Received room assignment on Verandah - under the Lido deck--Will it be noisy?

StarboardIndigo

Hi everyone. We are travelling on the Glory in February and it seems we've received a room assignment on 8338 (Verandah) which is midship according to the deckplan. It appears the Lido deck with the pool/redsail buffets are on that deck. Should I stick with the assignment or call for a different room/deck assignment and if so, which one? Thank you for your sage advice.

I guess it depends on exactly where under the Lido deck you are.

I was under the Lido on the Miracle (when I was a rookie and didn't know better). I'll never do that again. Every night at 3:00am we were awakened by the scraping of deck chairs as they stacked them to mop the decks. :mad:

Hi everyone. We are travelling on the Glory in February and it seems we've received a room assignment on 8338 (Verandah) which is midship according to the deckplan. It appears the Lido deck with the pool/redsail buffets are on that deck. Should I stick with the assignment or call for a different room/deck assignment and if so, which one? Thank you for your sage advice.

I would agree with the other comment left. I've never booked under the Lido deck, but a friend of mine did, and they were miserable the entire 7 day cruise, in fact, they came to my room to sleep which was on Deck 6 on the Carnival Victory. If it's not too late, see if you can move cabins.

If you booked a guarantee .. you would have to pay to change cabins .. but if you are directly under the wooden slats where they drag lounge chairs around .. I guess you might need to bring ear plugs.

Carnival does not change guarantees and specially says on the TA site to its TAs to not ask. Part of taking a gty means you agree they can put you anywhere .. opps.

I didnt look to see how bad, but you can click and drag decks on top of each other at cruisedeckplans site.

It depends on what time you go to bed

They seem to clean the decks around 3 am and it lasts for hours .. that covers most people's sleeping time to me..

Just what Iv been told .. wennfred said he was never booking another gty and I believe him.

You're cabin is below the carpeted area in the Red Sail Restaurant. There should be little to no noise from above.

The problem comes when you have a cabin below the Lido Deck pool area. The chairs make a nasty scraping sound when they begin moving them about as they clean. You'll be fine where you are and, in fact, that's a very handy location.

Enjoy your cruise.

:)

Thank you everyone-I am on the phone with them now. It was a guarantee rate but they are changing me to a room on Lido (the person on the phone happened to be on Verandah too and sympathized w/ the situation). Yay!

Op, there is a lesson here. I think you kind of lucked out this time. In the future, don't go with a guarantee room if you can live the results. You will better off in the end.;)

You're cabin is below the carpeted area in the Red Sail Restaurant. There should be little to no noise from above.

The problem comes when you have a cabin below the Lido Deck pool area. The chairs make a nasty scraping sound when they begin moving them about as they clean. You'll be fine where you are and, in fact, that's a very handy location.

Enjoy your cruise.

:)

Always wondered what the banging scraping noise was.... ;) Leave it up to someone who sleeps little to go and find out. :)

Thank you everyone-I am on the phone with them now. It was a guarantee rate but they are changing me to a room on Lido (the person on the phone happened to be on Verandah too and sympathized w/ the situation). Yay!

I'm glad you got it changed. Looked to me like it was right under where chairs would be moved near the turquoise pool.

I was just off the Liberty and was on the Verandah deck room 8304. We could hear the deck chairs being moved on the Lido deck, however that was only when we had the Balcony door open, I never heard anything at night. But I would assume if I would have been further towards the back of the boat the noice would have been worse. I wouldn't book Verandah in the back of the boat, just my opinion.

Archived