can you open the dividers between balconies?

2ndsailing

We were on the Connie a few years ago and we had two cc cabins that were adjoining. The dividers between the balconies could not be opened. Is that still the case? We're looking at booking a cruise next January with my sister and her husband and we were wondering whether the dividers can now be opened between two cabins.

• 2 weeks later...
we had three Concierge Class balconies on Solstice and were able to open the dividers to create an expansive balcony in front of all three staterooms. It was REALLY nice!

Can you tell me which cabins they were? Celebrity "customer service" is telling me that only certain balconies (those belonging to connecting cabins) connect and I want them to be wrong :rolleyes:

They are wrong. We had 5 cabins in a row on the Solstice. They were able to open the partition between all of them. Those that were adjoing cabins opened completely. Those that were between cabins that were not adjoining had a metal bar at the bottom that you needed to step over. This is true of all balcony cabins, class doesn't matter. We found this to be the case on the Equinox also.

They are wrong. We had 5 cabins in a row on the Solstice. They were able to open the partition between all of them. Those that were adjoing cabins opened completely. Those that were between cabins that were not adjoining had a metal bar at the bottom that you needed to step over. This is true of all balcony cabins, class doesn't matter. We found this to be the case on the Equinox also.

All the stateroom balcony partitions open on the S-Class ships. You refer to a metal bar that you need to step over? Those are support beams. They are located on Deck 11 between Staterooms 1606 and 1608 on the Starboard side, and 1601 and 1603 on the Port side.

Additionally, those support beams forward of the hump come down on Deck 10 -- every other stateroom, to support the Pool up above, and aft of the hump they come down on Deck 11 -- every other stateroom, to support the Oceanview Cafe.

Other than that, I know of no other support beams separating balconies where they open that you have to step over in order to get to the next balcony. There may be others scattered here & there that I may be unaware of, but the ones I listed above are the main support beams.

Whether cabins on the S-Class are adjoining cabins or not has nothing whatsoever to do with the balcony partitions. They just ladjoin in the passageway.

@Geepmaley: We were in Category C3 staterooms 1001, 1003, and 1005 and had our room steward open the balcony doors to create an expansive balcony in front of all three staterooms. We could see other staterooms on other decks and many other guests had adjoining balcony doors open as well.

Great news everyone. We are booked in 6301 and 6303 (last two cabins aft, port side with extended balconies), so hopefully this concept extends to the lower decks too as our kids will be next door and the cabins are NOT adjoining. Hopefully its not just the Concierge class cabins that do this.

Does anyone have pictures of their balconies connected up? Especially if you are in a side hump cabins (with oversized balcony) or preferably last cabins aft on any deck.

Oh, wow! We have adjoining cabins with my parents on next week's Solstice cruise. I had no idea that the balcony partitions could be opened. This will be really, really nice! Thanks for mentioning it.

So do we, with my parents, and I had no idea either. God no, I can't bear it!

only joking. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know about dividers on the Summit. Someone at Celebrity told me that if the rooms connect you can open the dividers.

Not unless it is 6145 and 6147 or 6146 and 6148. :cool:

Archived