Taxi vs NCL Bus

WinnieinWA

We are coming in a day early and will stay in a hotel. The hotel has free shuttle to and from hotel to airport. Would it be cheaper to get a taxi from the airport or take the NCL bus? How far is the port from the airport? Your recommendations are very welcome! :)

Thanks a bunch.

Winnie

I prefer to board early and did not like sitting in the hotel lobby just waiting and waiting for the bus. Although I will probably taxi in the future, I will say I met some very nice shipmates while waiting in the lobby. Sort of my own little "meet and greet."

We are coming in a day early and will stay in a hotel. The hotel has free shuttle to and from hotel to airport. Would it be cheaper to get a taxi from the airport or take the NCL bus? How far is the port from the airport? Your recommendations are very welcome! :)

Thanks a bunch.

Winnie

Winnie, I may be blind and just not seeing it, but I think to get a full response to your question, you need to tell us what port and airport you are referring too. But in general, I almost always prefer to take a taxi over a shuttle bus.

Thanks a bunch.

Winnie

My question is the same as others, where will you be flying into? Also how many of you are there? Normally if there are more than 2 it is actually cheaper to take a taxi.

Nita

Isn't it great when somebody posts, but does not come back.

But - if anyone cares, it would be a very rare port where I would take any group transportation vs. just taking a cab. A cab is usually less expensive and is on YOUR schedule, vs Aunt Milly's.

I personally would never do transfers again. We did purchase them one time and sat around forever. The hotel lobby was full of people waiting for the bus and our bus wasn't supposed to leave until 12:30. We ended up taking a taxi to the port at 10:00 and didn't have to deal with hoards of other people.

one place I would (and did) take NCL's shuttle was Santiago to Valparaiso... But NCL is out of that market right now.

We did it in London to Dover. It was much cheaper in that case, but what a nightmere it was. Unless I can really save, forget it or if I am traveling alone.

Nita

It's generally cheaper to take a taxi if you have at least 2 people. (If you're alone, then the NCL would be cheaper.)

But more importantly, a taxi is on your schedule rather than waiting around for everyone else's flights to arrive and for the bus to fill up.

Take a taxi and you'll get to the port when you want.

Not only do you have to wait for the bus to fill up, then you have to check in with fifty people coming at the same time.

It's generally cheaper to take a taxi if you have at least 2 people. (If you're alone, then the NCL would be cheaper.)

But more importantly, a taxi is on your schedule rather than waiting around for everyone else's flights to arrive and for the bus to fill up.

Take a taxi and you'll get to the port when you want.

Archived