happy hour in Barcelona

btorlv

I have not seen "happy hours" in Barcelona.

Drinking local wine is not particularly expensive to begin with. Not sure what you would call "reasonable"in terms of $$s?? Do you have a number in mind??

There is a lot of great food to be found at all price ranges.

Eating the menu del dia(menu of the day) for lunch is the best bargain.Usually it is 3 courses for a set price. You will see signs and menus outside restaurants. There are not the extra charges you see in Italy.

One inexpensive place for seafood is La Paradeta. You pick your fish/seafood and they cook it for you. It is kind of like our local seafood market restaurants. Not really table service and not really fast food.

WHERE are you staying?? Try not to eat right on Las Ramblas--touristy food for touristy prices.

We are staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar one nite post cruise. Still need to find a hotel 2 nites pre cruise. We are looking for somthing more simple then the Hilton. The lunch idea sounds really great thanks for your help.

I have stayed twice at the Onix Rambla Hotel.

It is NOT on the touristy Las Ramblas but is on Rambla Catalunya just above Placa Catalunya, the main square.

A "rambla" is a wide pedestrian boulevard.

Rambla Catalunya is a central location with lovely outdoor cafes,wine ship, bakery etc.

There are other hotels there too. You might take a look at that area for your pre stay.

Your Hilton is not the best location for a first visit to sightsee. It would be more a place to relax at the seaside.

As for Happy Hour....I don't know whether a sophisticated city such as Barcelona has this- probably in some touristy spots...

But Spain, especially the Spanish Costas, is where I first met with this idea, over 30 years ago!:D

Jo.

Archived