Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

It's understandably a mixed Bag. Some are Happy, some not so much. For some the Jury is still out.

Example A: Based on the old system, Cruiser "A" attained Diamond Status with (10) 3 Night RCCL *Cruises* (30 Nights) prior to changes and Cruiser (A) is at Diamond Status with 83 Conversion Points on the new system.

Example B: Based on the old system, Cruiser "B" attained Gold Status with (3) 11 Night RCCL *Cruises* (33 Nights) and is at Gold Status with 22 Conversion Points on the new system.

Summary: Old System -

Cruiser "A" became Diamond at 10 Cruises :)

Cruiser "B" @ Diamond with 21 additional nights...7 Cruises X 3 Nights :)

Summary: New System -

Cruiser "A" remains at Diamond :)

Cruiser "B" @ Diamond with 58 additional nights :confused: - Is the Math correct ?

I guess it's OK, we are at the "P" level, but feel that some credit should be given for the amount of money spent aboard ship. I know those that ccme off spending ZILCH whereas we are the opposite. We tend to spend a great deal, wine, spa, alternative dining and more. We just came off a 9 day on the Oasis and I just paid the CC off and it was enough for another cruise. So, what I am saying is give credit to those who help fill the purses of RCCL.

We have a B2B reserved for April, the first leg would have made us diamond. On the second portion we wold have cruise as diamond. Now we will have to wait until the completion of the second voyage to reach diamond(that is if I figured correctly). This is a little hard to swallow.

We booked a suite with these intentions and that has me a tad frustrated. Oh well, such is life.

It is not that I cannot book another cruise, but it is a litte bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong see PFD file attached

I didn't open up the .pdf. But my last cruise we were platinum and the early departure lounge was for platinum and up. I know because I used it, we got the letter in our cabin to use it, and the sign said platinum up. We were led off the ship before the express departure people were, being one of the first off. Did they pull this for the platinum people?

I believe they have a different priority departure for diamond level (or believe they do, since that last cruise made us diamond and I have not used it yet), so that might be where the confusion is coming in.

We have a B2B reserved for April, the first leg would have made us diamond. On the second portion we wold have cruise as diamond. Now we will have to wait until the completion of the second voyage to reach diamond(that is if I figured correctly). This is a little hard to swallow.

We booked a suite with these intentions and that has me a tad frustrated. Oh well, such is life.

It is not that I cannot book another cruise, but it is a litte bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we sail in 8 days, and we booked a jr suite to assure our diamond status. We had hoped the the changes would come out in Feb, now we need to cruise for additional 3 days to reach diamond. Oh well could have been worst, they could have stayed with the new # of day requirements and not applied a formula to got me as close to diamond. That would have really made me bitter.

It is what it is!

I didn't open up the .pdf. But my last cruise we were platinum and the early departure lounge was for platinum and up. I know because I used it, we got the letter in our cabin to use it, and the sign said platinum up. We were led off the ship before the express departure people were, being one of the first off. Did they pull this for the platinum people?

I believe they have a different priority departure for diamond level (or believe they do, since that last cruise made us diamond and I have not used it yet), so that might be where the confusion is coming in.

Ok, checked the .pdf. It states private departure lounge in the benefits for platinum. However, on our cruise it was labeled priority departure lounge, and we were clearly led off the ship first, before the express departure people (who were lined up to the side and had to wait until we got off). The private departure longe is still listed on the new benefits, so I am not sure if it will be handled differently in the future, or if this was just a quirk on our cruise.

If you had 8 cruise credits, you now have 69 cruise points.

You need 83 cruise points to be Diamond.

You need 14 cruise points to get there.

If your Explorer (Enchantment?) cruise is at least 7 nights, you will be Diamond after it.

Explorer cruise in april is 5 nights, would = 10 points. diamond is 80 points now right...

What I really like about the changes is that the complimentary upgrade to a suite no longer gets you more credits. You get the upgrade (and all the perks that go along with it) but unless you pay for a suite you will receive only one credit per night instead of two (assuming that you were in a category lower than a suite when booking).

Just speculating here...do you think this is designed to deter the 3 and 4 night cruisers that might book an inside and get a bump into a suite or is that such a small population that is really wouldn't matter ...?

I would say it's a small population it didn't really matter. I'm thinking they were trying to make it more fair, and you are getting the points for what you paid for (seems right to me). It also slows down the people getting to D+ or higher, since those are the ones getting bumped up more often.

Explorer cruise in april is 5 nights, would = 10 points. diamond is 80 points now right...

Well, there you go.

Royal Caribbean has changed to a nights-cruised-basis for its point system.

Someone who sails a short cruise will no longer get the same credit as someone who sails a long cruise.

Your situation is a good example of the change.

Enjoy your trip to Bermuda! I would love to do this cruise, but can never (in my mind) justify the cost, when it costs only a few more dollars to do the 9 night on the Explorer! Those Bermuda cruises are just SO expensive!

There needs to be an "Im still confused or undecided" choice. I still cant figure out how it affects me.

Donna, if your signature is an accurate account of your cruise history, and all four of those Royal Caribbean cruises were in D category or lower, then you HAD 4 cruise credits before.

4 cruise credits have been converted to 29 cruise points.

You need 30 cruise points to become Platinum.

So, just like before, you are one cruise away from Platinum.

No change for you.

:)

we sail in 8 days, and we booked a jr suite to assure our diamond status. We had hoped the the changes would come out in Feb, now we need to cruise for additional 3 days to reach diamond. Oh well could have been worst, they could have stayed with the new # of day requirements and not applied a formula to got me as close to diamond. That would have really made me bitter.

It is what it is!

It seems to me that the "doughnut hole" for the conversion is those who were within 2 credits of bumping up to another level. They "sort of" protected those who needed one credit to go up to Diamond or Diamond Plus by giving them enough days so that a 7-day cruise would get them to the next level.

Example 1
: if you had 9 credits, you got 76 points (because they gave 8 credits a big bump to get them to Emerald)

Example 2
: if you had 23 credits, you got 174 credits so a 7-day cruise still got you D+.

Granted, a 3-day cruise is no longer enough for the first post-conversion cruise, but that was sort of the point. They made the "point-earning power" in line with length of cruise. I will stay away from commenting on whether or not that is fair. As you said, "It is what it is".

Just the way it is I guess but our cruise leaves next week and we're in a suite. Old system = 1 more cruise and we would have been diamond. New system = we have to do 2 more cruises or another suite to hit diamond. So my vote is no, not in favor.

What I really like about the changes is that the complimentary upgrade to a suite no longer gets you more credits. You get the upgrade (and all the perks that go along with it) but unless you pay for a suite you will receive only one credit per night instead of two (assuming that you were in a category lower than a suite when booking).

Just speculating here...do you think this is designed to deter the 3 and 4 night cruisers that might book an inside and get a bump into a suite or is that such a small population that is really wouldn't matter ...?

We never thought about people doing this until we spoke with a loyalty embassador on our last cruise. She mentioned this right up front. RCI was certainly noticing it!

As far as the changes, we are satisfied. We were 2 cruises away from D+ and still are. I am glad they didn't move the goal posts like they did last time.

We also cruise for the love of cruising, but the C&A made us stay loyal to royal

I am curious about people who are on a cruise right this minute but that sailed before this morning...or what about RCCL ships that docked either yesterday or today? Did the pax that disembarked yesterday get their "cruise credit" (to be converted via the formula) and did the pax that disembarked first thing this morning get credit for "nights sailed"? (I realize they won't be posted for up to 14 days, but I wonder how they are handling that....?)

This is what I'd like to know since I am in that position. It will either be 5 points if under current rules since we booked a d2 or 14 points if under day of departure rules since we ended up witha JS upgrade. I'll let you know. We are still on board for a B2B so tbiscruise will be 10 points in a booked JS for nights.

This is what I'd like to know since I am in that position. It will either be 5 points if under current rules since we booked a d2 or 14 points if under day of departure rules since we ended up witha JS upgrade. I'll let you know. We are still on board for a B2B so tbiscruise will be 10 points in a booked JS for nights.

Gina this link will tell you that your Radiance 1/22 sailing starts the new points system.

If you booked a d1 and got upgraded to a JS you will not get double points.

Can't you ask the CAS representative, she/he should be able to tell you.

"You have sailed" so you should be covered for the higher calculation.

Can't you ask the CAS representative, she/he should be able to tell you.

"You have sailed" so you should be covered for the higher calculation.

Possibly the cruise prior to today's but the cruise that starts today (she's on a b2b) will get points for each night but she will not get double points if she was upgraded from a D1 to a JS.

Archived