Power outlets on Dawn Princess

kiwipete

Hi all you Dawn cruisers.

Please can you advise me of the power plugs and voltage on the Dawn.

Is it still fitted with the N American sockets at 110 volts or, now it is based in Australia, has it been changed to the Aus / NZ sockets operating at 230 volts.

Thanks for your help.

We were on Sun Princess in April 2009.. I used to say last year but cant do that anymoe:mad:

We were in an aft Mini Suite and although the ship has been Australianised. in fact only the main power outlet in the general area had an OZ plug. Others in the desk area and the bedroom were still US plugs. They were used to power the lamps etc. Not sure about the voltage..but obviously the OZ plug was 220v

Should not be too much of an issue as most portable devices (with transformers) can handle voltage variations between 110 -240

cheers

• 2 years later...

Just got off the Dawn on November 15. We had a mini-suite. The only Aussie plug (angled blades and 220V) was over the desk in the entry. The plugs by the desk with the hair dryer as well as the plugs for the TVs were US and 110V. The bathroom plug was dual 110V and 220V but low current, good for shavers and recharging toothbrushes. The lights were plugged in with European style (two round pins and 220V) plugs.

Edited by beg3yrs

G'day

I received an email response today from Princess Cruises:

Thank you for your email. To clarify the situation "your cabin will have an Australian power point within it".

Do have a fantastic time onboard Dawn Princess!

Kindest regards,

Princess Cruises

So I guess that sorts out that issue: No need for any transformers, but with one power point and numerous phones, cameras etc to charge, perhaps a surge safe power board!

Cheers

Kristine

Edited by Uralba