow passengers. I still have visions of an elderly, drunk woman in a revealing bikini showing her butt crack, holding a beer and grinding against random passengers on the Lido deck aboard the Sensation.

At least the "butt-cheek" hanging at the main theatre is done in a professional manner! :)

I would not worry about the shows as much as I would worry about the clothing other people wear. many bathing suits hand out breasts and butt. Alot of summer cloths do as well. And some dresses I have seen on formal night a re cut up really high and cut really low. I understand you feelings but, I also know that in the real world people dress like that and it is hard to shelter kids from the real world

OP, I'm going to have to second (and third and fourth) what others have said. If you are concerned about your children seeing a butt in a costume or otherwise, perhaps vacationing somewhere it snows would be a better option for you and your family. While the costumes of the showgirls do contain thong type wear, as another pointed out, all the dancers have on full body tights (flesh colored), so in theory, you are not REALLY seeing skin.

Compare that to the pool area of any pool. We have always seen thongs on women (and some men, which seems MUCH more difficult to explain, IMHO), and bathing suit tops on women that leave very little to the imagination. These DO show real, live, in person skin. So, that being said, sad to say, if you are worried about this type of "show", I'm thinking Denver in January might be more your speed.

All the shows have costumes.. they're shows! Call me a horrible parent, but when we go on a family cruise, that's what we do, we see the shows after dinner. They are fun shows!:D By far, "our", (meaning DH and myself, and DDs that are 4, 11 and DS that's 6) favorite one yet was the ending show on the Triumph, some tribute to New Orleans. It's was awesomely over the top and entertaining. My kids still have some of the beads they flung out at the end:p

It's all done in good taste, of course trust your own judgment, but I'd give them a chance!

If you want to avoid the looking-up-at-buttcheeks experience, then sit in the balcony. If your kids are looking down, then they might not even notice that the dancers are in thongs. If anything, avoid the first 5-10 rows if you want to keep your kids from... :eek:

That would be all of the pools on both the ship and the beaches.

Most models, women music performers, and many women characters on TV shows/movies tend to dress more scantily than the dancers on the stage shows. The amount of time that they have their skimpiest bottoms (which are more like thongs with a little extra material) is no much at all due to the number of costume changes they have during a show....

Chances are most kids before they go to Grade 1 have seen some pretty skanky women in TV, movies, and music videos wearing much less. In Canada we have more relaxed sensorship (more European standards) for TV and it is very possible that you may see a topless woman on a TV show on a serious drama or a show later at night...

Are you planning on keeping the kids out of the pool? Off the beaches? They're going to see a lot more there then they will at any show. Throughout several million years of human history, not one person has been injured from seeing a tushy, so I think the kids will be safe. Making a bigger deal out of it than it is, might subconsciously give the kids the wrong message.

Archived