back to back ?

mikesusan

Okay, I get that. When you get your disembarkation questionnaire where they ask you about transfers, flight times, etc., is there not a check off for staying on for the next cruise? I seem to remember something like this. I'll be on a TA in May and will have to pay attention to that.

My main concern is that we won't loose any bennies on the 2nd leg, internet, Elite mini bottle set up, etc. :D.

We are Elite pax and just got off a b2b to Mexico on the Sapphire. Each cruise was treated separately; a new mini-bar set up, new cruise card, new internet package (minutes could not roll over), etc. You can, however, link your two cruise accounts together.

In our previous b2b's, we've never had a problem with personal belongings items left out anywhere. Sounds like that steward helper didn't look deep into the cabin to realize it was still occupied, or the steward him/herself forgot to inform the helper.

Also, the cruise questionnaire is now done by email, not hand-done with a pencil at the end of the cruise as before. We both received a separate email for each cruise, total four questionnaires.

Side note..... We may have been the last Princess passengers to visit Mazatlan for a while! We love b2b's!

Also, you can have the balance due at the end of the first segment transferred to your second segment account instead of having to be settled at the end of the first segment.

We would be informed that it would carry over (not given a choice, just stated as fact).

We are Elite pax and just got off a b2b to Mexico on the Sapphire. Each cruise was treated separately; a new mini-bar set up, new cruise card, new internet package (minutes could not roll over), etc. You can, however, link your two cruise accounts together.

In our previous b2b's, we've never had a problem with personal belongings items left out anywhere. Sounds like that steward helper didn't look deep into the cabin to realize it was still occupied, or the steward him/herself forgot to inform the helper.

It's good to hear from someone who "has been there, done that." Thanks again to everyone who has answered my questions and provided information. CC is great!

Whether you have to get off the ship depends on the rules of the country involved. We have done b2b's in Chile, Mexico, Brazil and the UK. We have not had to get off in any port. In all but the UK, we were asked to go to the gangway to get our new cruise card activated during the afternoon. In the UK they had us meet and go to the gangway as a group.

You do not have to do the muster drill if you are on the same ship and did a muster drill in the previous 30 days.

Whether you have to get off the ship depends on the rules of the country involved. We have done b2b's in Chile, Mexico, Brazil and the UK. We have not had to get off in any port. In all but the UK, we were asked to go to the gangway to get our new cruise card activated during the afternoon. In the UK they had us meet and go to the gangway as a group.

You do not have to do the muster drill if you are on the same ship and did a muster drill in the previous 30 days.

Thank you for the information. We are doing the back to back from Ft Lauderdale - I know when people were doing back to backs in LA they had to get off and then were first back on but this was a couple of years ago. Glad we don't have to do the muster drill on the second week- we can hang out on the balcony and catch a few extra "rays"

Thank you for the information. We are doing the back to back from Ft Lauderdale - I know when people were doing back to backs in LA they had to get off and then were first back on but this was a couple of years ago. Glad we don't have to do the muster drill on the second week- we can hang out on the balcony and catch a few extra "rays"

You will have to get off in FLL, but not for long. You'll be led through immigration area and then back on again. Unless of course you choose to spend some time off the ship. You will receive your new cruise cards and intransit cards in your cabin the night before.

Hi cruisealot54

When we were on sea princess out of Barbados everyone had to get off in FLL as they did bb from there this also included crew. We were given new cards when we re boarded it took about 30min in total. We didn't have to do the muster drill again. Hope this help's

The b2b on the grand can be booked as a 14 cruise under one booking # instead of b2b . This helps get a larger obc from fcc and stock obc .Would i have to get off in fll and get a new card?

If you are a CCL shareholder, a veteran and Elite, you lose a whole lot by booking as one cruise.

Yes, you will get a new card even with one booking number.

The b2b on the grand can be booked as a 14 cruise under one booking # instead of b2b . This helps get a larger obc from fcc and stock obc .Would i have to get off in fll and get a new card?

Our is booked as a 14 day cruise as well doing both the southern and western carribbean. We go back to FLL in the middle. I am glad that we don't have to back twice and don't have to do the muster drill on the second half.

If you are a CCL shareholder, a veteran and Elite, you lose a whole lot by booking as one cruise.

Yes, you will get a new card even with one booking number.

Stockholder: 7 day cruise $100 two 7 day cruises $200 one 14 day cruise $250 $50 more if booked as one cruise

Veteran benefit: same amounts as stockholder

For those two benefits, a single booking number is more valuable

Internet (platinum/elite): 7 day cruise $75 two 7 day cruises $150 one 14 day cruise $100 $50 less if booked as one cruise. If both in the cabin are platinum/elite, $100 less if booked as one cruise.

Used FCC's to book (assume outside cabin): 7 day cruise $50 two 7 day cruises $100 one 14 day cruise $100 A tie

Archived