Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

This is my RC cruise history & I have 38 points. I had 5, so I have no clue how they figured it. One was a balcony but none were jr. suites or suites.

7 night

4 night

7 night

7 night

4 night

Its the magical math. ;) They did it that way so you would still be Platinum in the new system, as you would have been with your five previous points.

Thanks - Goodness... I sure do understand why some folks are none too happy. After the same 3 Cruises, It will bounce the new Member right past the current Member by 11 Days. Ouch.

But the new member has to take some time to take those three eleven night cruises.

By then the experienced cruiser will probably have taken FIVE more cruises.

;)

This is my RC cruise history & I have 38 points. I had 5, so I have no clue how they figured it. One was a balcony but none were jr. suites or suites.

7 night

4 night

7 night

7 night

4 night

For the quadrillionth time, this is the conversion chart.

5 cruise credits = 38 cruise points

As previously reported there is a conversion calculator on the RCCL C&A site.

I know a little bit about web-based calculators... theirs accommodates cruise credits up to 500 :eek: but for practical purposes, here is their official conversion table for 1 through 100 Cruise Credits, which takes you up to the new Pinnacle level:

The format is Old Cruise Credits => New Cruise Points => New Membership Level

1 => 8 => GOLD
2 => 15 => GOLD
3 => 22 => GOLD
4 => 29 => GOLD
5 => 38 => PLATINUM
6 => 45 => PLATINUM
7 => 52 => PLATINUM
8 => 69 => EMERALD
9 => 76 => EMERALD
10 => 83 => DIAMOND
11 => 90 => DIAMOND
12 => 97 => DIAMOND
13 => 104 => DIAMOND
14 => 111 => DIAMOND
15 => 118 => DIAMOND
16 => 125 => DIAMOND
17 => 132 => DIAMOND
18 => 139 => DIAMOND
19 => 146 => DIAMOND
20 => 153 => DIAMOND
21 => 160 => DIAMOND
22 => 167 => DIAMOND
23 => 174 => DIAMOND
24 => 181 => DIAMOND PLUS
25 => 188 => DIAMOND PLUS
26 => 195 => DIAMOND PLUS
27 => 202 => DIAMOND PLUS
28 => 209 => DIAMOND PLUS
29 => 216 => DIAMOND PLUS
30 => 223 => DIAMOND PLUS
31 => 230 => DIAMOND PLUS
32 => 237 => DIAMOND PLUS
33 => 244 => DIAMOND PLUS
34 => 251 => DIAMOND PLUS
35 => 258 => DIAMOND PLUS
36 => 265 => DIAMOND PLUS
37 => 272 => DIAMOND PLUS
38 => 279 => DIAMOND PLUS
39 => 286 => DIAMOND PLUS
40 => 293 => DIAMOND PLUS
41 => 300 => DIAMOND PLUS
42 => 307 => DIAMOND PLUS
43 => 314 => DIAMOND PLUS
44 => 321 => DIAMOND PLUS
45 => 328 => DIAMOND PLUS
46 => 335 => DIAMOND PLUS
47 => 342 => DIAMOND PLUS
48 => 349 => DIAMOND PLUS
49 => 356 => DIAMOND PLUS
50 => 363 => DIAMOND PLUS
51 => 370 => DIAMOND PLUS
52 => 377 => DIAMOND PLUS
53 => 384 => DIAMOND PLUS
54 => 391 => DIAMOND PLUS
55 => 398 => DIAMOND PLUS
56 => 405 => DIAMOND PLUS
57 => 412 => DIAMOND PLUS
58 => 419 => DIAMOND PLUS
59 => 426 => DIAMOND PLUS
60 => 433 => DIAMOND PLUS
61 => 440 => DIAMOND PLUS
62 => 447 => DIAMOND PLUS
63 => 454 => DIAMOND PLUS
64 => 461 => DIAMOND PLUS
65 => 468 => DIAMOND PLUS
66 => 475 => DIAMOND PLUS
67 => 482 => DIAMOND PLUS
68 => 489 => DIAMOND PLUS
69 => 496 => DIAMOND PLUS
70 => 503 => DIAMOND PLUS
71 => 510 => DIAMOND PLUS
72 => 517 => DIAMOND PLUS
73 => 524 => DIAMOND PLUS
74 => 531 => DIAMOND PLUS
75 => 538 => DIAMOND PLUS
76 => 545 => DIAMOND PLUS
77 => 552 => DIAMOND PLUS
78 => 559 => DIAMOND PLUS
79 => 566 => DIAMOND PLUS
80 => 573 => DIAMOND PLUS
81 => 580 => DIAMOND PLUS
82 => 587 => DIAMOND PLUS
83 => 594 => DIAMOND PLUS
84 => 601 => DIAMOND PLUS
85 => 608 => DIAMOND PLUS
86 => 615 => DIAMOND PLUS
87 => 622 => DIAMOND PLUS
88 => 629 => DIAMOND PLUS
89 => 636 => DIAMOND PLUS
90 => 643 => DIAMOND PLUS
91 => 650 => DIAMOND PLUS
92 => 657 => DIAMOND PLUS
93 => 664 => DIAMOND PLUS
94 => 671 => DIAMOND PLUS
95 => 678 => DIAMOND PLUS
96 => 685 => DIAMOND PLUS
97 => 692 => DIAMOND PLUS
98 => 699 => DIAMOND PLUS
99 => 706 => PINNACLE
100 => 713 => PINNACLE

Theron

As a dedicated price snob, the first thing I always look at when considering a cruise is dollars per day at sea. [At least the first thing after considering whether I have the least interest in going anywhere the ship plans on stopping]. The new changes underscore that approach. With that in mind, the 3/4 day cruises are still worth considering because they are the frequently the best bang for you buck as far as dollars per day. If you are indeed cruising only for C&A status [no comment], the 3/4 day cruises are still attractive because they are a cheap way to get days. And you can take a 3/4/3 day b2b2b beginning one weekend and including the next weekend, get 10 cheap days at sea and basically spend only a week away from work. Of course this is out of the question for me because I am not particularly interested in stopping repeatedly [or ever] at Nassau and Coco Cay.

As in Mjldvlks' case, go on the cruise that you need/want. Forget the point system. The perks aren't that great that you need to change your needs/wants accordingly. Calculate your points, live with it and move on. It is more fair now. Done deal.

Gina this link will tell you that your Radiance 1/22 sailing starts the new points system.

If you booked a d1 and got upgraded to a JS you will not get double points.

It's the 1/17 cruise I wonder about. That was an overlap cruise beginning before the changes and ending 1 day after the change. It wa a d1 upgraded by c&a to a JS. My 1/22 cruise was booked was a JS so I know it will get double points. I see nothing to clarify what happens to the overlap cruises. Will I get 2 cruise credits for it that will convert to 14 points since the cruise embarked under the old system?

As in Mjldvlks' case' date=' go on the cruise that you need/want. Forget the point system. The perks aren't [i']that [/i]great that you need to change your needs/wants accordingly. Calculate your points, live with it and move on. It is more fair now. Done deal.

Yesterday I was infuriated as I thought I had to count my days cruised and that made me have to work for diamond plus again..and I briefly thought about rearranging plans, taking other cruises, and then I thought, hell , we very much enjoy the perk of the concierge lounge...and all our friends are there...its made for a very unique experience getting together with everyone three times a year...but then, I figured if it takes a year to get back there...I am not exactly suffering by not going there. I am probably saving a good hangover or two..and the other bars are so very beautiful and we are being confined to one.Albeit top shelf free one;)

It's the 1/17 cruise I wonder about. That was an overlap cruise beginning before the changes and ending 1 day after the change. It wa a d1 upgraded by c&a to a JS. My 1/22 cruise was booked was a JS so I know it will get double points. I see nothing to clarify what happens to the overlap cruises. Will I get 2 cruise credits for it that will convert to 14 points since the cruise embarked under the old system?

Theoretically no you should only get the points for the cruise. But, with the various answers that have been given by C&A since Friday to those with similar questions...........I guess it all depends on who you talk to.:p

What they are doing for all those on cruises and overlap cruises prior to midnight January 21 when everyone credits were turned into points..........they are adjusting those folks manually. You will have to call and get your points adjusted.

Theoretically no you should only get the points for the cruise. But, with the various answers that have been given by C&A since Friday to those with similar questions...........I guess it all depends on who you talk to.:p

What they are doing for all those on cruises and overlap cruises prior to midnight January 21 when everyone credits were turned into points..........they are adjusting those folks manually. You will have to call and get your points adjusted.

I have no problem jumping on RCI (with both feet) when I see an injustice by them. Not here....they seemed to have adjusted people's points fairly and adjusted up when a person was within one cruise of the next level. I still believe RCI should have made it harder to get to D and D+. The perks at this level are generous to say the very least.....It should be a real goal to attain a level that has perks that include free concierge and the other great perks....RCI still makes it too easy.....That said.......Its still the best game in town!!! STOP CRYING!!!:eek:

I have no problem jumping on RCI (with both feet) when I see an injustice by them. Not here....they seemed to have adjusted people's points fairly and adjusted up when a person was within one cruise of the next level. I still believe RCI should have made it harder to get to D and D+. The perks at this level are generous to say the very least.....It should be a real goal to attain a level that has perks that include free concierge and the other great perks....RCI still makes it too easy.....That said.......Its still the best game in town!!! STOP CRYING!!!:eek:

I think you must not have understood my response to Gina. And there is really no need to scream at me.

Since she is currently on Radiance, and she has asked this question previously on turn around day..........I answered her question and made it short, sweet and to the point........shedding no tears.:D

If RCCL wanted to keep 3-4 day cruisers from gaining an advantage on 7-11 day cruisers then why didn't they reduce the points to 1/2 for 3-4 days. We are one cruise short of Diamond right now and we have already booked it and now it's out of reach for another 2-3 years. We do two 7-day cruises in 18 months. They could have done a grandfathering in for those nearly reaching the next level. This is the second change since we joined. Not going to believe their marketing anymore. It is just as easy for us to go back to the other lines and add on to our totals there and get better perks. If we stay loyal for 2-3 more years judging from the track record we can expect at least 1 more and likely 2 more changes to the "loyalty program". No reason to stay loyal if the bar keeps moving out of reach. On our last cruise a 1st time cruiser in a Junior suite (honeymooners) got better treament/perks than the 8 time returnee! Now there is a reward for loyalty for you. I know they paid more but they got a bigger better cabin for it and cons. lounge. Now they get roped off seating in the theatre and the ice show (best seats in the house) and nearly every other venu. Obviously loyalty is only of interest if it comes in the way of a suite booking. Diamond Plus didn't get roped off seating and look how much they must have spent by now. RCCL clearly needs some new blood in the perks department. Emerald as opposed to Platinum is a joke. There is no real added perk to emerald it just keeps you from diamond for a lot longer. Some of the supposed perks are so stupid like the advantage for the airline booking. LAME! confused:

If RCCL wanted to keep 3-4 day cruisers from gaining an advantage on 7-11 day cruisers then why didn't they reduce the points to 1/2 for 3-4 days. We are one cruise short of Diamond right now and we have already booked it and now it's out of reach for another 2-3 years. We do two 7-day cruises in 18 months. They could have done a grandfathering in for those nearly reaching the next level. This is the second change since we joined. Not going to believe their marketing anymore. It is just as easy for us to go back to the other lines and add on to our totals there and get better perks. If we stay loyal for 2-3 more years judging from the track record we can expect at least 1 more and likely 2 more changes to the "loyalty program". No reason to stay loyal if the bar keeps moving out of reach. On our last cruise a 1st time cruiser in a Junior suite (honeymooners) got better treament/perks than the 8 time returnee! Now there is a reward for loyalty for you. I know they paid more but they got a bigger better cabin for it and cons. lounge. Now they get roped off seating in the theatre and the ice show (best seats in the house) and nearly every other venu. Obviously loyalty is only of interest if it comes in the way of a suite booking. Diamond Plus didn't get roped off seating and look how much they must have spent by now. RCCL clearly needs some new blood in the perks department. Emerald as opposed to Platinum is a joke. There is no real added perk to emerald it just keeps you from diamond for a lot longer. Some of the supposed perks are so stupid like the advantage for the airline booking. LAME! confused:

I'm confused. If you were 1 cruise credit short of Diamond, you would have had 9 cruise credits.

9 credits converted to 76 cruise points. That is 4 short of the 80 required for Diamond. One cruise could still get you to Diamond.

I think you must not have understood my response to Gina. And there is really no need to scream at me.

Since she is currently on Radiance, and she has asked this question previously on turn around day..........I answered her question and made it short, sweet and to the point........shedding no tears.:D

HEY, Sorry Patti, I meant to quote a complainer when I read their post. I mistakenly posted yours....:):):) Reading your posts I know you are reasonable and love RCI as much as I do.

I'm confused. If you were 1 cruise credit short of Diamond, you would have had 9 cruise credits.

9 credits converted to 76 cruise points. That is 4 short of the 80 required for Diamond. One cruise could still get you to Diamond.

Ditto. I must be misunderstanding something.

Well, I'm not terribly happy. We have four cruises this year, which was to get us to platinum, and 3 away from diamond. With the changes, we'll be *twice* as far away from diamond, 6 to 8 cruises instead of 3 (based on 7 nighters, the odd 5 nighter, which is our normal).

Losing the double credit on the 12 nighter really hurts. An already booked 12 nighter should be 24, not 12 credits.

Too bad I can't change my vote. Crown and Anchor just called today and told me they are going to fix our issue. :D

Congratulations. I'm glad to know Royal is going to be flexible enough to handle these issues.

Bob

MY cruise credits have been converted to 174 points - how frustrating. also when did junior suites stop qualifying for the concierge club.

Junior Suite passengers were never allowed in the Concierge Lounge unless they were Diamond or now Diamond Plus members.

We went from Platinum to Emerald (4 points short of diamond). I couldn't find the balcony discounts for Emerald on their website.

We were one cruise short of Diamond before, and still one cruise short of diamond.

Go to the C&A part of the site, click on Member Benefits, and your Emerald benefits will all be there.

If RCCL wanted to keep 3-4 day cruisers from gaining an advantage on 7-11 day cruisers then why didn't they reduce the points to 1/2 for 3-4 days. We are one cruise short of Diamond right now and we have already booked it and now it's out of reach for another 2-3 years.

I agree with what others have posted. If you were just one cruise short of Diamond, then the conversion would cause you to STILL be one cruise short of Diamond.

We do two 7-day cruises in 18 months. They could have done a grandfathering in for those nearly reaching the next level. This is the second change since we joined. Not going to believe their marketing anymore. It is just as easy for us to go back to the other lines and add on to our totals there and get better perks. If we stay loyal for 2-3 more years judging from the track record we can expect at least 1 more and likely 2 more changes to the "loyalty program". No reason to stay loyal if the bar keeps moving out of reach. On our last cruise a 1st time cruiser in a Junior suite (honeymooners) got better treament/perks than the 8 time returnee! Now there is a reward for loyalty for you.
I think that it is lovely that new cruiser honeymooners had a wonderful cruise.

I know they paid more but they got a bigger better cabin for it and cons. lounge. Now they get roped off seating in the theatre and the ice show (best seats in the house) and nearly every other venu. Obviously loyalty is only of interest if it comes in the way of a suite booking. Diamond Plus didn't get roped off seating and look how much they must have spent by now.

Junior Suites don't get Suite Benefits.

And Diamond Plus DO get the reserved seating in the shows and admission to the Concierge Lounge. You don't - you are not even Diamond.

RCCL clearly needs some new blood in the perks department. Emerald as opposed to Platinum is a joke. There is no real added perk to emerald it just keeps you from diamond for a lot longer. Some of the supposed perks are so stupid like the advantage for the airline booking. LAME! confused:

Emerald has a larger balcony discount than Platinum.

And frankly, Royal Caribbean WANTS to keep people from getting to Diamond so fast.

You are LUCKY that you have just about gotten there already. If you were starting out now, it would be a longer journey.

Well, I'm not terribly happy. We have four cruises this year, which was to get us to platinum, and 3 away from diamond. With the changes, we'll be *twice* as far away from diamond, 6 to 8 cruises instead of 3 (based on 7 nighters, the odd 5 nighter, which is our normal).

Losing the double credit on the 12 nighter really hurts. An already booked 12 nighter should be 24, not 12 credits.

Let me understand.

You are currently Gold.

And you are bemoaning the fact that you can't be Diamond by year's end?

Wow.

You are NOT losing anything on that 12 nighter.

Hereafter, everyone's cruises are counted by nights.

You are getting four times more credits that someone on a weekender on the Monarch, instead of twice as many.

It is NOW finally fair!

A 12 nighter under the new program should be 12 points......under the old program it would have been 2 credits which would equate to 2x7=14 points when they changed to this new program. I don't know where your coming up with 24 nights!!!:rolleyes:

MY cruise credits have been converted to 174 points - how frustrating. also when did junior suites stop qualifying for the concierge club.

We had a JS on the Brilliance back in 2002 and they had already taken the CL from JS passengers, however, it still stated that you got CL in the brochure and when I went to the desk to ask about it they gave us CL keys because of the misprint in the brochures. I don't know exactly when it changed but I know in 2002 that JS's did not get CL access.

Archived