Transiting Frankfort Airport

Palmetto Lady

Sometime ago someone posted some very thorough directiions on transiting Frankfort Airport.

As I read through them in anticipation having to do this in the next few months, I noticed that it did not address the problem we had the time that we had to accomplish this transit. The problem was that we were unable to obtain a boarding pass for our Frankford to Nice segment in the US. We were traveling on USAir from Savannah to Charlotte and then on Lufthansa to Frankfort and then on to Nice. I tried in both Savannah and Charlotte to obtain a boarding pass, but they were unable to print them. When we got to Frankfort, we kept standing in the wrong lines and missed our flight. The nice ladies in the Business Class lounge were able to get us on the next flight. If we have the same problem this time, Frankfort to Athens, where do we go to get our boarding passes? We again will be in Business Class. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Did you try LH on line check in? The reason I ask is last summer, we did SFO-FRA on United, then FRA-FCO on LH, all in business. We were able to use online checkin with LH at home before we left, but the United checkin person for our baggage at SFO also offered to print it as well.

If we have the same problem this time, Frankfort to Athens, where do we go to get our boarding passes? We again will be in Business Class.
If you're searching, you might want to remember the correct spelling: Frankfurt. That may help you to find more information online.

The transfer desk is the natural place to go to get a boarding pass. But if the lounge staff were able to print you a boarding pass last time after rebooking you, that might be another option. I don't exactly know how LH works, but IME on other airlines asking for help in the lounge is usually a viable option for most problems.

Archived