Coco Cay and beverage package use

BOLOTRAVEL

Just spoke with Celebrity. Beverage packages are not good on the Celebrity private island. I guess the $400 package isn't enough. :eek: I'll have to pay $8 per drink on the Celebrity island. I was told I can bring bottled H2O or Soda, but no beer, etc.

Their fuzzy logic is that it is a port day, and if it were a city that you were visiting, you would pay for drinks ashore. We, on the other hand, see it as a sea day. Plan on your drinks beside the pool and go ashore for a brief, sober :( visit.

I purchased the Premium Non-Alcoholic package and was able to use it on CoCo Cay with no problem when I was on the Celebrity MERCURY Dec. 11-20, 2010.

I'll try and see if it works. :D

The rep at Celebrity was unclear at first, but then asked his supervisor and was told the Beverage Package is not for use on their island. The rep was actually surprised we can't use the package. The trip will still be a great time. After all it will be a cruise vacation!!

• 4 weeks later...

My beverage package worked as well. While disembarking, I asked the officer if I could "purchase" a bottle of water before boarding the tender. She looked at me quizzically and she told me they had free water on the island. I inquired about bottled water and she told me all beverage packages would work.

The bartenders were really great, they let both my friend and I take more than one drink each so we didn't have to return. Of course, we gratefully tipped in response.

I'll try and see if it works. :D

The rep at Celebrity was unclear at first, but then asked his supervisor and was told the Beverage Package is not for use on their island. The rep was actually surprised we can't use the package. The trip will still be a great time. After all it will be a cruise vacation!!

I haven't tried to use a drink package on Coco Cay before, but take what the rep told you with a grain of salt. I had a phone rep for Royal once tell me I could not book a Celebrity cruise while onboard a Royal ship, which if course is not true at all; I've done it. Based on a variety of posts, it's a safe to say that the phone reps and their supervisors often give out information that is flat out wrong.

Archived