Tube from King's Cross to St Pancras quesion

I am looking at the tube/train map for London and it looks like King's Cross/St Pancras is one stop. I need to get to the Eurostar platform in St Pancras. Is this all at the same location?? If not what is the best way to get to the Eurostar train at St Pancras from Paddington area.

Thanks!

Yes, Kings Cross/St Pancras are the same stop/interchange on the tube. It will be well signposted to St P and the Eurostar. However, it can be a bit of a pain with luggage up and down the stairs on the tube, so consider using a black cab from Paddington to St P. More expensive I know (hopefully not more than £15), but a lot easier.

Simon

Here's a useful guide for taxi prices (make sure you take a licensed taxi):

TFL Taxi Fares

It looks to be about 2 and a half miles from Paddington Station to St. Pancras.

Kings Cross/St. Pancras does have step free access from the Circle/Hammersmith & City Lines (which you would use from Paddington) up to street level, so the luggage shouldn't be too much a problem if you decide to use the Underground.

However, it can be a bit of a pain with luggage up and down the stairs on the tube ...
It's not an issue for the OP, I know - but I believe that the new Kings Cross/St Pancras Tube station should have step free access to all lines except the Northern Line.

First of all, we will NOT have any luggage. Second, We don't mind walking long distance. If the signage is good and I had an idea about how long the walk is, that would help.

We did have luggage and, while I couldn't tell you exactly how long it took, it was only minutes. This is how it displays on Google Maps I think we walked across the courtyard between the 2 buildings?

Kings Cross and St Pancras mainline stations are separated by a road. That's all it is: they're on opposite sides of the same road.

If you arrive at Kings Cross St Pancras Tube station by Tube, even that won't be an issue. You just follow the signs for St Pancras mainline station and that's where you will be.

Archived