Need Help Deciding

yorkiemomjn

We need to decide between Baltic Treasures - 10 Day - Balcony - Marina

(Copenhagan to Stockholm) - Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Ronne, Gdansk, Visby, Riga, Tallin, St.Petersburg, Helsinki)

OR giving up the Baltic Treasures for:

Route of the Vikings 14-Day - Penthouse - Marina

(Copenhagen to London) - ports in Norway, Scotland, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland,

and one day cruising the Atlantic and one day cruising the English Channel

We would appreciate any input anyone has to help us make this decision.

It's a very difficult (and a personal) decision as they are very different itineraries. Only you know which places you want to see more (or have been to/ or are more/less likely to return to).

Personally I like the Baltic cruise as it has great cities on either end to explore before and after the cruise and how can you beat St. Petersburg? This cruise is more about big cities, the other more about nature (Norway, Iceland). They are both great.

JMO.

Pick both :D

I would do the one that works best for you

What ports are you most interested in seeing?

We have done some ports on both cruises & we enjoyed them all

It is hard to choose not knowing where you have been before & what your interests are.

Enjoy whatever one you choose

Lyn

It's a very difficult (and a personal) decision as they are very different itineraries. Only you know which places you want to see more (or have been to/ or are more/less likely to return to).

Personally I like the Baltic cruise as it has great cities on either end to explore before and after the cruise and how can you beat St. Petersburg? This cruise is more about big cities, the other more about nature (Norway, Iceland). They are both great.

JMO.

After researching ports, reviews, etc. on CC, we have reached the same conclusion--------one is more about scenery/nature. We have not been to any of these ports, but we prefer history, culture, architecture more than nature/wildlife. SPB is high on our list of places to visit, so we are going to stick with the cruise we are already booked on. I guess the PH offer was tempting because we would never pay those prices, but the itinerary is more important than the room to us!

Thanks again for your opinion!:D

Pick both :D

I would do the one that works best for you

What ports are you most interested in seeing?

We have done some ports on both cruises & we enjoyed them all

It is hard to choose not knowing where you have been before & what your interests are.

Enjoy whatever one you choose

Lyn

I should have given more details, but I just replied to PaulChili that we have not been to any of these ports, but have decided to stay with the cruise we are booked on.

Thank you for replying!:)

After researching ports, reviews, etc. on CC, we have reached the same conclusion--------one is more about scenery/nature. We have not been to any of these ports, but we prefer history, culture, architecture more than nature/wildlife. SPB is high on our list of places to visit, so we are going to stick with the cruise we are already booked on. I guess the PH offer was tempting because we would never pay those prices, but the itinerary is more important than the room to us!

Thanks again for your opinion!:D

You are welcome. I think you will enjoy this cruise. We did a similar one on O in 2006. The only difficult decision on this one is whether it is worth going to Berlin for the day or not.

Gdansk, Riga and Tallin are all small gems; SPB speaks for itself.

Judy, After all the discussions we had a few months ago about air conditioned hotels in Copenhagen, I thought you were going to switch over to my Route of the Vikings cruise and stay in the Imperial Hotel with us. Did Oceania offer to switch you over to the other cruise? The Viking one still has a fair amount of availability, but as I answered when you posted a similar question on the Europe board, you can't beat the itinerary of the Baltics. That said, 2 weeks in a PH trumps ten days in a balcony. Either way, as my father used to say, "If you don't have a great time, you have only yourself to blame" - LOL

Judy, After all the discussions we had a few months ago about air conditioned hotels in Copenhagen, I thought you were going to switch over to my Route of the Vikings cruise and stay in the Imperial Hotel with us. Did Oceania offer to switch you over to the other cruise? The Viking one still has a fair amount of availability, but as I answered when you posted a similar question on the Europe board, you can't beat the itinerary of the Baltics. That said, 2 weeks in a PH trumps ten days in a balcony. Either way, as my father used to say, "If you don't have a great time, you have only yourself to blame" - LOL

Hi Benita,

No, I never considered changing to the Route of the Vikings until our TA

called us with the offer of a PH if we did change. We might be sorry for

passing up a chance to stay in a PH, but we really want to see SPB and all

the other wonderful ports on our Baltic Treasures cruise. We are staying at the Imperial Hotel in Copenhagen though!

We will be at the Imperial a week after you leave. If you have internet and get a chance to post how the hotel is, I would appreciate it. You are in for a treat - we have sailed on almost every itinerary in Europe and the Baltics was our favorite, by far.

We will be at the Imperial a week after you leave. If you have internet and get a chance to post how the hotel is, I would appreciate it. You are in for a treat - we have sailed on almost every itinerary in Europe and the Baltics was our favorite, by far.

I will post if possible. That is great to hear about the Baltics, but I can't imagine anything being better than Italy!!! :)

Italy is the best place in the world to visit, IMHO, but the Baltics are a better place to cruise. The cities are so reachable by water - my favorite places in Italy are not too reachable by cruise ship - Florence, Lake Como, and Tuscany.

Italy is the best place in the world to visit, IMHO, but the Baltics are a better place to cruise. The cities are so reachable by water - my favorite places in Italy are not too reachable by cruise ship - Florence, Lake Como, and Tuscany.

Oh, but don't forget about Amalfi, Positano,

and Sorrento........................ :D

Those are beautiful ports - we went there on the Insignia, which substituted those ports when it became too impractical to visit Libya a few years ago - but they still don't have all the attractions of the Baltics. It is a good compromise between the scenery of the Vikings cruise and the fabulous cities in the Baltics. Italy does have my favorite port of all - Livorno, from which you can take the local ferry to the Cinque Terre - beautiful towns built into the seaside.

Those are beautiful ports - we went there on the Insignia, which substituted those ports when it became too impractical to visit Libya a few years ago - but they still don't have all the attractions of the Baltics. It is a good compromise between the scenery of the Vikings cruise and the fabulous cities in the Baltics. Italy does have my favorite port of all - Livorno, from which you can take the local ferry to the Cinque Terre - beautiful towns built into the seaside.

Oh, the Cinque Terre is on my list! We also loved Florence! On our cruise last spring when we docked in Livorno we had planned to go to Lucca, but as soon as we got off the Regatta, we turned around and got right back on. It was very cold and rainy. Oh, sad for the people that had never been to Florence.:( Just the day before we had been in Portofino and it was beautiful---warm and sunny!:confused: But we had a relaxing day on the ship-----massages and reading..........:p

Archived