I Princess for us?

Cras108er

My wife and I are still trying to book a cruise for late April. Initially, we were looking at the Carnival Freedom or Norwegian Dawn, then we saw the 10-day Starr Princess cruise for just a few dollar more. The extra days were very attractive to us.

We are in our late 40's, although we are younger at heart. We like some activities at night, although we're not wild and crazy. We'd like there to be some dancing after 10:00. Ports are n ot hugely important to us, although we found the itinerary quite attractive on this cruise. Our intent is just to relax and not do a lot of excursions. We probably enjoy the cruise itself more than the ports themelves.

This would be our third cruise. Our first was on RCCL (Jewel of the Sea) and we absolutely loved it. Our second experience was an Alaska cruise on HAL (Staatendam). It was probably a bit more sedate and the service not as good as RCCL in our opinion. We enjoyed both cruises, but much preferred RCCL.

Would the Princess cruise be for us? We're probably most interested in the general clientele and atmosphere of the ship. Thanks.

Each cruise is a different experience. We have been on numerous Princess cruises and can state that .......for the fare they charge, Princess delivers a great experience. In fact, our last two cruises were booked for the ship experience only....not for the ports.

As you can see from my sig, I have only cruised with Princess. But, from what you have mentioned about what you like, I think Princess would be a good fit; especially if you like the itinerary. There is a lot going on in the evening with opportunities for dancing in more than one venue. There are also many activities during the day. I have always found the service to be excellent with only one exception, and then it was OK, but not bad.

Full disclosure, I and my DH are 53. You will find a wide range of ages on Princess on all itineraries and number of days, but with a 10 day cruise, it does skew older. How many 20-30 somethings have that many days at their disposal?

Try Princess, I don't think you will regret it and I do believe you will have a wonderful vacation.

Hi,

We are both in our 30's (me barely). We are sedate most of the time but like to have a good few drinks and a laugh usually 2 or 3 times on a 14 night cruise. We always find somewhere to have a laugh with Princess. Give it a go and I am sure you will love it.

Matthew

We've found the service, entertainment and food on Princess to be comparable to Royal Caribbean, so if you loved Jewel, then you'll probably enjoy Princess too. Each line does some things better than the other, but it balances out to an equivalent cruising experience. I prefer both of these lines to Carnival (we did not have a good experience on our Carnival cruise) and Norwegean (the freestyle concept does not appeal to us). I think you'll be ok as far as demographics and atmosphere onboard the ship are concerned.

I say, go for it!

Thank you for the responses. You guys have pushed us over the edge (is that appropriate to say on a cruie forum :D). I spent this afternoon looking at the Princess website, other posts, and the roll call for the cruise we want to go on. I will be calling to make reservations tomorrow. We are so excited! Thank again.

We just got off the Golden last month and there always seemed to be a great deal of activity onboard even though the age group seemed to skew toward older folks (and about 200 passengers never made it onboard due to getting snowed in), despite it being when kids are out on winter break. Most nights there was a band playing in the Piazza and/or in the Explorers Lounge and many times people were dancing. We never met it to the late night to Skywalkers, which had a DJ.

Archived