Info about "gift preferences" for D and D plus

39august

So what you meant to say was "Each person who does not have an existing account must create a new user account,,,,,,,,,

Agree user name must be different, email address does not need to be. Unless were having them different only for the reason that we do not know exactly what the rules are for the amenity. Per person or household

I am surpized after all these years you never had an account before! Wow.

Very very rare that I do not totallly agree with your input:D:)

Yes I guess the operative word is "each".:o My bad.

Since Jim and I cruise together having a separate account for me never entered into the picture. It now appears that there might be an advantage to each member having their own account.

The "other" email address is used to create the account. Once inside, you can adjust the other email addresses to be the same for all members of the household in the profile area.

You only run into a problem if you've forgotten your username/password because the prompt asks for what email address was used to set up the account. I learned this the hard way yesterday as I spent most of the morning trying to remember what generic email address I used for DH years ago when I signed him up for C&A online. I also forgot what his username and password were. :o

Even though DH has a generic email address, we both use mine in the profile area. Luckily, he leaves the computer stuff to me. ;)

You do need separate email addresses to set up accounts.

Thanks for the clarification on the email addresses. That is the info many reps were giving to folks yesterday and I got it from several posts on CC.

The reps failed to mention you could change the email address once the account is set up.

Better check your personal account - yesterday we set our preferences for upgrads and amenities - today our "preferences" were dleted / changed because our "old cruise credits" are now shown as the new "points" which changed our status from D+ to Emerald. Better check your personal accounts daily!!!!

Gary - thanks for the "heads up". Our preferences were deleted and we went from D+ to Platinum.

I set up an account yesterday for DH and used our one and only email address and had no problem. Just checked both accounts and they are correct.:confused:
Not sure why some can and some can't but we have all 3 accounts coming to my email, Always have.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Now I have myself thinking, technically we have two cabins but our daughter is in one by herself and since she is under 18 she gets no preferences under her account. :( Things that make ya go hum... Not going to change people around just to get a towel so that isn't an option but since were paying for two cabins you would think we would get 2 Diamond Plus gifts.

BonVoyage

Dawna

How about just to get a bottle of wine? Much better than a towel! (I have heard that the towels aren't as nice as the towels that they used to give a couple of years ago)

:D

Better check your personal account - yesterday we set our preferences for upgrads and amenities - today our "preferences" were dleted / changed because our "old cruise credits" are now shown as the new "points" which changed our status from D+ to Emerald. Better check your personal accounts daily!!!!

That could be an advantage is some cases. There has been discussion about how to mark the Upgrade Preference (leaving it blank should force a contact attempt before upgrading - the only risk is you have 24 hours to respond and you could miss out). There could be cases where you might not want the upgrade (such as a special aft or hump cabin) and there is not an exception for that. Folks that selected the automatic upgrade could not uncheck it. Now they might have a second chance.

Nope, when I established my own account yesterday with a new user name and tried to use the email address on my husband's account it wouldn't let me.

Ray's and my account both have the same email addresss.... we've had both accounts set up for a long time though...

Just curious. If you go to the part that says you forgot your username or password, it asks you to fill in your email address. When you do that, do they send you all your usernames and passwords?

I am going to rethink this abit more.....right password part has me thinking!!!!! Username is easy, it wll only return the correct password regarding that username.

Ray's and my account both have the same email addresss.... we've had both accounts set up for a long time though...

So have we,along with my children(grown now).but we all have had our own accounts(but he has a different email).....funny cuz my husband gets all the emails,while I get none.......

and his reflects the same amount of cruises/creidts/days as mine,even though I have cruised without him

How are Diamond's getting Wine? I don't get it? I went in and selected my gift preferences and I am Diamond and the only options I had were sodas or juice or water.

I don't get it?

16 straight cruises on RCCL and two more booked for this year.

That was what we were offered also. :) I took a diet soda. :confused:

Same with us, I set up his account several months after I had set up mine, using the same email address for both of us. Had no problem!

This morning I updated his profile to reflect his preference. Do you think I should change one of our email address? We sail on the Allure next week.

Thanks,

Just an FYI regarding the special amenity that Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle get to order prior to cruising.

If you are just doing one cruise, you can fill out what you would like under "On Board Gift Preference" when you log into C&A.

However, if you are doing a consecutive cruise........there is no where to enter each booking number. So, in this case you would have to call if "each guest", as listed in their footnotes under Member's Benefits, wants to receive his/her own amenity.

Just an FYI regarding the special amenity that Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle get to order prior to cruising.

If you are just doing one cruise, you can fill out what you would like under "On Board Gift Preference" when you log into C&A.

However, if you are doing a consecutive cruise........there is no where to enter each booking number. So, in this case you would have to call if "each guest", as listed in their footnotes under Member's Benefits, wants to receive his/her own amenity.

Patti, since the web site says you can change your gift preferences up to 5 days before sailing, do you think a b2b passenger can go online from the ship and change their preference, or contact the Loyalty Ambassador? That's what I was planning on doing for my upcoming consecutive cruises. I think we get to go to RCCL's web site for no charge, right?

Patti, since the web site says you can change your gift preferences up to 5 days before sailing, do you think a b2b passenger can go online from the ship and change their preference, or contact the Loyalty Ambassador? That's what I was planning on doing for my upcoming consecutive cruises. I think we get to go to RCCL's web site for no charge, right?

I don't know Peggy. I would feel better calling prior to leaving like we've done in the past. There's just something about a soothing/raspy/irritating voice that gives me the warm fuzzy feeling all over.:p

Yes, you can go to the website, but since RCI remodeled their website they didn't send the new programing set up to the ships so that they could update their sites. On EN it was pure frustration for 12 days. It would lock up and you couldn't check future cruises or get into your MyCruises Account. Others off other ships had the same problem.

We are on a B2B in a few weeks, so I guess I should call in my preferences for the 2nd week for myself and DH. Do you really think we will each get a gift? :confused:

You'll only know the answer after you call!

According to their footnotes it does say "each guest". So I would consider you a guest and your DH a guest.

If you call, please come back and let us know what they say as we are doing a b2b in April.

We are on a B2B in a few weeks, so I guess I should call in my preferences for the 2nd week for myself and DH. Do you really think we will each get a gift? :confused:

You try and let us know how it works out!

"Robyn the Guinea Pig"

LOL ;)

Ok I am totally confused but that is not hard for me to do.

Is this thread saying that I can order an amentity and my wife can also order one with her email account? We get two of which amentity? Please help. Remember I confuse easily. Asking about D+ amentity. Thanks.

Is this thread saying that I can order an amentity and my wife can also order one with her email account? We get two of which amentity? Please help. Remember I confuse easily. Asking about D+ amentity. Thanks.

Some of us think that the new website for C&A says that, yes.

Others are not convinced.

All of us believe that RC's programmers don't know what they are doing.

All of us believe that RC's writers have limited abilities.

Therefore, we await Robyn's proof.

:)

You think you're confused. :D

Under Member Benefits in Footnote #9 in reference to the special amenity it says..."Bonus gift of your choice will be chosen from a pre-selected list for each guest".

According to the OP who started this thread and talked with the D+ desk..........YES, as long as you each have a My Cruises Account you can each order a gift.

Edit: Mom said it best above.

Some of us think that the new website for C&A says that, yes.

Others are not convinced.

All of us believe that RC's programmers don't know what they are doing.

All of us believe that RC's writers have limited abilities.

Therefore, we await Robyn's proof.

:)

That about sums it up.

You think you're confused. :D

No longer thinking I am confused....it has now been confirmed.

Thanks.

Archived