Early dining table request

Katie John

Does anyone know if it is possible to request a table by the window? Tia

Not only can you not request a particular table,,,the early dining time is only a request. You could board the ship and find you have been assigned late dining.

However, on the day you get on the ship, one of the Maitre 'D's will bee in one of the dining rooms working with guests who have special requests or need to change dining times. No guarantees but go speak with them.

Not only can you not request a particular table,,,the early dining time is only a request. You could board the ship and find you have been assigned late dining.

However, on the day you get on the ship, one of the Maitre 'D's will bee in one of the dining rooms working with guests who have special requests or need to change dining times. No guarantees but go speak with them.

Hmm, on my reservation confirmation from TA it says early dining confirmed. :confused:

I do realize there are many other passengers and there is no guarantee of getting such a request fulfilled but if there is a chance I will try:)

Hmm, on my reservation confirmation from TA it says early dining confirmed. :confused:

I do realize there are many other passengers and there is no guarantee of getting such a request fulfilled but if there is a chance I will try:)

If your paperwork shows your dining time as confirmed, then you're good to go. Some people have their request showing "waitlisted" when they pull up their booking. Those people could possibly wind up not getting the time they wanted. It hasn't happened to me. And if you get up to platinum, it won't happen to you, as platinums are guaranteed whatever dining time they want.

You can certainly request the window table, but it would probably have to wait until you get on board and talk to the Maitre 'D. Go down there early in the afternoon and ask where your table is. If you want something else, you can put in a request, and hope for the best.

On our last cruise we requested early dining, 8 months in advance. When we got our sign and sail cards it listed us as any time dining. In the dining room we were told that all the early dining was taken up since so many people booked early and requested early dining. We booked 8 months in advance. I guess that's not early enough. After talking to my PVP, he said that when you are booking, they ask for your preference, early or late dining. If early is all booked up, it's not an option for the PVP to ask. Then he switched me over to Guest Services and I was told that I could have gone to the dining room and asked to be switched to early dining if the event someone had canceled out. The more I cruise, the more I learn.

As previously posted, once we get on the ship, we will go down to request a table by the window and confirm booking for early dining.

We ended up with anytime dining and it worked out anyway.

Table request are confirmed at the time of booking and are subject to change only if the table is required by a platinum guest, which rarely happens. Dining time used to be a request but that changed about two years ago.

OP, you will get a confirmed dining time when you book, but as far as table location and size you will not know until you get on the ship.

Tables by the windows are usually the 8 person table so you would have to share the table with others. The chance of you always getting that window seat is 1 out of 8.

WHen are you sailing? Winter months is very dark by the time early seating.

If you want a window seat while dining- lido buffet or go for breakfast and lunch.

Is there anyway to request a specific dining room? I have confirmed early seating & would like the London dining room as our cabin is midship (and I dont like the vibration in Paris). I know I have a 50/50 chance of Paris or London. I also know that I wont know which dining room is assigned until we check in. If I get Paris, should I just talk to staff upon embarcation or is there a way to request in advance? Also thought about Any Time dining because I know that's in the London, but hubby prefers early seating. Thanks.

Is there anyway to request a specific dining room? I have confirmed early seating & would like the London dining room as our cabin is midship (and I dont like the vibration in Paris). I know I have a 50/50 chance of Paris or London. I also know that I wont know which dining room is assigned until we check in. If I get Paris, should I just talk to staff upon embarcation or is there a way to request in advance? Also thought about your time dining because I know that's in the London, but hubby prefers early seating. Thanks.

No way to request a specific dining room before the cruise, as far as I know.

If you get Paris, just go see the MD. He'll be in one of the dining rooms about 1-1:30 on embark day. (The time/place will be posted in the Fun Times.) He'll change it for you if at all possible.

If you have Any Time, that would be midships, upper level. If he prefers early, you can go as early as you want.

Tables by the windows are usually the 8 person table so you would have to share the table with others. The chance of you always getting that window seat is 1 out of 8.

WHen are you sailing? Winter months is very dark by the time early seating.

If you want a window seat while dining- lido buffet or go for breakfast and lunch.

Totally agree... tables by the window are usually 8 or 10 long and quite honestly, if the sun isn't shining right into your eyes, thus making you close the curtains, its usually too dark to see anything out the window anyways!!!

Personally, for us, we like the round tables in the middle of the dining room because there you can see everything that is going on, including (which we love) watching the waitstaff sing and dance for us...

But, like others have said, and it never hurts to ask...upon boarding and checking your table/dining room on the Sign n Sail card, you can certainly go to the dining room, ask to see your assigned table, and if not happy, get on line and very nicely ask the Maitre'd if he/she could perhaps change it for you...

Archived