Elite

User Error

Elite is the highest level of the Captain's Circle. To reach it you must have at least 15 cruise credits or 150 nights on Princess ships.

Platinum is the level below Elite. To reach it you must have at least 5 cruise credits or 50 nights.

Elite is the highest level of the Captain's Circle. To reach it you must have at least 15 cruise credits or 150 nights on Princess ships.

Platinum is the level below Elite. To reach it you must have at least 5 cruise credits or 50 nights.

And the benefits begin on your next cruise after reaching these levels. We've made it to Platinum and have five more cruises before we make it to Elite. I'm aiming to take them in the next six years so that when we retire we'll be able to take longer cruises and get the free laundry service.

In addition to the benefits mentioned on the Princess website, ships began offering an evening cocktail time for Platinum, Elite, and suite guests. They have a drink special each day for the cocktail time and serve cheese and crackers, vegetables and dip, and a specialty of the day. On the Island Princess last month, the cocktail time was from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. in a quiet corner of the Explorers Lounge.

I dont really get it.

I'm a first time cruiser on Princess and have paid a lot of money to go on this cruise yet I will see others getting something that I've not "qualified" for.

Doesnt make me feel like coming back.

Surely it would be better to reward "Elite" etc with slightly discounted prices/upgrades etc.

Some of us dont have the money or indeed time because of work etc to cruise all the time.

Seems a bit snobby and silly to me.....

Nothing against any of you folks here who enjoy these perks just my own personal thoughts- I dont feel its a good way of attracting new customers...

I dont really get it.

I'm a first time cruiser on Princess and have paid a lot of money to go on this cruise yet I will see others getting something that I've not "qualified" for.

Surely it would be better to reward "Elite" etc with slightly discounted prices/upgrades etc.

Some of us dont have the money or indeed time because of work etc to cruise all the time.

Nothing against any of you folks here who enjoy these perks just my own personal thoughts- I dont feel its a good way of attracting new customers...

Sorry. You will find that most (all?) cruise lines have repeat customer programs that are similar. They each have different perks and different eligibility requirements, but they are all similar. They all require you to sail with them several times and they all give better perks to those with higher numbers of cruises and/or days cruising.

I dont really get it.

If you were told that the more you cruise the more you get, and the service would excel even more than the wonderful service you would naturally be getting, wouldn't that be an incentive to continue to cruise with that particular line?

It didn't discourage me, it just made me want to cruise Princess more. Other lines also have incentive programs of which I take advantage of, as well!

You may only be able to cruise once in a while but it's nice to know that each cruise you book will go towards more benefits for you.

It works for me and many thousands of others.

I dont really get it.

Why is this a surprise to you and that, as a first time cruiseer, you are entitled to something "MORE" than a level of service and accommodation you paid for? Is this the first time you have ever traveled?? Airlines have the same concept with frequent flyer programs as hotel chains do with their "frequent stayers" programs.

The perks are designed to attract repeat customers...not neceassarily new ones... just like airlines, hotels, car rental agencies,e tc...

Sorry. You will find that most (all?) cruise lines have repeat customer programs that are similar. They each have different perks and different eligibility requirements, but they are all similar. They all require you to sail with them several times and they all give better perks to those with higher numbers of cruises and/or days cruising.

Dont get me wrong, I know they all do it- it just seems a bit snobby

Looked at the link and I'm not worried about a Gold Pin or having shoes shined for me.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm paying for a holiday that is my first in 8 years because of the job that I do and I intend to enjoy myself to the full. My Job dictates that I would never be able to notch up the cruises required.

However reading several posts on here over the past few months it would appear that some (not all) "Elite" passengers class themselves a bit higher than other passengers and for what? A passport with stamps in? A free cocktail at 5pm?

However, I certainly do see the logic behind rewarding returning customers- just not sure that some of the perks ARE perks!!!

Ive got visions now of walking around the ship in June and seeing lots of people brandishing their Gold Pins......Bet they dont float!!!!!!

Looked at the link and I'm not worried about a Gold Pin or having shoes shined for me.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm paying for a holiday that is my first in 8 years because of the job that I do and I intend to enjoy myself to the full. My Job dictates that I would never be able to notch up the cruises required.

However reading several posts on here over the past few months it would appear that some (not all) "Elite" passengers class themselves a bit higher than other passengers and for what? A passport with stamps in? A free cocktail at 5pm?

However, I certainly do see the logic behind rewarding returning customers- just not sure that some of the perks ARE perks!!!

Ive got visions now of walking around the ship in June and seeing lots of people brandishing their Gold Pins......Bet they dont float!!!!!!

Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like jealousy to me!

Somehow you've got a wrong impression of folks who have favored Princess and have received "perks".

We have been on 18 Princess cruises, and are elite... I have yet to see a single person wear any type of pin nor have I heard anyone crow about their Captain Circle status. In fact, I don't think we have ever received pins...if we have, they were thrown somewhere in a junk drawer with other invaulable items.

We are there to enjoy the cruise and appreciate the "perks" that Princess is giving us because of our brand loyality.

I dont really get it.

Reward programs are everywhere & additional perks are given to their most frequent customers...so why shouldn't cruise lines? They're a marketing tool to develope customer loyalty which has worked well. I don't understand how it's 'silly' or 'snobby' for any loyalty program to give incentive to become one of their most loyal customers...whether with airlines, hotels, stores...or cruiselines. :rolleyes:

If you book a full suite, you will get the same benefits as those Elite members (and many more). It is one way to bypass the system of taking over 15 Princess cruises or sailing over 150 days on Princess ships to get those rewards.

It would make no sense at all to extend the extra perks to those first time Princess cruisers, as a reward for what? The Captain's Circle is a past passenger rewards program, and nothing more. Hope you enjoy your vacation, and remember, there was a time that many of us could not afford to cruise often either, and it took many many years of only cruising very rarely to build up the status in the Captain's Circle. You may have paid a lot for your cruise, but some of these Elite members have paid well over $100,000+ over the years they have sailed with Princess. I feel they definitely deserve some rewards for spending that king of money on one cruise line. ;)

Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like jealousy to me!

Ha Ha...Yeh... probably...:rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong folks, Only posted this cause I see a lot of "Captains Circle/Elite/Platinum" mentions and wanted to know what the fuss was all about.

You'll have to excuse my sense of humour....I'm very sarcastic...

Please dont think I'm criticising anyone who has achieved these perks and I do intend commend you and hope you enjoy them, I just would have thought that a better perk would be upgrades etc.or even discounts...

Why not knock 5% off all Platinum on board accounts and 10% off Elite...Might make people spend more........

Dont get me wrong, I know they all do it- it just seems a bit snobby........................................................Ive got visions now of walking around the ship in June and seeing lots of people brandishing their Gold Pins......Bet they dont float!!!!!!

Why do you think it's snobby? We earned the status by paying for the cruises required to get to that level. It's like saying that people who can afford suites are snobby. Or how about those that fly business class/first class? Are they snobby too?

Why shouldn't we enjoy what we've earned? You have the very same opportunity to gain Elite/Platinum status.

Why not knock 5% off all Platinum on board accounts and 10% off Elite...Might make people spend more........

In a sense, Princess rewards newer cruisers with an opportunity for onboard credits by presenting the opportunity to buy future cruises when booked on board (specific cruise and dates not required.. )...and you will get $50 and up onboard credit per person when doing so...no matter what your Captain Circle status.

Something you might want to look at when you are on your cruise....

Dont get me wrong folks, Only posted this cause I see a lot of "Captains Circle/Elite/Platinum" mentions and wanted to know what the fuss was all about.

You'll have to excuse my sense of humour....I'm very sarcastic...

Please dont think I'm criticising anyone who has achieved these perks and I do intend commend you and hope you enjoy them, I just would have thought that a better perk would be upgrades etc.or even discounts...

I think most of us that are Elite or Platinum, are much more interested in the perks than the bragging rights. I am Elite. I get free laundry on each cruise. I get an internet credit on each cruise. So far this credit has always covered my use. I get a free mini bar setup and a free pass to the wine tasting. When we are in a port that requires tendering, I get priority which means I get on the next tender when I show up at the gangway.

I dont really get it.

For what it cost to become Elite trust me the perks are not that great. Fire away my Elite buddies..

For what it cost to become Elite trust me the perks are not that great. Fire away my Elite buddies..

Thats very true...

and that is why at the Captains Circle Cocktail Party

I take great delight in wearing my Elite Pin.

Apart from being the only time I get to wear it,

its the most expensive piece of "bling" I will ever own:D

Thats very true...

No question, the benefits are not worth the cost of earning them. However, I sure enjoyed all those cruise that got me to Elite and I will take the benefits they are giving me.

Thats very true...

Boy, aint that the truth. My DH suggested that I could probably buy that new Engagement Ring faster if I gave-up a few cruises.

Let's see: "Ring"...."Cruise"....."Ring"....."Cruise"....What do you think I chose?

I hope I'm not the only one who does this but when I'm walking down the hallways do you look to see how many black or gold nameplates are on the cabin doors. And, when someone is presenting their key-card do you look to see what color it is?

Talk about snobbery!!!! :rolleyes:

No question, the benefits are not worth the cost of earning them. However, I sure enjoyed all those cruise that got me to Elite and I will take the benefits they are giving me.

Since we started cruising long before there were any benefits given to those that sailed a lot on Princess, I guess we just feel they are now a nice 'little' perk. But even without them, I would still cruise princess (we have tried most of the other mainstream cruise lines and always came back to Princess). So, sailing on Princess really doesn't have a lot to do with the Elite perks for us. ;)

Apparently none of you folks cruised with Princess before the Blue, Gold, Platinum and elite statuses were initiated. They gave out pins for various stages of loyalty bgoing to the maximum of Commodore which we still have all of the pins for. There were NO perks attached, yet we proudly wore our pins on formal night and to the Captains Circle events.

We DO NOTwave our black cards around and we DO NOT feel we are special, yet we do enjoy the benefits that come with loyalty.

Archived