Regent or Oceania??

khuselid

Looking to book either Oceania or Regent for a Fall Mediterranean cruise. My first trip to Europe.

Open to any and all advice!! September or October? Regent or Oceania? Which itinerary??

Thanks all!! Kim

What ports do you want to see?

when can you travel?

What is important in a cruise to you?

I would talk to a TA & find which cruise line suits you & your needs /wants

There is a search feature (top right) if you want to compare cruise lines

there are many threads comparing Oceania & Regent

enjoy

Regent or Oceania? Which itinerary??

Thanks all!! Kim

Kim,

To be able to help you, you have to give us a little more to go on.

The answer to your question here will be Oceania; on the Regent board it will be Regent.

Not to oversimplify, but if your bar bill tends to be VERY large, go with Regent.

Otherwise Oceania is a better choice, IMO. My single experience on Regent did not make me want to return.

YMMV

Thanks for the great info! We are heavily leaning toward the 9/7 Marina sailing. Concerned that end of September will get too cold. Any thoughts on that???

Any help with booking, air, hotels etc...... would be greatly appreciated. What an amazing resource!

Best, Kim

We did Barcelona to Lisbon(not on O but Windstar) and the weather was glorious in Oct.:) Your timing is just grand..Light sweater or jacket and/or shawl for evenings. Other wise summer rules still:):):)

You were VERY lucky to have had such warm weather in October! A good rule of thumb for a Transatlantic is to look at the average temperature in each of the terminal ports and to assume that your days across the pond will be about ten degrees cooler.

Hi Khuselid,

The 9/7 on Marina looks to be Venice to Istanbul. In late September, the weather should be very nice, especially once you get in the areas around Greece and Turkey. I grew up in the Mediterranean and generally late September was lovely and warm and sometimes hot. I agree with amer_can, that a light jacket or shawl would be good to have along just in case.

I think you can't go wrong with Marina and definitely Oceania (any ship) would be my choice. We drink fairly liberally when on board and even still, there is no way we could drink the difference in price between Regent and Oceania.

Looking to book either Oceania or Regent for a Fall Mediterranean cruise. My first trip to Europe.

Open to any and all advice!! September or October? Regent or Oceania? Which itinerary??

Thanks all!! Kim

We went in Oct of 09 and the weather was fabulous on our trip from Barcelona to Athens.

I would look at what Oceania offers during that time frame from their website and then compare it to what Regent offers. I think you will find you will get more vacation for your money on Oceania, depending of course on what cabin category you book.

Same owners, some of the onboard mgmt. team switches among the ships (we ran into the same, pleasant, competent person on the RSSC Navigator and Oceania Regatta). Food quality and service generally is better on Regent and it is all-inclusive. Food presentation and variety is better on Oceania. They emphasize their food choices. Regent offers children programs at certain times; Oceania does not. We have enjoyed them both and will be on the Marina for Xmas/New Years. Try them both and decide.

Archived