Balconys and bugs?

nhquilter1

Be considerate, some people like it cool/cold when sleeping and on many ships when the balcony door is left open it will shut off the A/C in a row of cabins and not only your own.

Move the mattress outside if you want to sleep in atmosphere....:D

i didn't know that, thanks for the advise. We have never left the door open, but I was considering it for our next cruise. I will forget that right now.

Nita

On the Dawn we were sandwiched between neighbors who liked to sit on their balconies while listening to the news. Really loud. All the time. We go on cruises to escape the news... That's the only time we've been really aware of neighbors. If it ever happens again, I think I might call the front desk.

THAT would be irritating! The only time I've heard people on a balcony was in Glacier Bay....all that oooohhhing and ahhhhhing from everyone outside. It was kind of fun.

Weather permitting' date=' we always sleep with the balcony door open. Although we have learned to close the sheer curtain across the opening as one morning we woke up while at sea with a bird sitting on the back of the chair on the balcony. Would have been so easy for that bird to fly into the room :eek:[/color']

Last year on the Pearl, during a sea day, we had the balcony door open. Sure enough a bird did fly into the room and then into the bedroom (we were in an AB suite). It flew around for several minutes and we finally got it to fly back out. It was surreal. We weren't close to land, no other birds in site. Luckily, it didn't poop on anything.

I don't think most bugs can live in the ocean...wouldn't they need some type of land/dirt to land on? Most can't really swim, and I dunno what they would eat out at sea? Unless it was fly that was trapped inside from when you were in port...:)

You are correct. Insects have failed to conquer the ocean. They require fresh water or land to survive.

Had that happened to me one time too. By reading this, made me laugh out loud...I think I scared the dogs too!. ha ha :D:D:D

One other thing to keep in mind - DO NOT open the cabin door (to the hallway) if you have the balconcy door open' date=' it's like a tornado going through your cabin :eek:[/color']

Archived